Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 06:23:26 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction fee for slush's pool?  (Read 2929 times)
VacantPaper (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:57:05 PM

So I have my payout set to 0.01, the lowest it can go. It'll send in an hour or so because I've almost reached that, what's the transaction fee? Should I wait until it's a higher amount? Thanks.
VacantPaper (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:20:48 PM

Bump.
fc10a3

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 07:44:42 PM

Slush doesn't have a transaction fee.  I've received many payouts from him.

Also just recently (last day or 2) he lowered the minimum payout from .05 to .01 Personally I have mine set to .1 just to keep things tidy
VacantPaper (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:37:02 AM

Slush doesn't have a transaction fee.  I've received many payouts from him.

Also just recently (last day or 2) he lowered the minimum payout from .05 to .01 Personally I have mine set to .1 just to keep things tidy

Thanks for the info. I set mine so low just because I only make like 0.03 a day, and it's nice to have it in my wallet rather than sitting on his server...just because at any moment something could go wrong or crash, you know what I'm saying?

Also, when it says in my account down by my miners "Stratum" and then "yes" below it, does this mean that miner is using stratum? (I'm using common sense and assuming so..)
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:42:17 AM

Also, when it says in my account down by my miners "Stratum" and then "yes" below it, does this mean that miner is using stratum? (I'm using common sense and assuming so..)

That is correct. It will also show a dash ("-") if your miner is not active and "no" if your miner is using the old Getwork protocol. You want the "yes", of course.
akspa

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 06:06:01 AM

I wasn't sure if SLUSH used a 1% transaction fee or not - after seeing the warning about using an outdated miner, I suspect that it is actually 1% - the warning stated that if I didn't upgrade to a stratum-enabled miner, or set up a stratum mining proxy, the transaction fee would be raised to 10%, from 1%.
fc10a3

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 07:24:50 AM

I wasn't sure if SLUSH used a 1% transaction fee or not - after seeing the warning about using an outdated miner, I suspect that it is actually 1% - the warning stated that if I didn't upgrade to a stratum-enabled miner, or set up a stratum mining proxy, the transaction fee would be raised to 10%, from 1%.

Slush doesn't have a transaction fee.  The fee (2%) is the pool fee which comes straight out of the rewards.

"25 BTC + block fees - 2% fee) * (shares found by user's workers) / (total shares in current round)"

The increase to 10% is if you're still using old getwork and haven't moved up to stratum, to encourage everyone to change to the more stable and maintained stratum.  If you are using guiminer (most newbies are) then it will auto convert to stratum, from http://api.bitcoin.cz:8332 > stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333, however still better to using stratum.bit:3333 etc. in order to not have to "go through" the old getwork.  If you are not using guiminer and still using the old api.bitcoin.cz:8332 then you either need to using slush's stratum proxy (found on main site) or change to stratum.bitcoin.ca:3333. 

This is explained in better detail (and more accurate than my poor retelling) on the slush thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: