Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:36:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Efficient way to eradicate corruption  (Read 3832 times)
novemberwoah

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 04:51:54 PM

100% eradication is not possible. But by taking some steps like giving better salaries in government jobs, increasing the number of workers, speeding up the work process in different types of government institutions etc can hardly help to eradicate corruption. Now-a-days it has become a severe issue. So, along with governments we all should also be alert of this.

I disagree with you. If the government officials get good salary, the prevalence of corruption will be reduced by a great deal. But we need to implement a carrot and stick approach. Good salaries alone won't do the job. Tough punishments also need to be given out to the corrupt officials.
A government official I thought it was getting a good salary, so maybe it does not work to reduce corruption. Give a better salary is not a good way to eradicate corruption I think, because people will not be satisfied with what they get so that their desire to continue to get better salaries will always be there. Heavy punishment I think a good way to eradicate corruption, if the punishment is done firmly and true I think would make people think back to corruption.

Corruption will never run out, people who were given huge salaries and higher administrative positions will not solve the problem because corruptor is never satisfied. Prison just a hotel to hide away and on vacation. Corruptions number of property seized by government is only a fraction of their total wealth (nominal visible). A good name is tarnished not important because money is everything for them.

I agree with death penalty. This will provide a deterrent for others. Human rights have always voiced about human justice, but they are silent when corruptors continue to dredge nation's wealth without mercy, even after being jailed and free.
Yes, most decisive punishment may be given to corruption, the death penalty is one of the best ways to reduce corruption. Because this will make people afraid to engage in corruption so that corruption can be reduced or even eliminated. Because if jailed, they could be free with pay. And if to return the money, it's not all of them will be returned. But I am sure this will cause the pros and cons for a country that had never done that. But whatever, I also agree with the death penalty for corruption.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 03:04:19 AM

I agree with death penalty just like the old times like firing squad, hanging to death etc, but I think in our county this kind of punishment will not likely to happen because there is no existing laws that include government officials with this kind of punishment, too bad.   

Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 03:27:46 AM

I agree with death penalty just like the old times like firing squad, hanging to death etc, but I think in our county this kind of punishment will not likely to happen because there is no existing laws that include government officials with this kind of punishment, too bad.   

Death penalty is not a good solution, unless all that were suspected corrupt politicians are proven guilty with lots of substantial evidence that could prove it including videos and conversation... It would be unfair to public officials who were just framed up or if not, being set up by someone...

Aside from that, judges are humans and they are not perfect in making a decision, that is why there is always a retrial and someone could appeal his/her case in the higher courts...  Smiley
Mia Wallace

Activity: 361
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:17:47 AM

It is really easy to call upon a firing squad and death penalty for corruption .Why you want to think about extreme measures rather than steps to isolate that individual from the political or government jobs rather than killing them and you can very well confiscate their wealth and if government starts implementing this then we will be able to reduce corruption .
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:49:25 AM

It is really easy to call upon a firing squad and death penalty for corruption .Why you want to think about extreme measures rather than steps to isolate that individual from the political or government jobs rather than killing them and you can very well confiscate their wealth and if government starts implementing this then we will be able to reduce corruption .
Nobody would ever condone murder as a penalty for corruption in a modern society. Isolation would be a great idea. Such penalties are already used but they are very limited and rarely imposed on politicians.
Such rule applies to teachers, if one is convicted for a major crime he is immediately banned from working in education. Doctors and judges are facing similar penalties if they are found asking for bribes, but these cases are difficult to prove in court unless you have him on camera.
It's funny that one of the most corrupt groups, the politicians, are seldom convicted.

bra4our

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:32:44 PM

Imprisonment doesn't seem to work when it comes to corruption nowadays, I like how it is in China, they just kill you, death has a way of deterring people from committing doing anything illegal.
Alexzap

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:37:12 PM

Imprisonment doesn't seem to work when it comes to corruption nowadays, I like how it is in China, they just kill you, death has a way of deterring people from committing doing anything illegal.
In fact, China has rarely kill. Corruption is everywhere. In many countries if corruption will stop these countries paralyzed. Officials have come up with a lot of laws which prohibit all. But corruption allows you to not abide by these laws.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:40:37 PM

Well that is not right, government officials are still included in this type of punishment, it depends on how high of crime did that government official to punish themnusing the punishment said. There are levels of crime matching their own pusnishments.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Alexzap

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:46:18 PM

Well that is not right, government officials are still included in this type of punishment, it depends on how high of crime did that government official to punish themnusing the punishment said. There are levels of crime matching their own pusnishments.
Cruelty begets cruelty. The death penalty does not solve the problem of corruption and crime. I think that the punishment system really needs to be changed, but it should be something like penal servitude.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:01:50 PM

If a government employee being caught taking bribe or embezzling funds from the budget, even single time, remove presumption of innocence from all his assets (house, land, car, jewelry, bank account etc) and require him to prove source of the income from which he had acquired these assets. If he cannot prove legality of his incomes, confiscate ALL properties belonging to him or transferred to his relatives after investigation started.

For many corruptioners prison time is nothing! After serving few years he can start living like a millionaire having money he stole.
That will not work because those that have the duty to prosecute those felons can be corrupted too and if that happens then corruption will run rampant as it is the case right now.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:39:07 PM

If a government employee being caught taking bribe or embezzling funds from the budget, even single time, remove presumption of innocence from all his assets (house, land, car, jewelry, bank account etc) and require him to prove source of the income from which he had acquired these assets. If he cannot prove legality of his incomes, confiscate ALL properties belonging to him or transferred to his relatives after investigation started.

For many corruptioners prison time is nothing! After serving few years he can start living like a millionaire having money he stole.
That will not work because those that have the duty to prosecute those felons can be corrupted too and if that happens then corruption will run rampant as it is the case right now.
It seems to me that to fight corruption can only be that you need to destroy not bribes, and the reason prompted the man to bribe. In another corruption not to win.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: