Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:55:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Altcoin Traders Wanted] Starting a private Slack channel for traders  (Read 715 times)
Xosihc (OP)

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:19:30 AM

I originally started this post under Economy > Trading Discussion but figured this would also be an acceptable place to post my request. The original thread can be seen here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1782438.0

Hello,

First of all - thanks for checking out this thread. I'm not sure whether this will gain any traction but as the title of this thread would suggest I am starting a new private Slack channel to collaborate with other professional altcoin traders who would enjoy the group-think atmosphere Slack provides. Please note this is not any type of investment group/club.  The purpose of this channel is to connect with other traders and share information/research.

I myself am a professional trader. I am pretty much on poloniex.com 24/7 and oversee my own money as well as some family/friends. My background is in finance - I love talking both altcoins and finance in general whether that's the stock market or general economics. I am looking for other like minded individuals who simply want a place to hang out.

If you are interested please PM with any qualifications you wish to share. While I don't have any set parameters on what makes an individual qualified, I do want to maintain a high level of professionalism in the Slack channel. If you have any questions - please feel free to leave them here.

- X

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:31:04 AM

hi mate, im just curios about this matter so basically you are looking for someone who really understand how trading works? is this also open for those maybe not so newbie but already taking chances inside trading industry which is also looking for some more educational helps to learn more about tradings? if you permit me i would like to be invited inside your slack. thanks,.
andrew2k

Activity: 417
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:42:32 AM

I'm not a professional but I'm interested in economy and Altcoin trading. A professional Slack channel for this would be needed or better make a slack but with two channels one for only professional talk and one for trollbox like chatting and maybe it will work out nicely.
Xosihc (OP)

Hello

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:25:22 PM

hi mate, im just curios about this matter so basically you are looking for someone who really understand how trading works? is this also open for those maybe not so newbie but already taking chances inside trading industry which is also looking for some more educational helps to learn more about tradings? if you permit me i would like to be invited inside your slack. thanks,.

Well more than anything I'm just looking for some fellow traders who are interested in staying in touch. Perhaps share ideas, news, trading tips (for what they are worth). It's not so much that you need to have a full understanding of technical analysis and break down a bunch of trading indicators.

On the same note what I want to prevent is inviting 300 people to the point where it just becomes another trollbox full of spammy people saying "buy <insert random coin>" with no justification or reasoning other than they are holding it. There are enough places on the internet where people can cheerlead their coins.

In my actual hometown I belong to a group that meets on a weekly basis to discuss investing, like an investment club. Everyone is kind of doing their own thing but once a week we come together and share our ideas and discuss investing in general. I was looking for something similar to that but in the crypto space.

Does that answer it? And sure - PM an e-mail and I'll send an invite.
Xosihc (OP)

Hello

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:26:07 PM

I'm not a professional but I'm interested in economy and Altcoin trading. A professional Slack channel for this would be needed or better make a slack but with two channels one for only professional talk and one for trollbox like chatting and maybe it will work out nicely.

I do like the two channel idea. PM an e-mail and I'll shoot you an invite.
Rockie1234

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 03:18:36 PM

I originally started this post under Economy > Trading Discussion but figured this would also be an acceptable place to post my request. The original thread can be seen here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1782438.0

Hello,

First of all - thanks for checking out this thread. I'm not sure whether this will gain any traction but as the title of this thread would suggest I am starting a new private Slack channel to collaborate with other professional altcoin traders who would enjoy the group-think atmosphere Slack provides. Please note this is not any type of investment group/club.  The purpose of this channel is to connect with other traders and share information/research.

I myself am a professional trader. I am pretty much on poloniex.com 24/7 and oversee my own money as well as some family/friends. My background is in finance - I love talking both altcoins and finance in general whether that's the stock market or general economics. I am looking for other like minded individuals who simply want a place to hang out.

If you are interested please PM with any qualifications you wish to share. While I don't have any set parameters on what makes an individual qualified, I do want to maintain a high level of professionalism in the Slack channel. If you have any questions - please feel free to leave them here.

- X

I'm not that interested in joining the group, but I'd love to ask you some questions. I hear about people saying that they trade on this forum a lot, but you don't come across many professionals. If you don't mind me asking, how well does this job pay you? Just the other day I was saying how you need to invets heavily to make a profit, and here you are doing it as your job! Also, do you trade based mainly on trends (technical analysis etc) or by looking at the communities and news?
Xosihc (OP)

Hello

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 02:08:38 AM

Hey,

Sorry to take a couple days getting back to you. I thought the thread had died based on the lack of engagement.

I'm not that interested in joining the group, but I'd love to ask you some questions. I hear about people saying that they trade on this forum a lot, but you don't come across many professionals. If you don't mind me asking, how well does this job pay you? Just the other day I was saying how you need to invets heavily to make a profit, and here you are doing it as your job! Also, do you trade based mainly on trends (technical analysis etc) or by looking at the communities and news?

Hey, sorry to take a couple days to get back to you. I thought this thread had died. I'm going to PM you to follow-up.
BitWhale

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 04:21:00 AM

I personally would love a private trollbox.
Xosihc (OP)

Hello

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:49:26 PM

I just wanted to dust this post off and say to anyone else out there I finally got around to opening this slack channel for trading. There are about 10 of us right now in the channel and I'm happy to continue inviting more if there are any more people out there interested.

The basics of the channels is just to casually talk about what coins we're all investing in and lettings others know about what's going on in the crypto markets. This is not a channel to be used to simply broadcast a coin you are backing - it's more general trading.

Anyway, PM me if you're interested in an invite.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: