Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:42:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After the usual PBOC bullshit routine. Uptrend continues.  (Read 2248 times)
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 12:42:13 AM

two things

a) another lesson why it is bad to have money on an exchange...I wish there was a way of hedging BTC against fiat without trusting the money to a third party

b) it is not a coincidence that this happens now. Every time BTC goes over $1000, PBOC is interfering. Obviously they do not wish BTC to be more than $1000 permanently.

for sure those exchanges will now bully users using the frozen funds....  Sad

Truth is the new hatespeech.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 02:22:36 AM

two things

a) another lesson why it is bad to have money on an exchange...I wish there was a way of hedging BTC against fiat without trusting the money to a third party

b) it is not a coincidence that this happens now. Every time BTC goes over $1000, PBOC is interfering. Obviously they do not wish BTC to be more than $1000 permanently.

Yeah, thats their signature move. Scaring bitcoin noobs from spreading FUDs that will cause panic sell that will be a chain reaction that will cause massive impact on bitcoin's price
But atleast now we learned from our mistakes. Bitcoin users cant be easily fooled now. We are at $970+ and starting to move again. I guess only few are believing this PBOC crap.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:35:10 AM

two things

Yeah, thats their signature move. Scaring bitcoin noobs from spreading FUDs that will cause panic sell that will be a chain reaction that will cause massive impact on bitcoin's price
But atleast now we learned from our mistakes. Bitcoin users cant be easily fooled now. We are at $970+ and starting to move again. I guess only few are believing this PBOC crap.

This will be tiresome, to read about "PBoC crap" over and over, again and again since it isn't even the truth.
According to this report it was "self-discipline" to block customer's funds, NOT the goverment pressing. And in an update to the article Huobi isn't even affected from any blockade, at all. Nor is OKCoin if you don't use the .cn domain to access them.
In statements provided to CoinDesk, Huobi indicated that the move was a proactive one that found the two exchanges seeking to "promote bitcoin industry self-discipline".
http://www.coindesk.com/two-chinas-biggest-exchanges-stop-bitcoin-withdrawals/
The information situation seems highly misleading and constantly on the move.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:31:08 PM

two things

The only way we could have money in a broker to take advantage of quick price movements its through some sort new decentralized technology. Bitsquare.io is not what we want, that is a marketplace. We need a poloniex replacement in a decentralized way.

I think until lightning network is operative, such technologies will not be possible. We would also need segwit.

Until then, it's time to buy and hold on our cold wallets, it's not worth having any BTC in exchanges for any relevant amounts of time.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 07:40:11 PM

The only way we could have money in a broker to take advantage of quick price movements its through some sort new decentralized technology. Bitsquare.io is not what we want, that is a marketplace. We need a poloniex replacement in a decentralized way.

I think until lightning network is operative, such technologies will not be possible. We would also need segwit.

Until then, it's time to buy and hold on our cold wallets, it's not worth having any BTC in exchanges for any relevant amounts of time.

You could add ShapeShift.io onto your shortlist. There are several options for the weary, but be afraid of higher spreads in their orderbooks. Only a full-scale tradeside can offer lower slippage for exchange services.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: