Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:21:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to get knowledge about vbois  (Read 324 times)
cehfida (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 10:19:01 PM

Hello guys i am newbies in mining field i bought my miners hardware and assembled from my friend whose give me miners with 5 GPUs in which have graphic card of xfx 480.
Yet i have not get any problem.But today i was visited on one forum where people was requesting about vbois firmware.Basically in this post i want to know what is vbois.and why? when? where? we would need it. guys explain me must about it.

can we increase the gpus hash power from new vbois ?
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eretron

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 01:06:22 AM

Damn, thats a bit too much Cheesy

In short.

vBIOS is a BIOS for a Graphics card, basically it holds information's about clock speed, voltages and some other stuff regarding GPU operation.

One can adjust those values, so the GPU could perform faster, similar to overclocking CPU?

Why? Because you can increase hash rates, and/or lower power consumption of the hardware.

It's not plug and play, so... google it, read about it, and eventually try it yourself if you want, but bare in mind that you can damage your hardware, brick your card or lose warranty...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: