Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:09:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction Fee Limbo (Solution?) *Paying*  (Read 778 times)
MyCreationRoom (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 01:32:55 AM

Hello,
I am somewhat new to bitcoin and tried to make a payment but set my transaction fee to 0  (0.00001). I later realized that that this means I may never get my payment processed and at the very least it will take a long time. I am trying to see if there is a solution to this as I need to make this payment and am willing to pay to have this block processed. The transaction ID is https://blockchain.info/tx/c52274d918e6afe3472e20c0a509eb922706b3a76c47311d8b7fe2bc696fedcd. I hope this helps describe my issue. If you have any solutions or miners willing to let me pay them to process this please tell me.
Thank you for your time!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 04:02:04 AM

You have a few options here. You can wait and hope it confirms, wait for the transaction to be "forgotten" by the network, attempt a double spending transaction that pays a higher fee, or ask a miner to confirm it for you.

For the third option, we need to know what wallet software you are using.

For the fourth option, you can contact the users Quickseller and macbook-air. You can also try using https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/ to "accelerate" your transaction.

MyCreationRoom (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 01:13:23 PM

You have a few options here. You can wait and hope it confirms, wait for the transaction to be "forgotten" by the network, attempt a double spending transaction that pays a higher fee, or ask a miner to confirm it for you.

For the third option, we need to know what wallet software you are using.

For the fourth option, you can contact the users Quickseller and macbook-air. You can also try using https://www.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/ to "accelerate" your transaction.
1. I would rather not wait
2. I assume this also would take a lot of time
3. Can you explain this further it may be the best option. I use electrum.
4. I tried this but I got an error, not a large enough transaction fee.

Thank you!
achow101
Legendary

Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 02:29:37 PM

You need to be able to delete transactions from the wallet or clear all unconfirmed transactions. Unfortunately, I don't think Electrum has this functionality, so you won't be able to do this without jumping through a lot of hoops.

Try contacting the two users I linked, not just using that link.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Merit: 4615

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 03:28:06 PM

For the fourth option, you can contact the users Quickseller and macbook-air.

What achow101 implied, but didn't explain, is that both Quickseller and macbook-air are users here on this forum that have direct access to a large mining pool.  As such, they have the ability to control which transactions that pool confirms.  If you ask them, then one of them may be willing to have the mining pool confirm your transaction for you in the very next block the pool solves.  They may request a small payment from you for this service.
MyCreationRoom (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 07:51:42 PM

You need to be able to delete transactions from the wallet or clear all unconfirmed transactions. Unfortunately, I don't think Electrum has this functionality, so you won't be able to do this without jumping through a lot of hoops.

Too bad electrum will not work. Thank you for the information I will do what I can.
MyCreationRoom (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:21:20 PM

What achow101 implied, but didn't explain, is that both Quickseller and macbook-air are users here on this forum that have direct access to a large mining pool.  As such, they have the ability to control which transactions that pool confirms.  If you ask them, then one of them may be willing to have the mining pool confirm your transaction for you in the very next block the pool solves.  They may request a small payment from you for this service.
Thank you for this information and for explaining further. I will contact them in a few hours as I am currently working. In the mean time do you know what information they may need to process the specific transaction, so I can have it ready for them and they don't have to wait for information?
Thank you!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:41:30 PM

Thank you for this information and for explaining further. I will contact them in a few hours as I am currently working. In the mean time do you know what information they may need to process the specific transaction, so I can have it ready for them and they don't have to wait for information?
Thank you!

They will need the transaction ID.

They may require you to send a small bitcoin payment to cover the difference between the fee that you did pay and the fee that you should have paid for fast confirmation.
MyCreationRoom (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:15:59 PM

Thank you!

They will need the transaction ID.

They may require you to send a small bitcoin payment to cover the difference between the fee that you did pay and the fee that you should have paid for fast confirmation.

Thank you for all of the help! I will contact them and likely pay more than the fee anyways. What is your bitcoin address? I will also send you a tip for the help. (It won't be much but I hope it will be appreciated).
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:42:14 PM

I'm happy to help. No tip needed.  If you really want to do something to show your appreciation, then help others when you can, and actively look for (and use) places that you can spend your bitcoins in everyday life.  This will build the demand and awareness of bitcoin and will increase the value of the bitcoin I already hold much more than any tip you would ever consider sending.

Not sure where you are located, but just some of the places here in the U.S. that you can use your bitcoins are: NewEgg.com, overstock.com, dish.com, and many restaurants that use menufy.com
MyCreationRoom (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:11:14 PM

I'm happy to help. No tip needed.  If you really want to do something to show your appreciation, then help others when you can, and actively look for (and use) places that you can spend your bitcoins in everyday life.  This will build the demand and awareness of bitcoin and will increase the value of the bitcoin I already hold much more than any tip you would ever consider sending.

Not sure where you are located, but just some of the places here in the U.S. that you can use your bitcoins are: NewEgg.com, overstock.com, dish.com, and many restaurants that use menufy.com

I understand thank you for your kindness and good luck on your endeavors. I will continue to use bitcoin and hope to spread the wealth. Your civility is much appreciated and is the basis of an ideal individual.

Thank you again.

(this issue has been resolved)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: