Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:03:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mt.Gox and verified status  (Read 949 times)
Templeton

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:36:25 PM

Personally, I barely trust MtGox w/ my BTC (i'm only there for trading because MTGOX is the market with the most liquidity).  If you're trying to cash out of BTC and you don't want to give your personal info to anyone, might i suggest SPENDING your BTC rather than converting it to fiat.  Spending them would not only let you avoid the necessity of giving up your info, it would also help the BTC community by using it for actual trade thereby reenforcing its utility as a currency.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rmbc (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:45:52 PM

Personally, I barely trust MtGox w/ my BTC (i'm only there for trading because MTGOX is the market with the most liquidity).  If you're trying to cash out of BTC and you don't want to give your personal info to anyone, might i suggest SPENDING your BTC rather than converting it to fiat.  Spending them would not only let you avoid the necessity of giving up your info, it would also help the BTC community by using it for actual trade thereby reenforcing its utility as a currency.

Fully agree with that, at this point that's pretty much what I plan to do with my remaining coins (those not stuck in mtGox anyway)
the market has matured very nicely in the past years so there is plenty of choice now.

I doesn't solve my mtgox woes though. there is (for me) a sizeable amount left there. I got too exited when the price went +100 Cry
rmbc (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:57:25 PM

So as it turns out, mt gox support refuses to provide any answers.  Sad
All they do is use (probably standard) replies referring me to their verification process.

I guess to get real answers I'd have to sue ? which seems excessive.
Has anyone gone down that route ? being in the EU myself it's probably easier to go via the french owner ?

In any case: word of warning to anyone considering using mtgox: become verified before putting any money or coins in there !
If you're not, they can use that as justification to freeze your account at any time. no other reason required, no way to unfreeze it without.
hopelessinvestor

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 11:11:19 PM

Currently waiting to be verified before I trade with them. I do feel sketched about giving them my full identity in the fear that it may be intercepted. But i currently have full identity theft protection under my name. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: