Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:03:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi might be mentally derranged  (Read 7822 times)
amincd

Activity: 772
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:41:10 AM

Isn't it possible that he is working on something more important than bitcoin now?

No.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:42:48 AM

Isn't it possible that he is working on something more important than bitcoin now?

like headhunted to an agency?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:50:27 AM

No.

ah well in that case

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:00:01 AM

You know, Satoshi's mind about how these things should come together would provide great incites for the project here.
Challenges:
1) How to prune the blockchain correctly
2) What to do about centralized trading houses (ideas for a decentralize exchange)
3) Suggestions for improving Bitcoin PR
1. Develop further the new LevelDB structure. Pruning option will be there soon.
2. Opensource MtGox. Open more MtGoatse clones. At least dozens.
3. This thing is perfect, don't fuck with it! If it works don't fix it!

And what if Satoshi really returns and seriously fucks something?

Who is this fucking guy to put so much time and effort into building something so well thought out and engineered to such detail, and then to fucking disappear and not even put up an occasional post with suggestions to improve the project?
Original client was not perfect. It have well above average quality but occasional bugs have been found and numerous improvements made. The protocol values however are spot on. We might never know what other values he experimented with before genesis block launch.
I'm starting to think that Satoshi may have been mentally unstable.  Working anonymously ---> paranoid.  Not checking in ---> greatly disturbed that things went in a direction he didn't anticipate and so he goes 'fuck it!'.
He might be reasonably paranoid because everybody knows the international arms trafficker Phil Zimmerman.
I think this fucking nut might have just deleted all those early coins he mined in a fit of rage, seriously, starting to think this.
LOOL I want to see him raging and deleting wallet.dat! But according to Satoshi himself there is no need to ever delete private key. It is very likely he have the coins. He just don't care about cashing them out.
Many of those early guys just didn't think anything would come of it and deleted the client & wallet.
I know someone who was in bitcoins before me and he managed to find 3 blocks with 150 BTC total. He deleted the wallet and client because he did not care about it. Now he is on brink of sodomizing himself with TV remote every time I mention Bitcoin. This story is true with many early miners.
I think the guy just trashed his wallet file in anger/paranoia that there would be some kind of backlash when they had wikileaks accept BTC.  He put up that paranoid post about how it would attract all the wrong attention and then bailed.
Deleting the wallet does nothing. I keep all my logs and screenshots in very secure encrypted form. Wikileaks is one of greatest sites that ever existed on WWW. I doubt that cypherphunk like him would be discomfortable about Wikileaks accepting BTC.
Its either this or he suddenly died without leaving instructions to loved ones for taking procession of the coins.
He might be here under different nickname. His exit as Satoshi was planned.
May be he just a one of CIA agents, than he combine crypto hobby with his original job, plus create by government request a wonderful meme "Satoshi".
May be he just a one of CIA agents, than he combine crypto hobby with his original job, plus create by government request a wonderful meme "Satoshi".
Tinfoil hat on: Satoshi might be ratted out by Gavin. It is well known that Gavin accepted CIA money and offer to visit them. Accepting money from spy agency is exactly the same as picking up soap in prison shower. Probably Gavin have not read books how secret services operate all over world.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
gollum

Activity: 434

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:04:35 AM

Im curious why the early adaptors of Bitcoin accepted Satoshis original blockchain instead of creating a new blockchain where everyone could start to mine from the first coin? Or were the earliest adaptors friends of Satoshi?
b¡tco¡n

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Correct Horse Battery Staple

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:14:33 AM

Im curious why the early adaptors of Bitcoin accepted Satoshis original blockchain instead of creating a new blockchain where everyone could start to mine from the first coin? Or were the earliest adaptors friends of Satoshi?

The first block can not be spent.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Genesis_block

1GiB1jQnqjwmNW4U4i8autnnVb1fG8HTYM

This would be my avitar; http://s9.postimg.org/m2pzsiy57/avi.png
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:15:57 AM

Genesis block is hardcoded. Not everybody can change that in the source and recompile. Thomas Nasikioto could do that and it resulted in ixcoin. The same with Litecoin. In addition Litecoin changed hashing algo tho less known and potentially weaker Scrypt to appeal petential miners as well as implementing faster but less safe confirms as a marketing trick.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
MashRinx

Activity: 389

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:17:28 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2013, 01:32:16 AM by MashRinx

Does it really matter if Satoshi is not mentally well? What difference does that make?

Just speculating.  I'm just amazed by the permanent departure.  We could use the guy right about now.

Personally, I don't think he/they went anywhere.  The figure of Satoshi may have left, but I can't imagine that they don't keep up on things, if not through this forum, through contact at least some of the current developers.  I can't imagine someone would create this and just walk away in some "best of luck to you, my children" moment.  There's too much invested in it, and I'm not talking just financially invested although that's obviously part of it, but that's been a much more recent event given the longer history of the experiment.

And hopefully they have taken at least some profits.  They deserve them.
gollum

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:31:03 AM

Satoshi actually deserves the Nobel Price of Economics since Bitcoin could potentially lead to a more efficient market economy.
Twerka

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:37:14 AM

Satoshi actually deserves the Nobel Price of Economics since Bitcoin could potentially lead to a more efficient market economy.

Or make us all slaves. We still don't know what is going on with BTC.

The worst enemy of Bitcoin is Mt.Gox exchange.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:42:59 AM

If you use Central Bank fiat you are already a slave ... worse case scenario bitcoin makes it a question of "who's ya massa?".

Best case, it is a grand experiment in possible benefits to humanity from the efficiency of free markets.

gollum

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:46:08 AM

If you use Central Bank fiat you are already a slave ... worse case scenario bitcoin makes it a question of "who's ya massa?".

Best case, it is a grand experiment in possible benefits to humanity from the efficiency of free markets.

If we create an exchange platform where everything can be traded, we wont need fiat in the long term - we could use gold vs bitcoin as a measure of Bitcoins true value.
Winner: Gold and Bitcoin, Loser: Paper money.
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:12:44 AM

(Satoshi) might have just deleted all those early coins he mined in a fit of rage

What would be wrong with that?

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
doobadoo (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:21:32 AM

Gavin picking up the torch is actually just as bold a move. The fact that he is one of the early core developers, though not the inventor, makes little difference if there ever is crackdown on Bitcoin itself.
Gavin will not get into any legal trouble at all for being the lead dev.  All he's doing is publishing software.  Now if he's mining too and they somehow single him out for that, diff story.
So If Satoshi had the intent of gaining personally from Bitcoin big time, the whole motivation for creating Bitcoin in the first place, was a lie and he is nothing more than a con artist. If he ever spends them, history will question his original motives. His only option is to give them away as a gift!

Why not, why shouldn't he get stinking rich if this really takes off and betters humanity.  He created wealth and opportunity and deserves to share in it.

Why don't you consider him trying to do both in one stroke.  This is Satoshi we're talking about!  He saw a way to greatly better man, and in doing so created a huge fortune for himself.  Its not stinking rich when you've earned.  He'll be the richest man in the world, and honestly so!

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:23:11 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2013, 03:50:22 AM by moni3z

Given that he's a master of subterfuge how do you know he's not currently working on the source code now just under a different identity ٩๏̯͡๏)۶
TimJBenham

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:30:22 AM

Another piece of evidence for his abnormal state of mind is his failure to patent his invention. Actually we don't know that, he may have filed a stealth patent and be waiting for Bitcoin to get really big before claiming license fees.

You are a warlord in the outskirts of the known world struggling to establish a kingdom in the wild lands.
doobadoo (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:36:19 AM

Maybe he felt the community had forsaken him when they betrayed Bitcoin by putting on the map too soon.  It was like when Jesus walked in the Temple and saw all the gambling and swindling.  He blew his lid, and killed off the Satoshi identity.  Its like as if we crucified him.  He died for our crypto-sins.  He really is the Crypto-Jesus!

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:41:06 AM

+1 for satoshi as emperor of space time

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Anonymouss

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:31:27 AM

He read this post and would like to inform you he is watching you.
coastermonger

Activity: 367

Find me at Bitrated

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:54:38 AM

He even knows Satoshi's e-mail

Well anyone can see Satoshi's e-mail.  It used to be located at the bottom of the bitcoin.org page in 2009 and can be viewed with the webarchive tool here http://web.archive.org/web/20090303195936/http://bitcoin.org/

Now, whether or not he'll respond is another question  Roll Eyes

Bitrated user: Rees.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: