Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 10:10:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not receiving email notifications from Bitcointalk forums/topics  (Read 607 times)
DesertDuke (OP)

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 05:52:45 AM

Hello all,

I have turned on the 'notify' button on several bitcointalk forums/topics and started receiving emails to my gmail address as new posts were added, this worked fine for several days but now I am receiving hardly any emails even though some of the topics have regular posts throughout the day. There is nothing going to SPAM and my emails are not forwarded so what is the problem and what can I do about it ? Any suggestions ?

DD

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Nathan047

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 05:02:51 PM

I was having this issue, then I changed email providers from GMX to Gmail and I started getting them. Perhaps it's your email provider?

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
DesertDuke (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 05:09:59 PM

I was having this issue, then I changed email providers from GMX to Gmail and I started getting them. Perhaps it's your email provider?

Thanks for the info, I am already using Gmail so not sure if it solves my issue, but thanks anyway, DD

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 08:17:31 PM

If you have asked for notifications of a particular thread, you'll receive only 1 email alerting you of a new message posted on that THREAD while you are away from the forum. The moment you login or visit the forum/the thread, you'll again receive notifications when new posts are made on that thread.

Same is the case with FORUM section notifications. You'll get notified about a new thread created in that section only once and till you don't visit that section again, you won't receive the next notification.

Hope this helps.

DesertDuke (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:25:31 AM

If you have asked for notifications of a particular thread, you'll receive only 1 email alerting you of a new message posted on that THREAD while you are away from the forum. The moment you login or visit the forum/the thread, you'll again receive notifications when new posts are made on that thread.

Same is the case with FORUM section notifications. You'll get notified about a new thread created in that section only once and till you don't visit that section again, you won't receive the next notification.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot ! that explanation does seem to fit the 'randomness' of the emails I was receiving, I am permanently logged in to Bitcointalk and so I will just re-visit each thread in order to receive more email notifications., or alternatively log out and log in again.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2348

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:58:51 AM

Check your settings on Profile --> Notifications and Email

If you have Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply checked then you will only receive one notification per thread until you read that thread.

If you have For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of set to "nothing at all" then  you probably will not get any notifications.
DesertDuke (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 08:31:32 AM

Check your settings on Profile --> Notifications and Email

If you have Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply checked then you will only receive one notification per thread until you read that thread.

If you have For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of set to "nothing at all" then  you probably will not get any notifications.

Thanks for pointing that out, I will try those options, regards DD

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: