Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:43:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlie Lee: Mining pool are trying to force the devs to hard fork  (Read 1150 times)
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 08:14:22 AM

Charlie is bored of the politics happening in bitcoin community and wants to stay out of it.

16. I heard there are rumours that mining pools are trying to force the developers to make a hard fork. Is there any truth to that?
Charlie Lee:
Yes, there’s truth to that. Some pools are bringing Bitcoin politics into Litecoin and wants to have Litecoin set an example for Bitcoin. I am not playing that game. Leave Bitcoin politicis out of Litecoin. If you don’t have Litecoin’s best interest in mind, I have no interest in talking to you.

http://news.8btc.com/charlie-lee-amamining-pools-are-trying-to-force-the-developers-to-make-a-hard-fork

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:25:01 AM

That is the biggest issue why miners doesnt give out enough consensus due to this reasons. I dont thing hardfork is the best solution both for bitcoin and litecoin. If there are any possible ways to increase the blocksize in bitcoin rather than hardforking then it is good to go. As to litecoin, it is already a good coin without issues at all and thats why I agree to Charlie Lee that mining pools should just leave Litecoin alone.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:27:06 AM

After reading the article, it certainly looks like the Group promoting Segwit has paid Charlie Lee off to support LN and the Counterfeiting that will go along with it.
Shame , Shame Charlie.   Tongue

Exactly how do you Counterfeit LTC on LN.

Form a group of collusion between the Miners that control 51%,
Send 5000 LTC to an address. Now follow the steps on LN to Lock up that 5000 LTC on the Blockchain.
Whether LN requires 1 or 6 confirmations , as soon as LN confirms the representation of LN notes match your amount.
You and your colluding friends, rewrite the blockchain and include a transaction moving that 5000 LTC to another address before the lock took place.
You now still have your 5000 LTC Free & Clear Onchain, and a representation value of 5000 LTC Offchain on LN .(Which you can use for LN transactions forever.)

LTC Onchain Transactions does not allow Counterfeiting , LN Offchain Transactions will bring Counterfeiting into Crypto

Cool

FYI:
Odds are high the PoW Miners Block Segwit on LTC also.
No one wants Segwit or the counterfeiting it will bring to crypto.

FYI2:
Combined the Chinese Mining Pools control more than 51% of BTC & LTC.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 11:57:25 AM

I read carefully the answers and views of Lee had given and I would like to ask your opinion of the following,

1. It seems to me that bitcoin miners keep a wait and see policy because they want to see what would be happened if LTC segwit is activated.
2. It seems strange to me that Lee said about some pools are forcing bitcoin devs for hardfork. If the profit is the main incentive for miners what is the meaning to do a hardfork with bigger blocksize? Of course every block will have more transactions but with lower fees so the sum after every block mining will be the same more or less but hardfork is more dangerous than soft one(speaking about the reputation and price of the coin). So, why Lee told something like that? In addition, why bitcoin miners want hardfork solution, given that anything told Lee is truth? Or he has any political or financial motivation?
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1620

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 04:13:11 AM

I read carefully the answers and views of Lee had given and I would like to ask your opinion of the following,

1. It seems to me that bitcoin miners keep a wait and see policy because they want to see what would be happened if LTC segwit is activated.
2. It seems strange to me that Lee said about some pools are forcing bitcoin devs for hardfork. If the profit is the main incentive for miners what is the meaning to do a hardfork with bigger blocksize? Of course every block will have more transactions but with lower fees so the sum after every block mining will be the same more or less but hardfork is more dangerous than soft one(speaking about the reputation and price of the coin). So, why Lee told something like that? In addition, why bitcoin miners want hardfork solution, given that anything told Lee is truth? Or he has any political or financial motivation?

Here is HSL's take on the AMA.  Jiang Zhuo'er said that LTC devs had asked miners to accept 2% donation to LTC devs. The plan was hard-coded the receiving address into the client. But consensus was not reached.

http://www.8btc.com/ltc_ama

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 04:28:14 AM

miners are not trying to force the devs to hard fork(the empty word people use to make people think its about splits)

SMART PEOPLE of the community just want PROPER CONSENSUS

please dont assume hark fork = split

in both a hard and soft situation there are three subcategories

softfork: consensus - >94% pools no banning/ignoring of minority. result: small 5% orphan drama then one chain. minority unsynced and dead
softfork: controversial - >50% pools no banning/ignoring of minority. result: long big% orphan drama then one chain. minority unsynced and dead
softfork: bilateral - intentionally ignoring/banning opposing rules and not including them. result: 2 chains

hardfork: consensus - >94% nodes, then >94% pools no banning/ignoring of minority. result: 5% orphan drama then one chain. minority unsynced / dead
hardfork: controversial - >50% nodes, then >50% pools no banning/ignoring of minority. result: big% orphan drama then one chain. minority unsynced / dead
hardfork: bilateral - intentionally ignoring/banning opposing rules and not including them. result: 2 chains

when reading hard fork or soft fork. do not automatically assume best case for soft, worst case for hard.

the truth is much simpler

soft.. pool votes nodes dont.
hard.. nodes vote then pools.

and the smart community want CONSENSUS not bilateral

real funny part. is charlie lee. pretends to not want to get involved. yet is getting involved by following orders from his brother (bobby lee:BTCC) which is a strong advocate of blockstream due to the partnership and funding blockstream and btcc get from the same guy (barry silbert: DGC)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 05:52:31 PM

real funny part. is charlie lee. pretends to not want to get involved. yet is getting involved by following orders from his brother (bobby lee:BTCC) which is a strong advocate of blockstream due to the partnership and funding blockstream and btcc get from the same guy (barry silbert: DGC)
Just more Chinese corruption.  It's in their blood. 

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:35:42 PM

Just more Chinese corruption.  It's in their blood.  

your fooling yourself.

its the yanks pointing in the direction of the chinese.

behind BTCC is a yank (both of the lee's are being paid by american investors)
the yanks are pulling on the chinese strings.
if things go wrong blame the chinese. if things go right the yanks take the glory

while they have you distracted looking at bob and chuck. your not looking at the puppeteer in america pulling all the strings of blockstream AND the pools.

all while the puppeteer is getting its grip on bitcoin to play out its little tale while the bankers grow hyperledger

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: