Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2017, 07:09:50 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [C# / .NET] Unofficial Bitcointalk API - Get info from boards, topics and posts  (Read 2357 times)
mprep
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 1638

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 05:45:38 PM

A while ago I made a few personal utilities that required at least a somewhat streamlined API for fetching Bitcointalk posts. After a bit of refractoring, small corrections to the code and a bunch of added comments, I present you:

The Unofficial Bitcointalk API v0.51

Features:
  • Fetch topics from board pages and posts from topic pages or the "Recent Posts" page.
  • Get post's message*, URL, title, number in topic, creation date, author's username and profile link.
  • Quickly fetch post messages from the entire topic (other data will require additional fetching).
  • Fully commented code for developing extensions / different versions.

The message is stripped of code fields, quotes, images, links (as in URLs), smileys (replaced with a selected string) and new lines / line breaks. Feel free to create your own modification or express your interest here and I might implement it.

Installation instructions, examples and licensing info:

See the project's readme: https://github.com/mprep-btc/Unofficial-Bitcointalk-API

Donations are welcome: 1mprepxqZeK7LcRYEz84DVJKCvF8CQ8gu

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.