Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:17:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitPay Visa - Why I Love It  (Read 2840 times)
Tomashta

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 03:26:45 AM

I agree with  above with other members the idea of bitcoin debit are  a good idea and a easy way to get hold of you funds but like a few site they want id to get the card that to take the main point of bitcoin out the window bitcoin ment to be an anonymous currency. With them having your id then your annomise goes out the window.
there is a couple of card that are annoymouse
I would stick to them if you what you bitcoin in a card format

I believe in privacy and anonymity.  Anonymity was not the "whole point" of BTC, it was just a great optional feature.  I say optional because is you make it.  It can be anonymous if that's your desired end result.  Or you can choose to attach your name to an addy and submit docs... It goes both ways.  Options are great.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tomashta

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 03:34:10 AM

Well the dormancy fee isn't quite so bad... Anyway I got a question. When you put your money on this card does it work like a wallet and you can withdraw your BTC if you change your mind for example or when I put my BTC to the cardI can only withdraw on ATM ?

This is an awesome question!  I'd like to know this too as I'm still waiting for my card to arrive.  I'll do some research and reply back when I have an answer.  Maybe someone else here already knows it?
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 04:03:10 PM

Well the dormancy fee isn't quite so bad... Anyway I got a question. When you put your money on this card does it work like a wallet and you can withdraw your BTC if you change your mind for example or when I put my BTC to the cardI can only withdraw on ATM ?

This is an awesome question!  I'd like to know this too as I'm still waiting for my card to arrive.  I'll do some research and reply back when I have an answer.  Maybe someone else here already knows it?
"After you load funds to your BitPay Prepaid Visa® Card the value will remain in US dollars." from faq (https://bitpay.com/card/faq) i think it means one can't do usd to btc conversion or am i wrong?
Can't get a card for myself because ain't available here, i will apply for a card once it's available in my country.  Smiley
Bibite

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:09:29 PM

Sadly BitPay Visa is only for US citizen so a big no for me. But after all no problem, there are plenty of others providers with the same features and limits. when you compare with others they all have more or less the same fees ect. So i gone at other place. No idea why they limit to only americans people.
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:40:25 PM

If you've spent any time looking for prepaid Bitcoin debit cards, you know that there are many different options out there. Some are Bitcoin-only, others accept altcoins, and some are based on specific countries. After evaluating the various options, I was looking for two things:

1) Low fees (or none) for converting BTC/depositing to the card
and
2) No dormancy fees

#2 was mainly because I likely won't be using it often, and think it's a little ridiculous to charge people just to even have an account, whether it's used or not. On top of this, some implementations will put your account into the negatives if you already have a zero balance!

BitPay fit both of these, with no fees for depositing BTC (you can see the conversion rate on their exchange chart), as well as zero fees for holding the card. On top of this, they are one of the cheaper options, coming in at under $10 for a card. To see the full fee schedule, check it out here.

Some key features that I especially like are:

*Purchase Limits $10,000/DAY
*Cash Withdrawal Limits $3,000/DAY
*$750/TRAN
*Load Limit $10,000/DAY
*Maximum Card Balance $25,000
*Card to Card Transfer Limit $500/DAY

For pretty much all of us, this is more than good enough.

After deciding this was absolutely the path I wanted to take, it was time to set up an account. A fast and easy process, it does require personal information (as per KYC/AML), but no more than necessary. Once you've signed up, you're taken to the payment page, which shows exactly what to send in, and it's confirmed after you send the funds.

There is a little confusion after, since you don't technically have an account yet -- you make one when you get the card. And the card itself comes in a nondescript envelope, much like a credit card or other debit card would.

After receiving the card (mine took about a week), you set up your account and you're ready to roll. You can send funds through the site (using the BTC address) or use the BitPay wallet to do so. Here, you can send based on how much USD you want credited OR send x BTC and it will convert for you, so there are options there. And you can view your live balance within the BitPay wallet at any time. Confirmation comes quickly, and you're ready to spend your coin! And because it is attached to your identity, you can use all services (even things like PayPal, for example).

I mainly wanted to share this because the process was much easier than I expected it to be, it's a lot more full-featured, and it's the best option I've seen for those in the West. The lack of account fees (just for holding a card), cheap card cost, and no fees for depositing BTC are HUGE. I love when companies do things well, and I wish BitPay a long and happy life, Smiley.

I'm actually got interested to BitPay when I used it in one of my purchase online. They are the payment provider for that site. I researched about it and stumbled upon their card. It looks promising from the details that you provided but unfortunately, my country is not eligible to have these type of card. As you may have known, this is for US-resident only and that's a bummer. I would love to use this card but the restrictions are hindering me for using it. Hopefully, they'll add more countries in their serviceable area and that'll definitely attract more customers.
K128kevin2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 01:00:55 PM

It's a shame that BitPay only allow US residents a card.

A while ago I saw a company that did something similar (Bitcoin credit cards) and it was based in the UK. Does anybody know which it was?
positivezero

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 05:57:59 AM

i dont use bitpay Visa also, because it is not allowed here in our country and not supported by the government. Also im a not US citizen, so maybe only US citizen can give some information about bitpay visa if they love to used it or not, but nothing to worry since there are many like this that will provide the needs of the users and features of it.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:05:30 AM

Anyone knows if you can add the card to your PayPal account and withdraw funds from there? I know it's possible with Xapo card and others (since they are all Visa cards) but just wondering if this is possible in BitPay.
ranlo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:12:31 AM

Anyone knows if you can add the card to your PayPal account and withdraw funds from there? I know it's possible with Xapo card and others (since they are all Visa cards) but just wondering if this is possible in BitPay.

Not entirely sure about this. I do know you can use it on PayPal sites though. Just not sure how withdrawing and PayPal tie together.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
redditarco

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:18:42 PM

hello, I can see my wallet but cant attach it to card any ideas on what to do?
tried synching etc. same deal. I have email sent to support. They are saying 1 to 2 biz days.
BHSMC

Activity: 188
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:57:27 PM

So if I get this card, how do I deposit money in it?
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:03:01 PM

Hi let me ask if someone alreadyvis bitpay visa card if it would work for verification in paypal and use for purchasing services online or buying stuff online?
Planning to use this for buying services because my debit card not work when using it for verification in some account in seo..
Do you think this one will work and for paypal verification?
And i would like to know if bitpay also when converting to usd to to deposit in paypal?
kristiano92

Activity: 68
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 11:13:53 PM

I have a problem with this card. I ordered bitpay card about two months ago. I paid for it and I havent received it. I sent them a few emails but I cant get a clear answear :/ What should I do?
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:14:54 AM

I know this card since long and wanted to have one but as usual this is not supported in my country. They offered only USD, EUR currency and there charges in that currency is heavy for me. The limits for the currency are great anti is ideal card for those who have lots of assets in the alt coin and bitcoin form. Just imagine simply swiping your crypto card and making transactions from the block chain straight to the end user would be so easy.

You must be having good time using it and personally speaking must be very cool to have it infant of your friends and family! :-)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:30:02 AM

What about BTC exchange rate? I see lots of these card companies offer low or almost no fees but when you try to sell your BTC to transfer money to your card, the exchange rate is $150 lower compared to the market rate. Wirex is absolutely the worst there, over $200 under market BTC price. Dont use Wirex ever.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
ranlo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:12:26 AM

I have a problem with this card. I ordered bitpay card about two months ago. I paid for it and I havent received it. I sent them a few emails but I cant get a clear answear :/ What should I do?

Not really sure on this one... I only had one support request and it was answered in a few days. Maybe try again. Not sure what you mean by a "clear answer" though...?

What about BTC exchange rate? I see lots of these card companies offer low or almost no fees but when you try to sell your BTC to transfer money to your card, the exchange rate is $150 lower compared to the market rate. Wirex is absolutely the worst there, over $200 under market BTC price. Dont use Wirex ever.

Their rate is on par with any other (and in a lot of cases seems higher). You can see the rates here: https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-exchange-rates

And no 0.5%+ fee like others would charge.

I know this card since long and wanted to have one but as usual this is not supported in my country. They offered only USD, EUR currency and there charges in that currency is heavy for me. The limits for the currency are great anti is ideal card for those who have lots of assets in the alt coin and bitcoin form. Just imagine simply swiping your crypto card and making transactions from the block chain straight to the end user would be so easy.

You must be having good time using it and personally speaking must be very cool to have it infant of your friends and family! :-)

It doesn't convert on the fly -- you have to transfer funds to it prior to the purchase (which is credited as USD). That said, I know people that have even done their transfers while in a store and were able to use the cards. I think it's one confirmation, so YMMV on that. Once someone I know had a 1.5h delay but that was because of a slow block.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 07:35:27 AM

The card looks loaded with pretty cool features but is it accepted in the asian countries? What if I travel abroad and use in the Asia will it be accepted in the ATM terminal present there or it is just to be used over the internet virtually? I have seen similar case with tenx and crypto pay but not sure on how these cards work from the blockchain. What if I’m supposed to get real cash ? Will it dispense met that too?

If you own the card then please share the pictures of it, I’m interest to see it. Please respond to my post as I want answer for them. Thanks. PM me.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 01:30:29 PM

These crypto cards all right in the countries like USA where there are many places implanted with bitcoin ATM but not in the rest of the world. Plus there is no way you can spend the bitcoins almost instantly as you will have to wait until the transaction is confirmed over the blockchain. How are you dealing with that problem. I mean my Starbucks coffee will get cold until my payment is confirmed really!

However it has its own pros and cons so I don't think blaming it straight away is good thing. I hope there will be more development opportunities sooner as the bitcoin price is increasing Day by day and we have lots of money to spend.  :-)

supercops

Activity: 589
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:57:11 PM

This is what the founders of blockstream have to say about this service offered by Visa for the cryptocurrency community:

"BitPay is fraudulently passing off btc1 as Bitcoin software to which people are required to upgrade. This is highly unethical and a violation of the bitcoin.org hard fork policy. Therefore, this pull request removes from bitcoin.org any references to BitPay and their software/services Copay and Bitcore."

▄███▄
       ▄████████
    ▄██████▀▀▀███
 ▄██████▀      ▀▀███▄
▀▀███████▄▄       ▀██▀
    ▀████████▄▄
       ▀█████████▄
          ▀▀████████▄
  ▄██▄▄       ▀▀███████▄▄
 ▀███▄▄      ▄██████▀
    ███▄▄▄██████▀
       ████████▀
          ▀███▀
.Sobit.[
▄▄████████▄▄
▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
▄██▀              ▀██▄
▄██              ▄▄▄ ██▄
▄██         ▄▄▄██████  ██▄
██    ▄▄▄███████▀████   ██
██ ▀█████████▀ ▄████    ██
██    ▀████▀ ▄██████    ██
██       ▀ ▄███████     ██
▀██        ██▀█████    ██▀
▀██       █   ▀██    ██▀
▀██▄              ▄██▀
▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
▀▀████████▀▀
CN - EN
⬢  Twitter
⬢  Facebook
⬢  Reddit
]
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:25:43 PM

Sadly BitPay Visa is only for US citizen so a big no for me. But after all no problem, there are plenty of others providers with the same features and limits. when you compare with others they all have more or less the same fees ect. So i gone at other place. No idea why they limit to only americans people.

I don't think they are doing it intentionally for American people. There might be different reasons such as project funding limitation where they can fund the company to run within the USA only. Going outside the self country means lots of rules and regulations to be faced plus there is extra cost involved in it. So if they are not having the enough funding then they might be simply ignoring it.

Bitpay is good service and you can always have it to use online over thousand of shops. Plus there are alternatives too.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆