Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:27:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.96 preliminary testing  (Read 6222 times)
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6659

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 06:17:07 PM

Should DB being shutting down when Client closes even though I run DB separately?

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:41:14 PM

Should DB being shutting down when Client closes even though I run DB separately?

DB now uses a cookie file setup to authorize special commands like shutdown. Any local client can read that cookie file, which the DB creates under any circumstances. I guess I could add some cli magic in there to make it a bit more intuitive.

droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 03:03:48 AM

Test suite is broken. Submitted a PR.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 09:25:07 PM

Edit: One of the issues above remains unresolved where the BDM will randomly go back to the scanning phase and needs to be restarted to resolve it.

Fixed.

Won't do it anymore now.

Test suite is broken. Submitted a PR.

Merged. Also merged the translation PR, have fun with that.

Edit: If your PR adds a feature or fixes something I missed from previous versions, please update the changelog as accordingly as well.

goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 01:42:12 PM

Shouldn't just running with -server=1 from bash work? It's not.

Should be fixed now.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 10:47:34 PM

I'll be checking it out right after I mend my blockchain data, it'll be done soon with any luck

Vires in numeris
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 01:08:08 PM

Shouldn't just running with -server=1 from bash work? It's not.

Should be fixed now.

I can now confirm that.

Issues I found (8adfd62)
  • Editing tx comments from main window yielded QString::arg: 1 argument(s) missing in Add %2 %2:
  • Using the wallet filters produced overlapping or incomplete results accompanied by -INFO  - 1487508653: (SocketObject.cpp:517) POLLIN recv return 0
  • A little messing around with the "Use only selected UTXOs" option ended up with a bunch of  AttributeError: 'DlgWalletDetails' object has no attribute 'wltAddrModel' with differing tracebacks, followed by the fee adjustment failing altogether. Clicking Send! in that state produced an Insufficient Fee dialog with this text featuring "Your specified fee results in a rate of %d satoshis per byte/b>. This is much lower than the median satoshi/byte rate of %s BTC"

Vires in numeris
droark

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2017, 08:16:07 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2017, 08:55:31 PM by droark

Another problem (and one that seems to have been around for years): The transaction export feature is broken. There are two problems.

- In qtdialogs.py, order_ascending and order_descending aren't defined.
- There's something wrong with SWIG. I got the following error on the command line when running the export command after defining the two order values.

Code:
(ERROR) Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/droark/Projects/private-goatpig-BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/qtdialogs.py", line 9504, in accept
    if self.createFile_CSV():
  File "/Users/droark/Projects/private-goatpig-BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/qtdialogs.py", line 9631, in createFile_CSV
    walletGroup = TheBDM.bdv().getStandAloneWalletGroup(wltIDList, order)
  File "/Users/droark/Projects/private-goatpig-BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 2453, in <lambda>
    __getattr__ = lambda self, name: _swig_getattr(self, BlockDataViewer, name)
  File "/Users/droark/Projects/private-goatpig-BitcoinArmory/osxbuild/workspace/Armory.app/Contents/MacOS/py/usr/lib/armory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 80, in _swig_getattr
    raise AttributeError("'%s' object has no attribute '%s'" % (class_type.__name__, name))
AttributeError: 'BlockDataViewer' object has no attribute 'getStandAloneWalletGroup'

This probably has to do with order_ascending and order_descending, which need to be HistoryOrdering objects. I can't seem to find examples in Git. Will keep looking and submit a PR if I can.

EDIT: Okay, I think I found it. The Python code relies on code in BlockDataViewer.h/cpp. However, that code goes into ArmoryDB. SwigClient.h/cpp appears to have its own BlockDataViewer. This is what Python accesses. The Python BDV doesn't have the code required for the Tx exporting. I'll look into that and see if how easy it would be to copy the code over.
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:37:02 PM

EDIT: Okay, I think I found it. The Python code relies on code in BlockDataViewer.h/cpp. However, that code goes into ArmoryDB. SwigClient.h/cpp appears to have its own BlockDataViewer. This is what Python accesses. The Python BDV doesn't have the code required for the Tx exporting. I'll look into that and see if how easy it would be to copy the code over.

That most likely means this is data that needs to be pulled from the DB. You would have to populate the director with the method, write ser/deser routines and get the client to pull the data.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:12:26 PM

Both the Create Wallet button and dropdown selection yields this:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 3456, in startWalletWizard
    walletWizard = WalletWizard(self, self)
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/ui/Wizards.py", line 103, in __init__
    self.walletBackupPage = WalletBackupPage(self)
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/ui/Wizards.py", line 307, in __init__
    WalletBackupFrame(wizard, wizard.main, wizard.tr("Backup Wallet")))
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/ui/WalletFrames.py", line 807, in __init__
    self.featuresLbls[F.ProtGen] = MkFeatLabel(self.tr('Protects All Future Addresses'))
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/ui/WalletFrames.py", line 806, in <lambda>
    MkFeatLabel = lambda x: QRichLabel(tr(x), doWrap=False)
NameError: global name 'tr' is not defined

...and no Create Wallet dialog

Vires in numeris
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:20:07 PM

Both the Create Wallet button and dropdown selection yields this:

Code:
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 3456, in startWalletWizard
    walletWizard = WalletWizard(self, self)
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/ui/Wizards.py", line 103, in __init__
    self.walletBackupPage = WalletBackupPage(self)
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/ui/Wizards.py", line 307, in __init__
    WalletBackupFrame(wizard, wizard.main, wizard.tr("Backup Wallet")))
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/ui/WalletFrames.py", line 807, in __init__
    self.featuresLbls[F.ProtGen] = MkFeatLabel(self.tr('Protects All Future Addresses'))
  File "/home/user/BitcoinArmory/ui/WalletFrames.py", line 806, in <lambda>
    MkFeatLabel = lambda x: QRichLabel(tr(x), doWrap=False)
NameError: global name 'tr' is not defined

...and no Create Wallet dialog

Will go over these once the autotools branch is ready. On that note, would you mind pulling that branch and trying it out? You need to setup git submodules this way once you check out the branch:

Code:
git submodule init
git submodule update

Then you can build the usual autotools way:

Code:
sh autogen.sh
./configure
make

make dist works, but make install doesn't yet.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:34:29 PM

Can do. Is autotools not a dependency for gitian, or is that wrong?

Vires in numeris
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:46:54 PM

Can do. Is autotools not a dependency for gitian, or is that wrong?

It is, and that's end game here. But autotools itself is a messy thing, that got me spending the best part of a week just to get Armory back into the state it was with plain makefiles. So... baby steps =)

droark

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2017, 10:40:25 PM

Submitted a PR for C++11 detection, which is broken on Macs. There's also some sort of ASM compile issue for Crypto++. Haven't been able to decipher that one yet. Here's an example.

Code:
Making all in cryptopp
/bin/sh ./libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"Cryptopp\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"cryptopp\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"Cryptopp\ 1\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"weidai@github\" -DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"cryptopp\" -DVERSION=\"1\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\" -DHAVE_ALLOCA_H=1 -DHAVE_ALLOCA=1 -DHAVE_ARPA_INET_H=1 -DHAVE_FCNTL_H=1 -DHAVE_LIMITS_H=1 -DHAVE_NETDB_H=1 -DHAVE_NETINET_IN_H=1 -DHAVE_STDDEF_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_IOCTL_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TIME_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE__BOOL=1 -DHAVE_PTRDIFF_T=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_MALLOC=1 -DHAVE_GETHOSTBYNAME=1 -DHAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY=1 -DHAVE_MEMMOVE=1 -DHAVE_MEMSET=1 -DHAVE_POW=1 -DHAVE_SELECT=1 -DHAVE_SETLOCALE=1 -DHAVE_SOCKET=1 -I.    -fPIC -pipe       -O2 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MT sosemanuk.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/sosemanuk.Tpo -c -o sosemanuk.lo sosemanuk.cpp
libtool: compile:  g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"Cryptopp\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"cryptopp\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1\" "-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"Cryptopp 1\"" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"weidai@github\" -DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DPACKAGE=\"cryptopp\" -DVERSION=\"1\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -DLT_OBJDIR=\".libs/\" -DHAVE_ALLOCA_H=1 -DHAVE_ALLOCA=1 -DHAVE_ARPA_INET_H=1 -DHAVE_FCNTL_H=1 -DHAVE_LIMITS_H=1 -DHAVE_NETDB_H=1 -DHAVE_NETINET_IN_H=1 -DHAVE_STDDEF_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_IOCTL_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TIME_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE__BOOL=1 -DHAVE_PTRDIFF_T=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_MALLOC=1 -DHAVE_GETHOSTBYNAME=1 -DHAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY=1 -DHAVE_MEMMOVE=1 -DHAVE_MEMSET=1 -DHAVE_POW=1 -DHAVE_SELECT=1 -DHAVE_SETLOCALE=1 -DHAVE_SOCKET=1 -I. -fPIC -pipe -O2 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -MT sosemanuk.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/sosemanuk.Tpo -c sosemanuk.cpp  -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/sosemanuk.o
sosemanuk.cpp:356:3: error: unknown token in expression
                ".intel_syntax noprefix;"
                ^
<inline asm>:1:40: note: instantiated into assembly here
        .intel_syntax noprefix;mov QWORD PTR [%rbx+1*8], rdi;mov QWORD PTR [%rbx+2*8], rdx;mov QWORD PTR [%rbx+6*8], rax;mov QWORD PTR [%rbx+5*8], rsi;lea rcx, [4*rcx+rcx];lea rsi, [4*rcx];mov QWORD P...
                                              ^
sosemanuk.cpp:356:3: error: unknown token in expression
                ".intel_syntax noprefix;"
                ^
<inline asm>:1:70: note: instantiated into assembly here
        .intel_syntax noprefix;mov QWORD PTR [%rbx+1*8], rdi;mov QWORD PTR [%rbx+2*8], rdx;mov QWORD PTR [%rbx+6*8], rax;mov QWORD PTR [%rbx+5*8], rsi;lea rcx, [4*rcx+rcx];lea rsi, [4*rcx];mov QWORD P...
                                                                            ^
( Same basic errors over and over )

fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now [-ferror-limit=]
20 errors generated.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 12:23:45 AM

Okay, so the autotools branch is compiling and running fine for me, using latest Whonix (debian 8.7 based)

Vires in numeris
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 12:47:34 AM

Submitted a PR for C++11 detection, which is broken on Macs. There's also some sort of ASM compile issue for Crypto++. Haven't been able to decipher that one yet. Here's an example.

https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/blob/dev/cppForSwig/cryptopp/Makefile.am#L9

It is failing to trigger this if block. It needs -DCRYPTOPP_DISABLE_ASM but that depends on this conditional:

https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/blob/dev/cppForSwig/cryptopp/configure.ac#L53

i.e. if the configure scripts detects clang as the compiler. Feel free to change the condition to UNAME_DARWIN or expand on the conditions to add this def.

droark

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2017, 02:23:40 AM

https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/blob/dev/cppForSwig/cryptopp/Makefile.am#L9

It is failing to trigger this if block. It needs -DCRYPTOPP_DISABLE_ASM but that depends on this conditional:

https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/blob/dev/cppForSwig/cryptopp/configure.ac#L53

i.e. if the configure scripts detects clang as the compiler. Feel free to change the condition to UNAME_DARWIN or expand on the conditions to add this def.

Thanks. Submitted another PR. I'm still having a problem. This happens at the end of the build.

Code:
cp cppForSwig/.libs/libCppBlockUtils.so ./_CppBlockUtils.so
cp: cppForSwig/.libs/libCppBlockUtils.so: No such file or directory
goatpig (OP)
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 02:30:31 AM

Code:
cp cppForSwig/.libs/libCppBlockUtils.so ./_CppBlockUtils.so
cp: cppForSwig/.libs/libCppBlockUtils.so: No such file or directory

What folder does libtool build on OSX? Try replacing /cppForSwig/.libs with $(builddir)

droark

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2017, 04:01:40 AM

What folder does libtool build on OSX? Try replacing /cppForSwig/.libs with $(builddir)

Nevermind. Found the problem and updated the PR. OS X puts out .dylib files instead of .so. Adjusted the Makefile to account for that.
droark

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 01:58:38 AM

Found two more problems.

- There seems to be some sort of repo cloning issue. Every time I've cloned onto my Ubuntu VM, the FCGI subproject never downloads. I got around it by manually downloading the code and copying it over. Still, something's up, and I'm not sure what it is. (OSX is fine.)

- The C++ wallet mirroring seemed to pause when it hit an error.

Code:
(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.py:3217 - Error in pybkgdthread: 'WalletComparisonClass' object has no attribute 'tr'
  File "/home/droark/Projects/PersonalGitRepo/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 3215, in run
self.output = self.func()
  File "/home/droark/Projects/PersonalGitRepo/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 3152, in funcPartial
return thefunc(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/droark/Projects/PersonalGitRepo/BitcoinArmory/ui/WalletMirrorDialog.py", line 91, in walletComputation
reportTextProgress(self.tr("Checking imports for wallet %s").arg(wltID))
AttributeError: 'WalletComparisonClass' object has no attribute 'tr'

I'm also seeing some other errors on startup. The first one is repeated once, and the second is repeating multiple times.

Code:
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 4797, in handleCppNotification
self.finishLoadBlockchainGUI()
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 2437, in finishLoadBlockchainGUI
self.createCombinedLedger()
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 2510, in createCombinedLedger
totalFunds += wlt.getBalance('Total')
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +=: 'int' and 'SwigPyObject'

(...)

File "/home/droark/Projects/PersonalGitRepo/BitcoinArmory/armorymodels.py", line 81, in data
dispStr = coin2str(bal, maxZeros=2)
  File "/home/droark/Projects/PersonalGitRepo/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 1322, in coin2str
nBtc = float(nSatoshi) / float(ONE_BTC)
TypeError: float() argument must be a string or a number
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: