Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:58:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Litecoin, where it's all headed...  (Read 1078 times)
lyno

Activity: 150
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:18:36 AM

I think we are watching some kind of extreme high speed evolution. New coins are popping up, some of them new and unique like Namecoin, while others perish. Terracoin was close the end but came out stronger than ever, at least for the moment, and even straight clones like Bytecoin or BBQCoin might find their niche and survive.

In the end it might be worth to spend a little time on mining less prominent coins. You can still mine them without high performance hardware, some even with CPU, and learn how solo mining and pools work. And who knows, maybe they are worth some serious money some day.

Those are exciting times and I think the real cool things are still to come. Concepts nobody (or almost nobody) thought about so far, like it happened with Bitcoin.
scalper

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:21:37 AM

do you guys think this redundancy is a good thing, since the technology provides no new features?

too many other coins makes virtual currency sound kind of gimmicky, although i guess some people already think this is a gimmick no matter what
Kartaiv

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:32:43 AM

Chances are if Litecoin ever took off specialized hardware would arrive (albiet more complex). The Bitcoin clones were beat to market and won't gain market share. There are plenty of people who want to promote alternative currencies because they want to be an early adopter. Don't be fooled.

Ask yourself why everyone should switch? It would have to offer substantial intrinsic value over Bitcoin. That's not to say something won't arrive that offers additional value, but I don't think we've seen any of that yet.
Catacombkid

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:43:24 AM

I think litecoin's only real value is what people will lean it against bitcoin. The prices correlate with growth and loss, although exponentially litecoin has been doing well more recently. In the long run there will always be imitators, which you might be able to make money trading or investing, but ultimately they will probably be leaned on bitcoin, so why not just invest in the big guy if you think the future looks well.
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:46:02 AM

I second the choice of give-me-ltc.com for a pool. They do charge a 2% pool fee, but I've had nothing but good luck with them being (and paying) up. Basically, as soon as you accumulate 1 LTC, they deposit it to your address (sometimes within 2 hours of hitting 1 LTC, but they are reliable).

I just got my first payout on give-me-ltc.com. Is it common to not get the full 1 LTC? I only got 0.99246693 LTC.

dirtriderdan

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:46:11 AM

I am really thinking that LTC will increase in value vs BTC. The lack of viable FPGA or ASIC for scrypt will keep hashing more distributed, with a higher trust, and harder 51% attack.

I think a lot of us myself included feel the same way and are moving or have moved hardware over.
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:51:17 AM

Mining LTC bring lower profit than BTC at the moment
ma_rine_sa

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:16:21 AM

i find mining btc alot hard and less interesting them mining ltc.

using cgminer watching your ltc hash rate is like watching your bit torrent download speed.

very hypnotizing.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: