Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:42:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pixelcoin - Is it gambling? Investment? Advertising? Artwork? You decide!  (Read 2732 times)
pixelcoin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 05:44:03 PM

I really like the concept of this.

Gona be too expensive to buy the pixels some day though.

Thanks! And you're right, it could eventually reach that point, but the average price per pixel grows so slowly that something like this is far, far in the future. And even then, you can imagine getting around it by doing something like dividing each pixel into "sub-pixels", similar to a stock splitting.

Apart from selling pixels on the forum are you advertising the page somewhere? (just a curious marketing question)

I recently started an ad campaign on coinurl.

LOL, I love this war currently going on

Yeah, it's not exactly what I had in mind, but it certainly makes things interesting!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pixelcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 03:24:27 PM

I was very much hoping to avoid anything like censorship on pixelco.in, but this "war" has just gotten rather carried away. I'm posting this as notice that I intend to remove any attacks by name against another person. I hope to interfere as little as possible, but pixelco.in should not be a place for creating unreasonable attacks against your fellow bitcoiners!

Please note though: this will not cause you to lose ownership of your pixels, only the offending images/text will be changed.
GCInc.

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 04:58:23 PM

Cannot login to my account to withdraw coins or request password: "We're sorry, but something went wrong."

pixelcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 05:17:54 PM

Cannot login to my account to withdraw coins or request password: "We're sorry, but something went wrong."

Sorry about that, I was updating the site probably at just the moment where you tried to log in. Please try again, everything should be working, and let me know if you have any problems!
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:05:02 PM

I was very much hoping to avoid anything like censorship on pixelco.in, but this "war" has just gotten rather carried away.

If you're worried about legal implications of hosting the libels uploaded against Micon, you might want to blank out his name on the thumbnails on the 'transaction log' page too.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:29:44 AM

Hey I posted in your other thread. ADs need to be resealable or it will fail. Nobody wants to buy a PXLs that they need to sell back to the dev, The
dev can then dump on the market whenever he wants. People with big money and whales will never buy it because their ADs hold no inherent value.

An ad needs equity!! How?? Make the pxl holder register their wallet with the site so if the balance changes they lost the position.

The people who say "Its a nice idea" have not actually tried to registered an ad and see what is actually going on. The price drop is from the fact that
an advertiser holds "NO EQUITY". Once they have a pxl and ad they sell it to the owner who claims he will not resell the pxl. But Bitcoin is a trustless
system and store of value. If their ADs hold no store of value then they will not invest. The model can be corrected:

*Instead of asking pxl owners to resell pxls, have them register their wallet with the site. This way, a registered wallet has to maintain the same PXL
balance in order to maintain their ad position. This way, they can sell their PXLs and effectively their AD position at any time.

This allows for advertisements that APPRECIATE which is a brilliant idea imho. If the dev does not do this the idea will fail because nobody will resell PXLs
to the dev because they instantly lose advertising equity. Easier to advertise using other methods like bots. If you are the developer please read this and
make this change or I guarantee you there will never be volume on PXL. Investors are getting smarter to pump+dump and that is why coins dont pump as fast anymore. So this needs to be more than a dump to succeed.

The dev may want to create a new thread and incorporate this change. Hope this helps and best of luck.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: