Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:55:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertising? Check out pixelco.in!  (Read 1253 times)
pixelcoin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 05:19:10 AM

http://i49.tinypic.com/2h55emg.png Pixelco.in Pixel Market

Anyone remember "Million Dollar Homepage"? It was a clever new form of advertising that leveraged social phenomena to get people looking at ads in a way they didn't before. And it spawned many imitators, but like most imitations, none of them had the draw of the original. Well, we've got something new, something uniquely "bitcoin".

At Pixelco.in, you can buy a block of space and link it to your website. And if we were dealing with dollars, that would be the end of it. But with bitcoins, we can expect a more dynamic, fluid marketplace. And that's what pixelco.in offers.

The twist is this: pixel space you buy isn't necessarily yours forever. Somebody else can buy it from you, but if they do, you earn a profit! So it isn't over when it fills up, but rather will keep being an interesting draw bringing clicks and pageviews to you. And the process of signing up and buying pixels couldn't be easier, thanks to our design and the magic of bitcoins!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pixelcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 10:33:25 PM

To get things started out, I'm happy to announce a huge price cut: now just 0.01 btc buys 1,000 pixels!
pixelcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 12:19:59 AM

We've been seeing a nice response so far, prime space is starting to fill up!
GCInc.

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 02:57:50 PM

Cool. How do you plan to arrange the sales of reserved pixels, and when?

pixelcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 02:41:02 PM

Cool. How do you plan to arrange the sales of reserved pixels, and when?

No pixels are reserved, everything is automated, with prices calculated automatically. Thanks for the purchase by the way!
atomium
Donator

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Study the past, if you would divine the future.

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:05:05 PM

just advertised on your site Smiley
The Bitcoin Catalog

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 03:32:33 AM

I just bought some pixels  Smiley

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog
pixelcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 04:56:29 AM

I just bought some pixels  Smiley
just advertised on your site Smiley

Thanks to all purchasers!

I'm happy to announce a requested feature: it is now possible to edit the thumbnail image for your link! This will not affect the image that is displayed on the homepage, but will allow you to set a custom thumbnail for the link display, as well as the transaction log. This is due to asymmetric images becoming oddly-cropped when put into a square format.
The Bitcoin Catalog

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 04:21:54 PM

Awesome idea! How are you promoting it outside of here?

I invite OP to send us a request form to be listed in our next edition. We will update our request form section very shortly with our new packages.

http://thebitcoincatalog.com/request-form-test/

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog
pixelcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 03:44:08 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2013, 03:56:36 AM by pixelcoin

I invite OP to send us a request form to be listed in our next edition. We will update our request form section very shortly with our new packages.

http://thebitcoincatalog.com/request-form-test/

Thanks for the suggestion, looks like you're putting together a nice resource! I submitted a free listing to the bitcoin catalog, and will keep an eye on your publication in the future.

Awesome idea! How are you promoting it outside of here?

As for other promotion, I haven't seen a good response from social media yet, though that is something I'm still looking at. I am also considering some ad buys.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:02:20 AM

Another one of these? See the discussion of the other greedy stupid dood, I'm too lazy to make a special one just for you (but this is okay, because you're too lazy to think of an idea yourself anyhow).

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
pixelcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 02:41:08 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 04:33:52 AM by pixelcoin

Another one of these? See the discussion of the other greedy stupid dood, I'm too lazy to make a special one just for you (but this is okay, because you're too lazy to think of an idea yourself anyhow).

First, your post is unnecessarily rude and inflammatory, but you may have legitimate concerns, so I will still reply. You can see that this thread came out before the one you linked to, so it is pretty clear that I'm not copying off of him (and it may be the other way around, though I don't want to accuse him of that without evidence he had a similar idea near the same time). I do say on the site (if you take the time to read the FAQ), that I acknowledge the idea of the original million dollar homepage, as well as the bitcoin gem, for inspiring Pixelco.in.

Your other point seems to be about the "greed" of the site. In the sense that capitalism is based on greed: then yes, I accept your accusation, I am trying to make a profit. If that's a bad thing, I think we're all in a lot of trouble!

If on the other hand, you feel that pixelcoin is somehow exploitative, I disagree. First, it is a very condescending attitude to assume that everyone participating on the site is somehow deluded or not smart enough to figure out what their interests are. The very fact that they are participating suggests that they consider it useful or interesting in some way. Second, even if I was running some kind of scam, it is not even close to bankrupting anyone: the amounts of money involved here are pretty small compared to typical ad buys (if you subtract hosting costs and divide by the number of hours of work put into this site, you'd find I'm making less than minimum wage on this). So it is my belief that anyone purchasing pixels on pixelcoin accepts and understands how the site works and whatever risk may be involved, and made their own intelligent and rational decision to participate.
tmbp

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:46:40 PM

First, your post is unnecessarily rude and inflammatory, but you may have legitimate concerns, so I will still reply. You can see that this thread came out before the one you linked to, so it is pretty clear that I'm not copying off of him (and it may be the other way around, though I don't want to accuse him of that without evidence). I do say on the site (if you take the time to read the FAQ), that I acknowledge the idea of the original million dollar homepage, as well as the bitcoin gem, for inspiring Pixelco.in.

Your other point seems to be about the "greed" of the site. In the sense that capitalism is based on greed: then yes, I accept your accusation, I am trying to make a profit. If that's a bad thing, I think we're all in a lot of trouble!

If on the other hand, you feel that pixelcoin is somehow exploitative, I disagree. First, it is a very condescending attitude to assume that everyone participating on the site is somehow deluded or not smart enough to figure out what their interests are. The very fact that they are participating suggests that they consider it useful or interesting in some way. Second, even if I was running some kind of scam, it is not even close to bankrupting anyone: the amounts of money involved here are pretty small compared to typical ad buys (if you subtract hosting costs and divide by the number of hours of work put into this site, you'd find I'm making less than minimum wage on this). So it is my belief that anyone purchasing pixels on pixelcoin accepts and understands how the site works and whatever risk may be involved, and made their own intelligent and rational decision to participate.

We seem to have our differences when approaching our business, the main one being that I will invest and use the funds I receive wisely in order to propel the website to greater heights marketing wise and in turn give out more to every bought pixel in targeted views than what I receive in Bitcoin, otherwise I would have the website become frozen since it will no longer be profitable to hold pixels at that price, you seem to have taken a different approach by actually giving out people Bitcoins once their pixels are bought which seems a bit illogical since they are the ones paying YOU for marketing initially and you end up making it an investment in the end.

Neither of our websites are based on existing scripts so I think it is safe to assume we have both got the same idea and started development before either of our websites were launched.
And don't mind MPOE-PR, her Ignore button is golden for a reason, she's known to be a feisty one, how she came to the conclusion that we're greedy is beyond me.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:31:45 AM

Pixelcoin was the first and it did innovate on "buy other's pixels like a chain game", kinda like a billboard with people spray painting all over each other.
tmbp

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:06:42 AM

First, your post is unnecessarily rude and inflammatory

Fuck you.

Grin Grin Grin
pixelcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 05:57:25 PM

I was very much hoping to avoid anything like censorship on pixelco.in, but a recent "war" has gotten out of hand with over-the-top personal attacks. I'm posting this as notice that I intend to remove any attacks by name against another person. I hope to interfere as little as possible, but pixelco.in should not be a place for creating unreasonable attacks against your fellow bitcoiners!

Please note though: this will not cause you to lose ownership of your pixels, only the offending images/text will be changed.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 07:02:33 PM

I was very much hoping to avoid anything like censorship on pixelco.in, but a recent "war" has gotten out of hand with over-the-top personal attacks. I'm posting this as notice that I intend to remove any attacks by name against another person. I hope to interfere as little as possible, but pixelco.in should not be a place for creating unreasonable attacks against your fellow bitcoiners!

Please note though: this will not cause you to lose ownership of your pixels, only the offending images/text will be changed.

If you change even a pixel of a person's ad you should remove the entire thing and give them their money back. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
pixelcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 07:12:46 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2013, 07:50:20 PM by pixelcoin

If you change even a pixel of a person's ad you should remove the entire thing and give them their money back.  

I would really like to be able to do this, however, the money has already been sent to the people they bought pixels from. What I have offered them instead however is the chance to replace their block of pixels with another image of their choice. I would of course have preferred not to change any pixels at all, but things got very out of hand with libelous personal attacks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: