Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:17:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: listing of user classes / requirements?  (Read 699 times)
Wingman4l7 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:24:35 AM

Is there a listing of all the possible user classes and the minimum requirements to reach them?  Forgive me if this is somewhere easy to find, but I cannot find it!

They're called called "Position" on your profile (defined as ""Member's member group or post group" in the Help page on profiles), but in the old specifications for the forum overhaul called them user classes.  Examples: Newbie, Jr. Member, Sr. Member, Hero Member, etc.

(I made this post in the Newbies sub-forum, and it's getting buried too quickly; realized this probably belongs in the "Meta" sub-forum)
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:30:29 AM

After some Googling:

All the main ranks that can be handed out to normal users are: Brand New, Newbie, Jr. Member, Full Member, Sr. Member, and Hero Member.
In addition to the main rankings, there are also sub-rankings that can be applied, and those are: SCAMMER, Donator, and VIP.
Finally, staff sub-rankings are as follows: Staff, Moderator, Global Moderator, Administrator, and Founder.

Rank
Description
Tag
Brand New:Zero posts, gets 1 gold coin under his name.
Newbie:Under 5 posts and 4 hours, and gets 1 gold coin under his name.
Jr. Member:Between 5 and 100 posts, and gets 2 gold coins under his name.
Full member:Between 100 and 250 posts, and gets 3 gold coins under his name.
Sr. Member:Between 250 and 500 posts, and gets 4 gold coins under his name.
Hero Member:More than 500 posts, gets 5 gold coins under his name.

Sub-Rank
Description
Tag
SCAMMER:Manually applied by administration, regardless of post count and gets 5 red Xs under his name.
Donator:Manually applied by administration after 10 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under his name
of which the last is half green. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count when user is a Donator.
VIP:Manually applied by administration after 50 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under his name
of which the last is half purple. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count when user is a VIP.

Staff Rank
Description
Tag
Staff:Shown when moderators (see next point) post outside of the sections that they moderate.
Always shows 5 gold coins.
Moderator:Shown when moderators of specific sections post within those sections.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is shown as half faded-out green.
Global Moderator:Applied to Staff that have moderation privileges in all boards.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is half teal colored.
Administrator:Has all available permissions and can appoint moderators and perform other administrative tasks.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is shown half red regardless of post count.
Founder:Reserved for Satoshi, gets 5 platinum coins under his name.

To become a Donator or a VIP, send a PM to theymos to get a unique donation address.
Wingman4l7 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:44:52 AM

Thanks!  I would have found it if I had searched "rank", maybe... never would have thought of that.

That never was stickied even though multiple people suggested it... maybe it's time that it was?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:49:31 AM

It was stickied in the newbie section, but was unstickied because the moderators ran out of thumb tacks cleaned the stickies up.
Wingman4l7 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:52:50 AM

It was stickied in the newbie section, but was unstickied because the moderators ran out of thumb tacks cleaned the stickies up.
LOL   Grin 

Maybe it should be put in the "Help" section somewhere?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:55:59 AM

LOL   Grin 

Maybe it should be put in the "Help" section somewhere?
I stickied that here in the Meta subsection for the time being.  Smiley
Wingman4l7 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:47:00 AM

I stickied that here in the Meta subsection for the time being.  Smiley
Cool, thanks for doing that!   Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: