Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:49:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hero Level Forum account hacked, how do I get it back?! *GreenBits*  (Read 534 times)
shayshaylaboogie (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 04:08:00 AM

Hey guys, original GreenBits here. Went to log into my account today to find out not only has it been compromised, but the bastard has been actively using my account in my absence. Please, please do not do business with my hero level account, GreenBits, I am not this person and I cannot vouch for its behavior at this point. For what I have read of the posting history, I don't see where he she has caused any trouble, but please reach out to me if you have been scammed by GreenBits. If you take the time to investigate this yourself, please note the sharp deliniation in writing styles, and the type of advice rendered.

Now, it seems the email has been changed. Is there a way to prove account ownership moderators? Not too keen on losing my hero account, but, meh if so. Rather not have my reputation ruined by someone acting in my name.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 04:13:54 AM

Hey guys, original GreenBits here. Went to log into my account today to find out not only has it been compromised, but the bastard has been actively using my account in my absence. Please, please do not do business with my hero level account, GreenBits, I am not this person and I cannot vouch for its behavior at this point. For what I have read of the posting history, I don't see where he she has caused any trouble, but please reach out to me if you have been scammed by GreenBits. If you take the time to investigate this yourself, please note the sharp deliniation in writing styles, and the type of advice rendered.

Now, it seems the email has been changed. Is there a way to prove account ownership moderators? Not too keen on losing my hero account, but, meh if so. Rather not have my reputation ruined by someone acting in my name.

You should have a look at this thread.
Try and find an unedited address and sign a message using that.

For the lazy ones, the account in question - GreenBits
losoya

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 04:14:46 AM

before you ever wanted to buy a twitter account here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1779767.msg17750033#msg17750033
that is you?

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
shayshaylaboogie (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 04:18:59 AM

No, I haven't used this account for a few months. Give me a moment (this fucker has posted alot) but I will link you to my last legitimate post

Edit: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1674677.msg16878532#msg16878532 is the last thing I actually wrote. Like, literally the next message is in a different language. Which I can't even identify.
shayshaylaboogie (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 04:31:02 AM

You should have a look at this thread.
Try and find an unedited address and sign a message using that.

For the lazy ones, the account in question - GreenBits

Grumble. I can't even remember what Addy was associated with this. And if I could, I would have to wonder if I used a hosted wallet or not (I just got the hardware wallet religion about a year ago, but before that I had switched to wallet configurations where the key is evident)

The only reason I noticed this was Yobit, had a Sig campaign link that goes to that page on yobit where the signature payout is. Noticed I had expired due to inactivity, and went to remove the flair from my profile. Except, I can't get in, LOL.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:22:51 AM

Grumble. I can't even remember what Addy was associated with this. And if I could, I would have to wonder if I used a hosted wallet or not (I just got the hardware wallet religion about a year ago, but before that I had switched to wallet configurations where the key is evident)

Then the chances of recovering your account are pretty bleak.  Sad
A signed message is probably the only proof that admins will accept, and even then recovery can take time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: