Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:17:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Well Deserved Fortune of Satoshi Nakamoto, Visionary and Genious  (Read 13232 times)
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5152
Merit: 12580

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 08:13:28 PM

Could you please check if https://www.reddit.com/user/btcthwy is accessing reddit via Tor ?

Reddit mods don't have access to that info. (And I wouldn't publish that info anyway.)

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 08:44:57 PM

wow one year of premine is bad...
GermanGiant

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:03:30 PM

Could you please check if https://www.reddit.com/user/btcthwy is accessing reddit via Tor ?

Reddit mods don't have access to that info. (And I wouldn't publish that info anyway.)
Then how do you hand out IP ban on reddit ? You are the owner of /r/bitcoin and I guess, owners do have aceess to the IP log... no ?

But, I am not asking btcthwy identity to be revealed anyway. All I am asking is whether he is using Tor or not.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 11:25:02 PM

Then how do you hand out IP ban on reddit ?

You can't.

GermanGiant

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 11:43:36 PM

Then how do you hand out IP ban on reddit ?

You can't.
Here, it seems, he is indicating you...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3ln77n/coinbases_from_feb_3_2009_just_moved_for_the/cv7pxzl

Is not it ? You have spoken to Satoshi many a times. Does /u/btcthwy response style matches with him ? I mean, do you get any resemblance ?
americanpegasus

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:03:48 AM

Put your tinfoil hat on ladies and gentleman. 

Got it?  Good. 

At some point in the future.... It could be 2018, or it could be 2025, the Satoshi Recovery False Flag is coming. 

This will be where the powers that be 'miraculously' recover the Satoshi million.  This will certainly happen well after Bitcoin goes mainstream and also right before things start to look very dire for the dollar. 

One of two scenarios will happen: 1.) a group of scientists and academics will claim to have uncovered the fortune of Satoshi, and will use it to bail out the federal government (given some stipulations of course).  2.) an abandoned computer facility will be 'found' (ala James Bond Skyfall Island) with the million Satishi coins.  The government will have a 'panel' determine what to do with them, and the answer will be to add them to the treasury and use them to back the U.S. Dollar. 

That's my guess.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:27:22 AM

If I know that person's other account, I don't know that I know it.

(I didn't enter the Bitcoin scene until a year after that person mined those bitcoins.)

At some point in the future.... It could be 2018, or it could be 2025, the Satoshi Recovery False Flag is coming. 

I really don't think that Satoshi is government.

americanpegasus

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:33:50 AM

Oh I don't either. 

That would be disappointingly simple.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:41:41 AM

wow one year of premine is bad...

It was available to everyone from minute one. It just took an awful long time to convince anyone else to join in and you couldn't do that unless it was already operating. If you read the early scriptures Satoshi was very keen to get people on board.
americanpegasus

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 01:02:36 AM

Really... Try to think back and put yourself in 2008.  Shit was going down.  Stocks were collapsing.  News was going crazy with bank apocalypse talk.  Btw, most people still overwhelmingly got their news from the news - reddit was in its infancy and my daily net commute included CNN, Joystiq, and Digg.  Obama was elected, and that in itself was nuts.  Everyone was buzzing about this cool new Facebook thing.  Castle Crashers was coming out, which you could play online with your friends now that Xbox finally got its shit together.  

Look, point is... People had shit to do.  

And then some random mofo wants you to spend your computing cycles running some shady af digital money program?  It took a MASSIVE leap of faith and knowledge to buy into that, because it seemed like a silly nerd experiment at the time and there was no indication it would ever be any more than that.  

When theymos showed up a year after genesis and asked wtf was going on, Satoshi was probably just thrilled that some (anyone) was paying attention.  

Maybe you weren't there- I first encountered Bitcoin in 2012-ish and it *still* seemed shady af.  I'm one of the weirdest people I know and it was too "out there" for even me.  

My point is: there was no premine.  There was merely a period when this stuff was so alien and new that there was literally nothing you could say to convince most people to participate.  

"I have this neat new computer currency" - don't care.  
"It might change finance forever" - no it won't.  
"If you get into this now, you will be rich in a few years" -now you sound like a scammer.

Getting past whether satoshi's fortune is deserved, anyone who took the time to get into Bitcoin pre-2012 deserves a massive fortune.  And the ultra early adoption isn't even over yet.  In fact, we stand right now (in 2015) at a time when the success of crypto is more assured than ever and yet there are opportunities just as lucrative as early Bitcoin staring anyone in the face who bothers to pay attention.

What a lucky time to be alive.  

If you are reading my words now, in 2015, *you* are one of the lucky ones... There will be so many who won't get into crypto currency until it's built into their phone in the 2020's, but by then it won't make them rich.

RussianRaibow

Activity: 616

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 01:07:36 AM

If you are reading my words now, in 2015, *you* are one of the lucky ones... There will be so many who won't get into crypto currency until it's built into their phone in the 2020's, but by then it won't make them rich.
By 2020 80%+ of all bitcoins will be mined. It would take 120 years to mine the rest. Hence, supply crunch will begin after 2020. Till then the channels for usage will be created. The magic will begin after 2020.

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 01:27:47 AM

^^ your posts are always a great read. I agree with every single words, it is indeed a fantastic time to be alive. I pity the fact that I have only a little number of real life acquaintance I can share this excitement with  Undecided

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
americanpegasus

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 01:41:04 AM

^^ your posts are always a great read. I agree with every single words, it is indeed a fantastic time to be alive. I pity the fact that I have only a little number of real life acquaintance I can share this excitement with  Undecided

Thank you.   Wink

I saw a soccer mom on Facebook the other day talking about that MLM scam where women wrap themselves.... don't ask me; the latest bullshit going around after Herbalife.  Point is, she is desperately trying to earn some extra money for her family and thinks the best way to do that is to spam the shit out of her Facebook feed with this Wrap shit.  She's even bought a distribution kit from the company for $99 so she can call herself a 'business'.  

Holy hell man.  

So I IM'd her, and told her if she had spent that $99 on Bitcoin in 2010 that she would have the equivalent of about $200,000 now with no other work required.  I told her that money was about to change forever, and people who put in a little work now will be rich beyond reason in a decade.  I asked her she'd like to be the savior of her family, and the one who didn't bring in an extra few hundred a week - but actually changed her family line forever.  

She said she'd heard of bitcoin - that she thinks its some kind of digital money or something but she didn't know any more than that.  

So I linked her to Mr. Casares' excellent TED presentation and asked her to watch it: https://youtu.be/yPIvqJsCOSo and told her afterwards we could talk more about any questions she had.  

I've slowly reached out to my online and real life friends and the ratio is about 1 person who cares to 19 who don't.  But that's how things grow... laggards gonna lag.  And if there's anyone you shouldn't mind pitching cryptocurrency to it's these people who already show a predisposition to be brainwashed by this MLM shit - face it: cryptocurrency has speculatory aspects that mimic some parts of a MLM scheme, but diverge in that crypto can form the basis of a functioning economy while the money you pour into a pyramid scheme will always be worthless.  If they get interested in crypto then at least they'll be part of something genuine vs. flushing their money down the toilet of another pyramid company.  

You have to show people that not only does crypto have value, but also they can redistribute that value and wear it on their sleeve.  Someone needs to call up Jordan Belfort and tell him the hour of his great redemption has arrived.

RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 01:42:08 AM

What if he got hit by a bus? (or something with the same result: abandoned 1 million coins.)
Well, then a lot of people would probably regard those coins as lost forever, and I would guess the price of bitcoin would probably go up.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:38:01 AM

Well, then a lot of people would probably regard those coins as lost forever, and I would guess the price of bitcoin would probably go up.

I dunno. Either they never move and it remains an eternal mystery with no real effect on the price because we can't know. Or they do move and the price shits itself even though they can only be sold once and Satoshi would probably prefer to eat his own buttocks than exchange them for the very thing he set out to usurp.

If I'd been Satoshi I would've kept them flowing around to avoid mythical status.
americanpegasus

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:44:03 AM

This is one of the things that caused me to realize that Bitcoin may succeed, but will not work as a worldwide currency.   

The fact that if Satoshi ever moved his coins (even a few of them), the entire Bitcoin universe will panic is absurd.  Obviously this isn't going to work on a global scale. 

Privacy is needed so that Satoshi would be able to own those coins and move/spend them whenever he likes without anyone knowing that one of the original miners was moving funds.

neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 04:18:59 AM

This is one of the things that caused me to realize that Bitcoin may succeed, but will not work as a worldwide currency.   

The fact that if Satoshi ever moved his coins (even a few of them), the entire Bitcoin universe will panic is absurd.  Obviously this isn't going to work on a global scale. 

Privacy is needed so that Satoshi would be able to own those coins and move/spend them whenever he likes without anyone knowing that one of the original miners was moving funds.

Satoshi has every rights to move or sell his own bitcoins. And we can strongly believe he will never ever sell all his coins at once. So, there is no clue to panic that price go bottom. Satoshi also will buy some coins if price go some what below from the current prices. Because current prices are just mining costs.
americanpegasus

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 05:08:21 AM

Satoshi has every rights to move or sell his own bitcoins. And we can strongly believe he will never ever sell all his coins at once. So, there is no clue to panic that price go bottom. Satoshi also will buy some coins if price go some what below from the current prices. Because current prices are just mining costs.

Do you doubt that the price would immediately nosedive if Satoshi sold any of his coins, regardless of whether its his right to do so? 

Every time one of the early miners sells any coins is always the same panic: "ZOMG IS SATOSHI SELLING COINS?" 

In a proper functioning currency, we shouldn't know if Satoshi buys or sells any coins.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:03:52 AM

Do you doubt that the price would immediately nosedive if Satoshi sold any of his coins, regardless of whether its his right to do so? 

Short term bitcoin price movement is very easy to cause. To make a 10% move in exchange rate happen as a flashcrash, only 0.02% of the coins need to be sold (or conversely bought). Satoshi coins' percentage is hundreds of times bigger - so selling some of them could collapse the price totally.

But, on the other hand, the rational response is to keep the previous marketcap [all - satoshi] equal to the new marketcap [all], which would mean that the price suffers less than 10% total when the dust has settled.

If you fear short term things and buy and sell based on rumors of them, on average you lose money. The factual significance of satoshi coins has become much less important in the last 1.5 years.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
ournem

Activity: 63
Merit: 24

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 11:16:56 AM

Satoshi was a genius and deserves to be rich.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: