Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:02:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So this section just a shit ???  (Read 499 times)
Jericho. (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 02:33:36 PM

Hey, I'm Jericho.
I just jumping to "Investor-based games" > All about Hyip or Ponzi > Then for OP Got Red Trust Account.
So what is kind purpose these section?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 04:05:02 PM

You may say this section is for detecting the ponzis with just entering a section.

Yes, you can say this. You can add also that here you can see that are still ppl believing in fairytales!
Oh yes, there are some others who "believe" that ponzi is a "gambling game"... Roll Eyes Cheesy
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 05:01:56 PM

Hey, I'm Jericho.
I just jumping to "Investor-based games" > All about Hyip or Ponzi > Then for OP Got Red Trust Account.
This is a question i asked to the moderators and admins of this forum aswell. I got the following response from a former mod.

If you spot a ponzi, you can report it to moderators or inform the community in appropriate section.
What are you talking about? This section is the appropriate section for ponzi's. There is no distinct difference between *legit investor* based games and ponzi's, nor does the staff moderator any scam attempts.

My proposal is to simply nuke the board and delete it. Too much shit going on there.
A lot of people are opposed to this idea because it will result in users posting these *games* everywhere. However, I don't find it troublesome to handle considering the wast number of patrollers that the forum has. The questions are always, whether the pros outweigh the cons and whether they are solutions that are potentially better than just plain removal.

Basically a subboard where newbies can freely advertise their scams. 99% of the sites and persons here are out there for your money and nothing else.
Sadly there are still people falling for it, since they keep doing it. for example Bitcoine.Global where a user lost over 0.1BTC. Sad and unnecessary.

Jericho. (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 04:16:49 AM

Hey, I'm Jericho.
This is a question i asked to the moderators and admins of this forum aswell. I got the following response from a former mod.

If you spot a ponzi, you can report it to moderators or inform the community in appropriate section.
What are you talking about? This section is the appropriate section for ponzi's. There is no distinct difference between *legit investor* based games and ponzi's, nor does the staff moderator any scam attempts.

My proposal is to simply nuke the board and delete it. Too much shit going on there.
A lot of people are opposed to this idea because it will result in users posting these *games* everywhere. However, I don't find it troublesome to handle considering the wast number of patrollers that the forum has. The questions are always, whether the pros outweigh the cons and whether they are solutions that are potentially better than just plain removal.

Basically a subboard where newbies can freely advertise their scams. 99% of the sites and persons here are out there for your money and nothing else.
Sadly there are still people falling for it, since they keep doing it. for example Bitcoine.Global where a user lost over 0.1BTC. Sad and unnecessary.
Why is created if only to made trap others.
bias

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:26:34 AM

Hey, I'm Jericho.

Why is created if only to made trap others.

Well, with this point of view you are right.
this section of the forum looks like a "trap" but i dont think that is like this...

Maybe a staff member here can help you and explain better... Roll Eyes Undecided
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:40:07 AM

The "legit" bitcoin gambling industry on BitcoinTalk were pissed with these HYIP/Ponzis/Pyramids cluttering up their sub forum, so they complained to Theymos and, rather than putting his staff on the spot to pass judgement on whether schemes were scams, he opened this Investor-based games section as a trashcan.
99.9% of schemes in this section have no future, they are just short term money grabs posing as "investments". Admin and their sock puppets pretend they are "games" like dice and poker but that is just a lie.
Without any transparency it is very easy for the systems to be rigged with false information, queues (lines) for payment populated by admin's alt accounts and so on.
The schemes that downright lie about what they are usually get red trust for the OP, e.g. "cloudmining", "forex" etc. that give crazy ROIs.
The straightforward doublers that pretend to be nothing else aren't comparatively so bad, but completely open to abuse and rigging by the admin.

If you were walking down the street and a guy came up to you and said "Give me $10, wait here and I'll go round the corner, come back in half an hour and give you $20 back"
what would you do?
If your answer is "I'd give him the money", then this section is for you. And so is future poverty.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: