Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rally?  (Read 2606 times)
w00t

Activity: 188
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:34:32 PM

It doesn't make any sense to use BTC in Africa as BTC requires stable Internet to operate.

Nobody thought of that?

are you under some impression that the entire continent of africa is tribal bushmen? Tongue

Looking at the stats at: http://www.netindex.com/

I came to conclusion it's not good. Most African countries have low single digits download speed.

And that is average which will be probably too far from median for which I expect is no connectivity at all.

First PC game is using Bitcoin as the currency: Fallout 2
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:34:50 PM

We all know Robert Mugabe is a financial genius!   Grin

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ffernandex

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:56:58 PM

Perhaps they meant zimcoins?

jokes apart, I know some bitcoin advocates are trying to convice some smaller nations to declare BTC as their official currency. I heard they were looking for small islands in the pacific, but Africa could be an option. This would prevent any attempt to declare bitcoins illegal.

Cheers!

If you like my posts, feel free to donate!
BTC: 1L1S4wG5TNJZSX9VG3vkk2er76YHihz3Kg
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:03:22 PM

Not sure if this is joke or not: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-957375

Interesting if true. Imagine 5 years down the road and Zimbabwe using Bitcoin together with a bunch of other formerly impoverished nations. They all enjoy lively economy, stability and persecuted elsewhere bitcoiners relocate en masse to Africa. (as someone else "predicted" somewhere in other thread).  Grin

It would be a brilliant move, but maybe only on first sight.

Consider Lybia: Gadhafi wanted to make a Gold Dinar togetehr with other African countries. What did he and his country get for trying that? Nato (imf? world bank?) bombed them to shit, killed Gaddhafi, took the gold. Western media spun it as "protecting civilians", lol. I know, I know, take off the tinfoil hat. But it makes sense, does it not?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Brushan

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:05:12 PM

Interesting if true. Imagine 5 years down the road and Zimbabwe using Bitcoin together with a bunch of other formerly impoverished nations. They all enjoy lively economy, stability and persecuted elsewhere bitcoiners relocate en masse to Africa. (as someone else "predicted" somewhere in other thread).  Grin

Consider Lybia: Gadhafi wanted to make a Gold Dinar togetehr with other African countries. What did he and his country get for trying that? Nato (imf? world bank?) bombed them to shit, killed Gaddhafi, took the gold. Western media spun it as "protecting civilians", lol. I know, I know, take off the tinfoil hat. But it makes sense, does it not?

I never heard this theory. Any idea where i can read more about it?
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:59:54 PM

I never heard this theory. Any idea where i can read more about it?

I think I saw someone talk about it on Russia Today a while back (might've been that Webster Tarpley character). John Perkins also talks about it:

According to the IMF, Libya’s Central Bank is 100% state owned. The IMF estimates that the bank has nearly 144 tons of gold in its vaults. It is significant that in the months running up to the UN resolution that allowed the US and its allies to send troops into Libya, Muammar al-Qaddafi was openly advocating the creation of a new currency that would rival the dollar and the euro. In fact, he called upon African and Muslim nations to join an alliance that would make this new currency, the gold dinar, their primary form of money and foreign exchange. They would sell oil and other resources to the US and the rest of the world only for gold dinars.

It makes sense for the US: protecting the USD while at the same time acquiring some badly needed gold (many countries want their gold back and it's quite likely (if not apparent), that not all the gold that is stored in the name of these countries in New York or whereever is actuall available (as in: there)).

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: