Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:21:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lower hashrate after DDosed Slush pool  (Read 1071 times)
ntgrac (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:28:49 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2013, 01:42:15 AM by ntgrac

Hi,
i have a little problem with hashrate, before DDos i have 65 Mh/s, on slush's and BTC 50,
when i reconnect after DDos to slush's pool, i have 45  - 50 Mh/s, on BTC 50 i have stilll 65 Mh/s.
What am I doing wrong?

//Edit: on BTCGuild i have 65 Mh/s
          on Slush's pool still 50 Mh/s

//Edit_2: Sorry guys, it's solved, i haven't selected the CPU affinity. Now it's all fine.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:45:40 AM

Hi,
i have a little problem with hashrate, before DDos i have 65 MH/s, on slush and BTC 50,
when i reconnect after DDos to slush pool, i have 45  - 50 MH/s, on BTC 50 i have stilll 65 MH/s.
What am I doing wrong?

Maybe it's a connection problem??
ntgrac (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:51:12 AM

Hi,
i have a little problem with hashrate, before DDos i have 65 MH/s, on slush and BTC 50,
when i reconnect after DDos to slush pool, i have 45  - 50 MH/s, on BTC 50 i have stilll 65 MH/s.
What am I doing wrong?

You mean pool connection or my connection?
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:00:53 AM

Hi,
What am I doing wrong?

Your connection to the pool.
ntgrac (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:05:01 AM

Hi,
What am I doing wrong?

Your connection to the pool.

I will try restart router and PC, have you some other ideas?
Hei_

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:19:02 AM

change pool
ntgrac (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:44:20 PM

change pool
that is the last option
lightenup

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:48:55 PM

What am I doing wrong?
65 MHashes/s is by todays standard slow, hence difficult to estimate accurately. The pools only look at the rate of
incoming shares and it might take a while to average (bad) luck out.
Also, the DDOS attacks don't seem to be over yet, maybe use a backup pool until the attacks stop/are dealt with.
Lanidarc

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:52:15 PM

Lot's of pools under DDoS rolling attack it seems.

It depends where you are looking to see your hashrate. If it is the estimate from the account page - that is affected by the last 10 rounds, for all workers together, or based on shares in current round for each worker. If you join a round already in progress, that will be a poor estimate. If your hashrate on your actual device as seen from miner output, well now that would be weird!

It's a scary new day:

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/04/fueled-by-super-botnets-ddos-attacks-grow-meaner-and-ever-more-powerful/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arstechnica%2Findex+%28Ars+Technica+-+All+content%29
ntgrac (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:58:51 PM

Lot's of pools under DDoS rolling attack it seems.

It depends where you are looking to see your hashrate. If it is the estimate from the account page - that is affected by the last 10 rounds, for all workers together, or based on shares in current round for each worker. If you join a round already in progress, that will be a poor estimate. If your hashrate on your actual device as seen from miner output, well now that would be weird!
//shortened

It's in GUIminer.
ntgrac (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:01:53 PM

What am I doing wrong?
65 MHashes/s is by todays standard slow, hence difficult to estimate accurately. The pools only look at the rate of
incoming shares and it might take a while to average (bad) luck out.
Also, the DDOS attacks don't seem to be over yet, maybe use a backup pool until the attacks stop/are dealt with.

I know it's slow. :-)
Yes, i did that, I'm mining on backup pool.
lightenup

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:29:53 PM

:p 'slow' wasn't meant in any devaluing way -- it's unfortunately a factor that adds some variance at higher difficulties and our difficulty is high :/

It's in GUIminer.
I am not familiar with GUIminer and how/if it measures actual hardware device output or also looks only at the found shares rate which might be low when you cannot get any new work from the pool. Anyway: It appears that the only problem is the DDOS attack.
cactinsane

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:51:06 PM

Better pools...
ntgrac (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:56:35 PM

:p 'slow' wasn't meant in any devaluing way -- it's unfortunately a factor that adds some variance at higher difficulties and our difficulty is high :/

It's in GUIminer.
I am not familiar with GUIminer and how/if it measures actual hardware device output or also looks only at the found shares rate which might be low when you cannot get any new work from the pool. Anyway: It appears that the only problem is the DDOS attack.

Maybe it is, just waiting now.
nybbler905

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:58:53 PM

Hi,
What am I doing wrong?

OK, Slush's is still having issues with DDos ( and aftermath of said same ) and I am using GUIMiner to do CPU mining ( don't go there, look at my other posts first if ya gotta )

1) restart PC
2) copy the tabs you are using for the Stratum and set to slush's pool in the drop down from either solo or other ( if that is how you were mining )
3) copy your miner to a similarly named directory and make a ' new cpu miner ' ( no, not actually going to use one, i personaly use 2 and this sometimes helps )
4) find all the settings you need to pass to your miner in the command line ( NOTEPAD is your friend at this point ) and put the full directoy,miner name and those settings in at the top for where you would use a CPU miner and uncheck one of the CPU afinity boxes.
If you got quad, you will need to do this 2 more times and 2 more directories so you end up with one miner per CPU affinity
5) SAVE SETTINGS
6) run them and use the summary tab ( use the X at the top right to kill the tabs you do not need/want IF separating the CPU affinity did not help )
Look at the bottom right, if it's over 1.1Mhash/sec you are doing better than me. 

Eventualy you will find the correct core per mining directory to max out your hashes ( total hashes not per pool hashes ).  I do recomend stress testing your system with a CPU miner in it's own work tab AND having GPU miners.  There are a ton of process ticks between the sends/recieves from CUDA mining that may get you a bump of a few hundred khash/sec and it all adds up.

If this helps, I do take donations Smiley

Always looking for donations even as low as 1uBTC
14XfpYPdtYiGoEiDcKrSzuvBM3ukhwANUh - BTC
LS7FEfu9ajp3NQcDjui9TSKscwQesj9i8k - LTC
LHe9g5ixMyfdtqAEHU5vErG1eQrDshBFRW -Luckycoin
ntgrac (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:38:17 AM

Sorry guys, it's solved, i haven't selected the CPU affinity. Now it's all fine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: