Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 11:33:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Rigs  (Read 341 times)
Peek (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:33:02 AM

Hi,

After watching numerous youtube clips, I noticed that the custom development rigs all hook into the same USB hub, before connecting to the PC. One PC controlling all the mining rigs.

What has me wondering, is the other clips where numerous PCs with GPU's are used for mining. Question being: Are all the machines working together as a LAM (Local Area Machine) or is each machine mining independently ? (and if so... isn't that a waste of power & hardware? As a collective approach would be much more efficient )

Thanks
daemondazz

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:04:07 PM

I have two machines that are independent, although both mining in the same pool. Whether or not it's a waste of resources, it depends on if you already have the gear instead of buying specifically for mining and how much (or if) you pay for power.

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
montdidier

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 01:22:50 PM

As far as I understand they're separate but working collectively. The work is split at a higher level so they don't really need to communicate all that much with each other.
evilscoop

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:27:19 PM

Hi,

After watching numerous youtube clips, I noticed that the custom development rigs all hook into the same USB hub, before connecting to the PC. One PC controlling all the mining rigs.

sounds like an fpga rig rather than a pc rig to me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: