Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:51:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SAPPHIRE 100352-4L 7950 getting terrible speeds, 200-300kh/s.  (Read 6485 times)
Punkonjunk (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Hey, eat this snail quick

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:06:30 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2013, 09:32:58 PM by Punkonjunk

this card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202030

Is getting just the worst hashrates.I've tried the guiminer defaults, a bunch of stuff from https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/wiki/Mining-hardware-comparison#wiki-ATI_AMD_GPUs

And a couple things I found on reddit, like http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/1cbg51/my_7950s_are_at_800k_somehowprt_scr/

And I am just getting dick for speeds. the ones on reddit almost work: At least, on give-me-ltc it reported 650+ spike for a while, but my computer slogged to literally unusable, to the point where guiminer froze and I couldn't move the mouse enough to stop the goddamn miner.

Can someone post settings they are using with this exact card to get into the 600s?

liked my post? LTC to: LYeSMuyDBFufBehK59A9GmMjby6iVw8Kux
Or BTC to: 18YsfMVtqNbrpJuPZaAbifWNYuiUHQZwR8
If there is a wall of text up there, sorry. I can't help it. I'm usually running on about 80oz of coffee a day. If it's complete nonsense, sorry. I haven't had my coffee.
ElBurro

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:10:39 AM

I've got 6 of those cards doing 650. You need to bump intensity or try -g 2.
Punkonjunk (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:27:33 AM

-g 2 at any intensity makes my system .1fps and drops my speed to 2-14khs. between 2khs. and 14khs. I have no idea why this card hates me so much.

If there is a wall of text up there, sorry. I can't help it. I'm usually running on about 80oz of coffee a day. If it's complete nonsense, sorry. I haven't had my coffee.
shiv

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:11:35 PM

If you get Mhs, then you are not mining litecoin  Roll Eyes
offbyone

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:27:53 PM

I have the same cards. bought it for 299 cad. look through my post history to get what you need. I used reaper, cgminer and guiminer scrypt. on we mine ltc .com or anywhere, I can comfortably now do 575 per card.
Punkonjunk (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:02:18 PM

Sorry, it was a mistype. I'm using guiminer-scrypt, and i'm not quite that stupid.

I've updated my bios to the newest revision, and thanks to some of offbyone's settings, getting better hashrates, closer to 500 at unusable mouse party.

I honestly think 560 as my afk setting is about the best I'm going to do, though. Not sure how people are nailing 700+ but my temps spike up to 90 pretty fast even at the suggested settings. I'll post/update more but again, anyone else with the same card has settings or suggestions, please fire away.

(especially if you have a "I get 500kh/s and can still use that display to game" magical setting.... )

sdhayes12345

Activity: 79

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:03:08 AM

My understanding is that you aren't going to be mining a scrypt-based coin at a decent rate AND have a useable system.  If anything you've read disagrees with this, then please reference it for me. 

550 kh/s is what I would the target hash rate for a stock GPU. 
mg27341

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:05:50 AM

... or you got those FPGA that were rumored to be coming to work  Wink.
Kevlar

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:07:09 AM

Sorry, it was a mistype. I'm using guiminer-scrypt, and i'm not quite that stupid.

I've updated my bios to the newest revision, and thanks to some of offbyone's settings, getting better hashrates, closer to 500 at unusable mouse party.

I honestly think 560 as my afk setting is about the best I'm going to do, though. Not sure how people are nailing 700+ but my temps spike up to 90 pretty fast even at the suggested settings. I'll post/update more but again, anyone else with the same card has settings or suggestions, please fire away.

(especially if you have a "I get 500kh/s and can still use that display to game" magical setting.... )

I've had nothing but grief tryin' to get guiminer-* to pump hashes. Scrypt, BTC, whatever. Doesn't matter. 60% hash rate.

CGMiner is great, Ufasoft's coin-miner is great, reaper is great. Reaper can actually outperform most of them but crashes more often. YMMV.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Shaban

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:14:12 AM

I have 3 of these cards and I get about 1400kh/s total using reaper. I could be getting more, but if I push my intensity higher than 15 I overheat. Once I get risers I will push them to their limit. Use reaper and try messing with your gpu thread concurrency. Mine is at 20480 i-15, I believe and I get a pretty decent hashrate
roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:15:11 AM

Are you setting powertune to +20? That's needed to turn "off" the power saving feature that will drop your clock speed now and then.
offbyone

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:02:05 AM

I'm not sure about previous versions of Asus GPU tweak, but the current beta version has ability to draw a manual fan curve which you can use to aggressively lower the temperature. With the case open, these cards run at about 76 C doing 575 kHs.

I don't consider gaming while mining. The ATI driver will crash if I even attempt to do that. 
Simran

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 03:14:32 AM

I have the same reference card, secret is to go into MSI Afterburner and set power limit to +20, with that I now get 650 kH/s off each 7950 I have! Cheesy and more stable too!

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
Punkonjunk (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:42:37 AM

I don't mean gaming on that monitor, I mean keeping my mouse stable and usable, so I can came on a display plugged into another graphics card, or my APU gfx.

Lots of tips, and yes +20% power is set. I've got a few things that are getting me 600khs, but the problem is, it's HOT. I'm looking for good settings that aren't going to melt the thing. I've found that a lower TC is generally pretty helpful, and usually gets me a similar or better hashrate over huge ones in the 24k range, mostly 8192.

BitHits

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 09:34:36 AM

I used to swear by GUIMiner

Then I tried to mine an altcurrency ... and everything went to hell.

Started using CGMiner via GUIMiner at the time. Been using it since.

While this isnt the same chipset, it is the same manufacture and brander on my 5750. These are the settings i use for LTC

Code:
--scrypt --gpu-threads 2 --shaders 800 --thread-concurrency 2400,2400 -I 9 --auto-fan --auto-gpu --round-robin --gpu-engine 150-725 --gpu-memclock 300-1200 --gpu-fan 70-100 --verbose --temp-target 72 --temp-overheat 78 --temp-cutoff 84 -w 256

Granted I'm only getting about 60-80Khash/sec I'm not expecting much.

I get about 160MHash when mining BTC with similiar settings Smiley

Also I'm using Catalyst 13.1 - Had to screw around with OpenCL/APP SDK a bit to get .. ANY performance at all.

I can mine for days on end leaving PC unattended and my GPU will only be 73C when I finally get back to it Tongue

Free BTC http://beta.BitHits.info BTC 1DNNERMT5MMusfYnCBfcKCBjBKZWBC5Lg2 DGC DH2Pm4VXxsTeqUYZkEySU1c8p5TLvuLe8u LTC LP2QiL1pnsaKVX5Qa811pFJuFL8FxkxWRz
Punkonjunk (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 11:11:45 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2013, 11:33:10 PM by Punkonjunk

I did discover something. Pointer trails does NOT agree with mining. it puts a heavy tax on the GPU while mining, and I have no idea why. Disabling that helped a lot, but the myriad of settings I've tried have continually fucked up, even running the fan at 75%, it was only stable for about 2 hours and it crashed. Higher than 75, and the fan is too loud to sleep in another room.

EDIT:

Can anyone confirm this videocard is voltage locked? I can't seem to get voltage settings with MSI afterburner to apply, it always reports stock which is.... high. 12.5ish. If I could undervolt this bitch, I'd be set for loooower temps!

txmasut

Activity: 280

Vantacor

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 11:25:44 PM

I have 10 of these cards on risers with a fan blowing on them and at I=20 etc.. I am at 71c and 640 hash each.

If you need settings and specifics pm me and I'll see what I can do to help ya, maybe do a remote teamviewer so I can make sure nothing else is messing up your system.

Vantacor Mining Store
Amazon.com Mining Store
BTC-1488ZE5vUFxUbxNLdcQoaHQkx1qxYXPgNM LTC-Le9LVJKz5bu2prQicazidFmSDo3ucTSX81 Rep Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200743.msg2095050#msg2095050
Punkonjunk (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 11:34:51 PM

if you know what you're using/how you're changing voltage, I should be set: are you able to undervolt these cards at all?

txmasut

Vantacor

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 11:37:32 PM

if you know what you're using/how you're changing voltage, I should be set: are you able to undervolt these cards at all?

1.1v 1100core 1575 mem

--intensity 20 --shaders 1792 --worksize 256 -v 1 --gpu-threads 1 --thread-concurrency 24000

Vantacor Mining Store
Amazon.com Mining Store
BTC-1488ZE5vUFxUbxNLdcQoaHQkx1qxYXPgNM LTC-Le9LVJKz5bu2prQicazidFmSDo3ucTSX81 Rep Thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200743.msg2095050#msg2095050
txmasut

Vantacor

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 11:41:20 PM

Oh, and make sure you do +20% power in overclocking software and also do:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

Vantacor Mining Store
Amazon.com Mining Store
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: