Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:31:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining on android. Is it even worth it?  (Read 2173 times)
Shafay (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:07:32 PM

Mobile mining apps on play store? Did anybody tried it? Is it even worth it or not?
I tried minergate app and getting 8 h/s on bytecoin/xmr on my Motorola moto x. But the phone heats up and battery drain fast. Well I was just testing the app.

Somewhere I read Samsung s6 edge is giving 2m/h on scrypt algo? Is it even real?

What is your mining exp on mobile devices?
There are even bitcoin mining app on android lol  cmon it gonna take ages to mine btc with android Cheesy

Head to # for the latest updates on Tech, Motherboards, and PC Gaming.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shafay (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 01:30:24 PM

Mobile mining apps on play store? Did anybody tried it? Is it even worth it or not?
I tried minergate app and getting 8 h/s on bytecoin/xmr on my Motorola moto x. But the phone heats up and battery drain fast. Well I was just testing the app.

Somewhere I read Samsung s6 edge is giving 2m/h on scrypt algo? Is it even real?

What is your mining exp on mobile devices?
There are even bitcoin mining app on android lol  cmon it gonna take ages to mine btc with android Cheesy

I think, the mobile mining is not profitable. The mobile gpu and cpu unit is too low, and It will overburn your mobile. It is not a good idea. Sad

Same, my mobile seem was getting cooked when I test the app

isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 01:35:53 PM

I think crypto mining on a phone is a good way to start a campfire...you'll also have to leave the phone plugged in.

Phone processors aren't tested at high temps for extensive periods of times. If they are nvidia unit's they're probably only tested from -38 to 140c

If you were to dismantle the phone and attach a heatsink/fan to the apu then maybe. Otherwise I give your phone a few days at most.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 01:41:13 PM

No, and I never tried it on my phone. According to my friends their phone is getting hotter when they mine btc using it. I am very cautious and hesitant to try, I might damage my mobile phone and lost more money than mining it.  Grin

Just like also laptop CPU mining, I will not recommend it. Its a waste of resources,time and effort.

Open for Campaigns
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 01:41:46 PM

I think crypto mining on a phone is a good way to start a campfire...you'll also have to leave the phone plugged in.

Phone processors aren't tested at high temps for extensive periods of times. If they are nvidia unit's they're probably only tested from -38 to 140c

If you were to dismantle the phone and attach a heatsink/fan to the apu then maybe. Otherwise I give your phone a few days at most.

Maybe next Bear Grylls episode will start with a campfire started with a smartphone used for mining  Wink
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 01:57:38 PM

Why wait for him when you could try it at home?
Shafay (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 04:45:59 PM

No, and I never tried it on my phone. According to my friends their phone is getting hotter when they mine btc using it. I am very cautious and hesitant to try, I might damage my mobile phone and lost more money than mining it.  Grin

Just like also laptop CPU mining, I will not recommend it. Its a waste of resources,time and effort.

Just hope your friend don't have Samsung note 7 mate 😂😂

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: