Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:14:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: THE Ultimate Killer App for Bitcoin  (Read 2618 times)
Bruce Wagner (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 15, 2010, 01:18:04 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2010, 01:30:49 AM by brucewagner

THE Ultimate Killer App for Bitcoin

I can say it in 4 words:     Bitcoin App for Android

Here it is.

The Bitcoin App for Android is free in the Android Market.  

It works exactly like the desktop Bitcoin app, with a few differences:

- It's interface is optimized for mobile Android touchscreens
  - It maintains its own Bitcoin wallet, separately from your desktop wallet
  - It's capable of quickly sending and receiving payments of any size
  - Transactions can (optionally) be designated for super-fast processing for a very small fee
  - Recipients Bitcoin address can be scanned from a QR code, or exchanged via Bluetooth, or via SMS, or
  - Recipients Bitcoin address can automatically be exchanged via email with one button tap
  - Transactions are presented with full details for final confirmation before being sent
  - Every user can act as both as "Merchant" (recipient) and/or a "Customer" (sender)
  - Transaction Logs can be exported and emailed with one button tap for external record-keeping
  - The app does Not need to be running to receive funds
  - Bitcoin Address Book is fully integrated into the standard Android Contacts address book -- using two new fields:
          "Bitcoin Address - Sending" and
          "Bitcoin Address - Receiving"... for each contact.  
  - Free Open Source Software

Perfect for both, Merchants, selling goods and services, and Customers, buying goods and services, all on the fly --- totally mobile.

Virtually free of transaction costs.

As anonymous as you want to be.

______

The attached image file is the QR Code of my Bitcoin address: 1LJZ3y3BpwM6X2doy21AGnpdXE78sYqy3s

That is an example of what would display on the screen of my phone, for the other party to "scan" with their phone's camera... to send me bitcoin.

The QR Code could also be prominently displayed on a decal on the cash register, the menu, and/or the bill.

Now....     Who wants to develop it and make it real?

This would revolutionize bitcoin the way smartphones have revolutionized the internet, email, etc.

Every human would automatically have their own "Merchant Account" --- no credit approval required.    In fact, no name or address required!

True Digital Cash
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ByteCoin

Activity: 416
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 15, 2010, 01:24:07 AM

Great. So what would you like to buy using Bitcoins and what do you have that you are willing to sell in return for Bitcoins?
Solve that and I'll admit you have a useful app.

ByteCoin
Bruce Wagner (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 15, 2010, 01:57:45 AM

Great. So what would you like to buy using Bitcoins and what do you have that you are willing to sell in return for Bitcoins?

Ummmm.   Everything?

Basically, EVERYTHING you now use cash for....

My buddy owns a convenience store.  He already has an Android phone.  I guarantee you that if this app were available, I could easily talk him into accepting Bitcoin for all purchases in his store.   What does he sell?   Milk, eggs, soda, cookies, candy, bread, newspapers, batteries, and on and on...

Someone owns a coffee shop.   In Manhattan, some of the coffee shops are sort of "bohemian meccas of geek culture".  They would LOVE to try something like this!   And the geekazoid technoweenie customers would take to it instantly!

Ironically, at the other end of the political spectrum, in the Libertarian mecca states where militias live, and the Liberty Dollar is still promoted...  Those guys would LOVE the opportunity to get an anonymous private currency into their hands!   One that they can use for buying everything from milk and bread to grain and farming supplies.   Anything to get the government OUT of their wallets.

Another friend of mine owns a Chinese restaurant.    I know for certain that she would love to use something like this.

My friend in Columbus, Ohio owns the largest dance instruction studio in the Midwest.   He wants his studio to accept Bitcoin.  He's now asking me to help him get set up to do so.

It's really no different than setting up a private "barter club" for a local business networking group.   What would the participants have to lose?   Nothing.   They'd have everything to gain!

I think that even the pot delivery man would take to something like this...  if only to avoid walking around with loads of cash on their person!

There really is NO limit to what this could and would be used for.

And that means, more and more and more opportunities to use Bitcoin, and to earn Bitcoin....  due to an ever increasing online DIRECTORY of places that ACCEPT Bitcoin.... and places that SELL Bitcoin for cash....

Basically, everyone with an Android phone would pretty much become a "store" of one sort or another...   and a customer too.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2010, 02:12:54 AM

ByteCoin

Everything. The dollar is on fire, I don't want them in my wallet any more.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 19, 2011, 02:29:46 AM

I'll bump this - I'm new but I'll bounty 250 bitcoins for this. Maybe we should start a pot?
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
January 19, 2011, 02:55:10 AM

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1812.0

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 19, 2011, 05:33:12 AM

I'll bump this - I'm new but I'll bounty 250 bitcoins for this. Maybe we should start a pot?

If you're new, how do you have 250 bitcoins?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2011, 05:41:25 AM

Couldn't new mean "just bought some coins"?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2011, 11:34:31 AM

Like I got most of my coins, buying them?

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
fabianhjr

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Do The Evolution

View Profile
January 19, 2011, 04:07:59 PM

Hey, I just realize you released this on Saturday 15th, my bday! Cheesy

Thanks! Now I am missing an android or convince my father that he doesn't _need_ his.(He just want to have high-tech stuff to bluff; He only uses it for calls) D:

Where can I get the source?

BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 19, 2011, 04:28:46 PM

Hey, I just realize you released this on Saturday 15th, my bday! Cheesy

Thanks! Now I am missing an android or convince my father that he doesn't _need_ his.(He just want to have high-tech stuff to bluff; He only uses it for calls) D:

Where can I get the source?
It doesn't actually exist yet. Smiley
fabianhjr

Activity: 322

Do The Evolution

View Profile
January 19, 2011, 05:25:48 PM

LOL, I was about to send BTC as donation for this. xD Eitherway I will just wait then and save for an Android.

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
January 19, 2011, 05:48:28 PM

LOL, I was about to send BTC as donation for this. xD Eitherway I will just wait then and save for an Android.

I am told cheap android phone is coming and it will displace dumbphone.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: