Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:24:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as Main Currency  (Read 6007 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
novemberwoah

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:14:04 PM

I disagree because I believe bitcoin will not be the main currency in any country including the United States because bitcoin is not to be used as main currency. Although it is recognized to be the currency in any country, but it is only as an alternative from main currency. If that happens maybe bitcoin has not become anonymous and will be a big tax because there will be a rule from government, bitcoin will be change in total.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:29:13 PM

I was just curious but, what would you guys think if Bitcoin was the main currency of America. Would you like it and agree with it or would you agree with the current main currencie(s) we have.

Let Bitcoin be the currency of eceryone and not just America as the decentralization was just created to make it have its independence from any government or system hence we cannot allow American or any single country monopolize Bitcoin.
staceyoh

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:30:45 PM

We all know that bitcoin is very
popular around the world but
I do not see bitcoin as a main
currency, I like bitcoin on what it is now.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 02:36:46 PM

Nope, I think we are in right position that is clearly distinguishing fiat currencies and cryptocurrencies. It would create many conflicts if any government is adopting bitcoin as a main/official currency of that country. Being in a decentralised phase, bitcoin (and we) are enjoying the freedom of transactions and freedom from boundaries so I would say, let it be like this forever.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:37:58 PM

I do not think that bitcoin has what it needs to become a main currency.
First of all, I think that the process of decision making is way to slow in the bitcoin system.
A currency must have the capability to react on circumstances of the economy, and I do not see that is given with bitcoin.

It's me!!!
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:45:01 PM

I was just curious but, what would you guys think if Bitcoin was the main currency of America. Would you like it and agree with it or would you agree with the current main currencie(s) we have.

I think that would be a terrible thing, cause if that happened right now it would cost a fortune to make daily transactions for everything.
FasTroy

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:03:31 PM

No, i don't agree with that. I don't think that bitcoin became a main currency in america or in the whole world.
First, because bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and second for secure transactions without fees, they never allow it like a main currency.
For me, I like bitcoin like that.

savioroshan

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:08:24 PM

Its nice to hear like that. But if bitcoin is made as the main currency ,it will affect the governments revenue and that will cause to weaken the country's economy. In my opinion if everybody start using bitcoin has the main currency, since all the transactions are anonymous , government wont get any revenue as tax from the people. So in my opinion the present system is really good and bitcoin payment should be made as an alternative or as on option.
ko0ll0ove

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:08:53 PM

I don't think bitcoin could be a main currency of any country because of many reasons. cryptocurrency is an anonymous coin which can not be tracked or controlled so thats not good for government and national security. Lets say that more and more people start to use bitcoin, even more than 75% users in a country use it but ofcourse, the "headquarter" will never approve it. Although bitcoin has many good figures like fast transactions, can't be inflated,... but you have to amit that bitcoin is very hard to be the main currency of any nation.
noel2123

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:12:17 PM

It would be possible if bitcoin value can compete on US dollar. First of all, we know that US dollar is one our main currency. We should promote first the bitcoin, to make bitcoin be the main currency. We shall see the future of our money, we know that our paper money will be bitcoin. Our paper money would possible to be obsolete.
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 03:23:16 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2017, 01:45:01 PM by mrjoy15

Bitcoin is a digital currency, which based on internet. Bitcoin already spread all over the world so their definitely a chance might be popular as day by day. Though it will be really how imagine if bitcoin is a currency of one country, but I don't like it at all. There so many difficulties might be created. While we all using this currency smoothly like as the main currency without having any issue there It is not necessary Bitcoin will be used mandatory.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:35:30 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2017, 03:46:03 PM by iqlimasyadiqa

I certainly support it. if true then it could become a bitcoin digital currency is very strong. america government has a tremendous impact on the world. if bitcoin starts here then the future looks bitcoin is very bright .
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:45:41 PM

That's not fair. Let it continue to be used as the alternate to banking and our traditional fiats. Bitcoin becoming the currency of America will make them grow high and not us, so I expect bitcoin to get served same as now.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
the.jack20

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 04:23:34 PM

Why not?

Personally I would be happy with this situation. But it is not possible for any government to accept the bitcoin as its main currency.
States do not want what they can not control.

As far as I know, the world only accepts the Liberland bitcoin as the official currency.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 04:39:17 PM

I personally agree if bitcoin be main currency. but, I feel that bitcoin main currency on the internet. for paypal or others are merely a payment processor, and cryptocurrency currency here on the internet, and bitcoin is the main currency in cryptocurrency
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 04:49:08 PM

With the current price for bitcoin it's just impossible. Bitcoin is limited by the number of 21 millions and it will be just not enough for all citizens of the US. But I like the idea about making bitcoin as mail world's currency, to achieve that bitcoin has to cost really a lot.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 04:58:25 PM

With the current price for bitcoin it's just impossible. Bitcoin is limited by the number of 21 millions and it will be just not enough for all citizens of the US. But I like the idea about making bitcoin as mail world's currency, to achieve that bitcoin has to cost really a lot.
I am agree. The simple calculation tells us to bitcoin started to be used over the world as clinal currency the price has to be very high. And in this case people will use mostly mBTC or even Satoshies as dollar and Cent.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 05:03:23 PM

I dont think soo that this thing will happen specially on us which we all know that they are strict when it comes to tax implementations and we all know that bitcoin decentralized and cant be controlled and government will surely prohibit on this thing for sure.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 05:41:15 PM

I think to be a main currency is impossible, because the government will not let theirs replaced. Unless they use bitcoin technology to make their fiat become digital, but I think it will not be a decentralized anymore.

Let bitcoin be used by the unorganized sector only and not by the governments. Because if money hungry government starts using it, then the general bitcoin users will be doomed soon enough. Either they will be put behind the bars or their bitcoin holdings will be take away by the government. So let it be at the same place as it is now.

Agree with this.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 05:42:31 PM

Even if individuals wanted the coin to be the main currency, the government still have the final say on what becomes what. And looking at the historical analysis, as developed as America is, people have grown to known dollars as their currency in which other countries have even keep their foreign reserves in that currency in which we can still not separate the influence of America from. Also, the notion that bitcoin is used by hackers so they cannot be traced is even still there among other campaigns against bitcoin. So in my own opinion, I will go with the idea that, bitcoin should be what it is until when its time for people to absorb it...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: