Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:01:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as Main Currency  (Read 6009 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
citywise2

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 03:52:00 PM

If may think it is good for allow bit coin to be used as one general currency for it transpellency. Bit coin is one of the most value able currency in the world. I think bit coin needs world leaders support.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:08:37 PM

No if that's the case then i will definitely not use it because Government will have the record of everything since they will be thinking of themselves and this not what we all bitcoin users want it.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 06:17:45 PM

I strongly agree that in the future bitcoin could be serve as the primary virtual currency that is used throughout the world. The user bitcoin is very much. development and growth also increased rapidly in many sectors.

We are not sure about this.  today yes Bitcoin could possibly serve as the primary virtual currency but contender will do all things to take the title from Bitcoin.  If this scalability issue is not solved, I bet People will move out of Bitcoin thinking they had enough of delays and move to an altcoin that scale and have more advance feature than Bitcoin.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Shady

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Life is a game, you either play it or get played.

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:25:32 PM

My primary currency is USD, but I use BTC as a secondary for all digital holdings. I never get to the point to buy too many things using Bitcoin because the price seems to always go up in large amounts.

If it comes to a time when more opportunity arises, i'd much rather invest with it instead of for consumption.

Chin Cheng

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:30:54 PM

No if that's the case then i will definitely not use it because Government will have the record of everything since they will be thinking of themselves and this not what we all bitcoin users want it.
What is wrong in it if you are not doing anything illegal. what happens when you are a law abiding citizen even if government spy on you there is nothing they can do against me .But i would like to have some freedom and i do not want to fear the government nor anyone peeping into my assets.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:35:46 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 10:06:19 AM by geopolisch

This is the future, ...our money will be in crypto currency. Soon all people will use a crypto currency, wallets are already embed inside our body thru microchip implants. Transactions are cashless.

Your post sounds like the messages of the end times. Hope it doesn't end in microchip implants and all those signs of the antichrist.

But not impossible if implanted chip will be used in future. For now, chip only used as a GPS to track whereabouts of a person, many people are happy to wear it for safety reasons, including also used by army. Radiation system has been refined and safe to use.

If Bitcoin planted in people wrist, in future we will only use barcode scanner for every short distance transaction. No more need to use your wallet and bank accounts, banks only need to save identity and transaction data only. If this is done by majority people in the world, FIAT is no longer needed as a major currency.
I really don’t think that it is a good idea to implement these kind of things into people’s hands or wrists because that could lead to potential security breaches and people get their private keys stolen and that will cause a lot of problems, I mean we could have like a plastic card that contains our bitcoin address that would be better idea.

To make bitcoin, there are lot of simple ideas are available. I do not think it would take more complex process like implanting kind of things.

Once people realize the true advantages of bitcoin, they will leave off fiats and will embrace bitcoins. That time bitcoin will start getting the status of being main currency, as of now it might need some time to get that status. But it will happen for sure.
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 05:45:19 PM

Bitcoin as a main currency is not possible in the near future. Volatility is a major factor which does not allow governments to give consideration as a main currency or a currency to circulate. Recent days it has got little changes in the volatility.
I agree to you , Bitcoin is not possible to become the main currency of course government wouldnt allow that. Im sure Government will lose their control in the currency they use if bitcoin replace them. We know bitcoin is anonymously used.
Satlite

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:50:53 PM

If may think it is good for allow bit coin to be used as one general currency for it transpellency. Bit coin is one of the most value able currency in the world. I think bit coin needs world leaders support.

If the bitcoin has 1 billion users, it might be the most valuable currency. But it has long way to go.
Reid

Activity: 2898
Merit: 642

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:56:40 PM

If the bitcoin has 1 billion users, it might be the most valuable currency. But it has long way to go.

That is way too long to achieve.
Many time I have thought about that too. But it is also scary.
It will get a lot of attention from the government of different countries and might be the end of bitcoin.
A billion user with the freedom to just transact without tax could also lead to making the government officials to make laws that would tax every transaction.
We dont know if it will be fair or not, we know those greedy bastards.
RhodaGila

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:01:06 PM

It is about the possibility, if it be, but it will be tough going, I think this is something different, Bitcoin and fiat money. Let them into something sustainable and mutually profitable and running on each track. We do not want Bitcoin controlled by the government and controlled by some investors and speculators.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:07:39 PM

Bitcoin can stand alone and can be a main currency because it has a lot of features which we can take advantage of. One of them is being fast on doing transactions like transferring and receiving bitcoins from short and longer locations, So it will be a great idea for people who want faster transactions and also a cheaper fees to pay because bitcoin already have those. Second is bitcoin is safe so even you are ordering an item online or whether paying in person, you don't need to worry about your personal informations because bitcoin does have anonymity feature.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1344
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 06:19:38 PM

The truth we do not know exactly how many bitcoin users in the internet.. and maybe we already touch in billions of bitcoin users..
For now there is still no exact result how many users are so for me we are nearly in billions we are not in thousand users since the price of bitcoin is high if the price could be increase more high there is the possibility that more people are using bitcoin..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1004

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:25:09 PM

It is about the possibility, if it be, but it will be tough going, I think this is something different, Bitcoin and fiat money. Let them into something sustainable and mutually profitable and running on each track. We do not want Bitcoin controlled by the government and controlled by some investors and speculators.
Well, I think fiat and bitcoin is a different thing but have the same function. I believe, that bitcoin will someday be recognized as the major currencies. Well, although bitcoin be major currencies, we are not going to stop using fiat, because bitcoin may only be used as a means of international transactions.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 08:15:52 AM

Bitcoin has high fees transaction, so if bitcoin be used for daily transaction,
 it is not good because must pay high fees especially for small amount of transaction.
Bitcoin is place for save values like gold than be used as currency at least for right now,
but if the developers has good solution for the block size problem there is chance bitcoin
become main currency.
Dhoe

Activity: 1442
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 08:34:40 AM

I do not see bitcoin being a main currency, because being a main currency means being centralized and control by government.  Bitcoin is fitted being an alternative currency, it is its nature, decentralized and free from any regulatory grasp of the government.
If someday the Government successfully adopts bitcoin as official currency,
whether it's going to be a problem in the  cryptocurrency world ?
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 08:48:42 AM

I am sure than one day, bitcoin will be one of the dominant currency in the world. But I don't think the other official currency will be disappeared. At least in the near future.
zoho

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:02:26 AM

I was just curious but, what would you guys think if Bitcoin was the main currency of America. Would you like it and agree with it or would you agree with the current main currencie(s) we have.
eventhough bitcoin exists all over the world, the value of main currency will remain the same as many people are comfortable with it. if it becomes main currency, obviously people will suffer but not for long period of time. they will practice to use it as main currency.
Gwerrahar

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:11:24 AM

I was just curious but, what would you guys think if Bitcoin was the main currency of America. Would you like it and agree with it or would you agree with the current main currencie(s) we have.
Well it depends on the situation.
I would if it keeps all the freedom and low fees of the Bitcoin.
I wouldn't if it will be like the dollar that we now have
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:29:19 AM

I was not agree bitcoin be the main currency but the second currency though bitcoin has an advantage over but the anonymity that makes tools for committing criminal acts by malicious people

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
paul gatt

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 12:12:48 PM

it may happen in the future, however, it will be a very long road. it only begins when people Bitcoin is recognized as a legal currency, there is a lot of trouble at the moment, so it would be very unlikely. I feel excited if it happens. but there are many different countries using Bitcoin, why did you choose USA? something favorable than in other countries or not? I think, it will be easy to place more countries have recognized Bitcoin, they already have the technology and tools used in everyday life Bitcoin, it is very amazing, we absolutely can be confident about the future of Bitcoin in those countries
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: