Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:39:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer - MtGoxUSD wall movement tracker - Softcore Lounge  (Read 32307 times)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 04:43:47 AM

Cheesy

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:41:03 AM

what happened to the old thread?

I was looking forward to page 1337

adam closed it down and made a new one with tight rules, so I made this one with no rules to try to keep the loungy spirit. It's a free market, so let's see which one get's to 1337 first Wink

You stole my lounge idea  Cry

altho I will say you capitalized on adam's name change to "hardcore" quite well by using the title "softcore", tip of the hat

Thanks for both tip of hat and lounge idea.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:42:15 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2013, 05:55:05 AM by molecular

Cheesy

AWESOME!

have a tea and cookie. feel right at home!

EDIT: I think you're right with the projection. At least in principle (the timing might be off, not sure).

What makes me think that? The huge orderbook.

Let's discuss two options:

1.) we're going down: if the price tanks and there is another panic the bids will get filled and more bids will appear. People like rpietila who had their buying point set too low ($32-$50) for the last drop will get satisfied. That's much USD and it's even more BTC (compared to what happened above $50), so a lot of coins will change hands. (I sincerely hope they come from old-timers and traders, not people who got in above and sell at a loss).

2.) we're going up: if we go back to sustained rally mode the USD is going to chase the price up and many of the asks are going to be pulled or moved.

I think 2.) will happen. Even if 1.) happens, 2.) will happen afterwards. Why do I think that: because bitcoin is fundamentally a good idea and people know it. The USD holders want in and the BTC holders really are just plagued by fear but want more BTC, too.

Bold prediction: these are cheap coins right now and price wont stay at $90 for long.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
ManBearPig

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 05:44:56 AM

post wall pix, softcore pix, comic strips, animated gifs or whatever.

yell "SELL SELL SELL" or "BUY BUY BUY".

post random ramblings, analysis, flames.

pour your heart and random thoughts at ease... enjoy the softcore lounge.

Yes sir. Good to be back on board.

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
ManBearPig

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 05:51:08 AM

I am new to watching markets of any kind so please forgive the n00b nature of this question.

During the last big run I noticed that there were constantly big minute to minute swings in the price, by big I mean it seemed to fluctuate up and down 5, 10, or even 15 dollars at a time before it would shoot up another 20. Since the "crash" I have noticed that the highs and lows are a lot closer together, there was a little bit of 5-10 dollar fluctuation right after the recovery from the 50 dollar low, but it has gotten to the point where the ticker only varies by 2 to 3 dollars at most. My gut tells me that this is a good sign, but I wonder if it really is and what does it mean exactly.

Thanks!

True there were only a couple of swing trade opportunities yesterday. One day these movements will be a thing of the past and would be expected of a mature online currency. At the extremes, price movements will be of a much larger percentage.

Long periods of sideways movement are consolidation and on the run-up to the high were generally always "fuel for the rocket".

It will be interesting to see if this happens again or whether the next general trend is upwards but cautious.

But ultimately, these things as with everything do move in cycles!

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:55:57 AM

ManBearPig thanks for answering the noob question. I was going to do it but forgot.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 06:20:59 AM

Cheesy

AWESOME!

EDIT: I think you're right with the projection. At least in principle (the timing might be off, not sure).

1.) we're going down: if the price tanks and there is another panic the bids will get filled and more bids will appear. People like rpietila who had their buying point set too low ($32-$50) for the last drop will get satisfied. That's much USD and it's even more BTC (compared to what happened above $50), so a lot of coins will change hands. (I sincerely hope they come from old-timers and traders, not people who got in above and sell at a loss).

2.) we're going up: if we go back to sustained rally mode the USD is going to chase the price up and many of the asks are going to be pulled or moved.

I think 2.) will happen. Even if 1.) happens, 2.) will happen afterwards. Why do I think that: because bitcoin is fundamentally a good idea and people know it. The USD holders want in and the BTC holders really are just plagued by fear but want more BTC, too.

Bold prediction: these are cheap coins right now and price wont stay at $90 for long.

almost everyone will agree to " if 1.) happens, 2.) will happen afterwards " this is why its going to recover fast and, keep fucking going!

...I have a target set, I will be doing many parabolic moves upward in order to entice early adopters to sell their hoards... I start the rally, I get it going parabolic, then I complete stop supporting it, it comes crashing down, I buy in ( not too fast, gata milk it... ) and i do it again. i'll keep doing this till my target is reached. who am I? I am the market!

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 06:22:48 AM

Softcore lounge...does this mean no market penetration?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
ManBearPig

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 06:27:11 AM

ManBearPig thanks for answering the noob question. I was going to do it but forgot.

You're welcome Smiley

Ares

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 07:29:22 AM

batcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

In Gord We Trust

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 07:52:07 AM

Cheesy

AWESOME!

If you have more than 0.01BTC and complain about early adopters, please consider donating to this address: 1P11Dz4mhDcJvetHqEJu35KNEVqSRmqo3b
General Tips: 1P4YfrYwQKKtfwszzb2aHgLVLiWQCrJfwi
hobbes

Activity: 128
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:18:28 AM

what about this: https://mtgox.com/press_release_20130409.html no more unfunded orders after 2013-04-17

Seems like I can still do it. Am I Chuck Norris or what?

ManBearPig

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 09:31:17 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2013, 10:02:21 AM by ManBearPig

Yeah I checked that too.

I tried it, it allowed my unfunded order and showed under Open Orders but it didn't appear on the order book at Clark Moody.

Edit: I put a Bid in I don't have enough cash to fund, the order appeared only to the amount of cash I DO have.

ManBearPig

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 10:48:31 AM

Lag at >2 minutes, no volume - hold on tight.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 10:50:16 AM

going down already? Cool
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 11:01:16 AM

I will now make my long term prediction:

It shall go up and down and then up and then crash.

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 11:09:19 AM

almost everyone will agree to " if 1.) happens, 2.) will happen afterwards " this is why its going to recover fast and, keep fucking going!

...I have a target set, I will be doing many parabolic moves upward in order to entice early adopters to sell their hoards... I start the rally, I get it going parabolic, then I complete stop supporting it, it comes crashing down, I buy in ( not too fast, gata milk it... ) and i do it again. i'll keep doing this till my target is reached. who am I? I am the market!

I would like to order from silkraod what adam ordered.

molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 11:11:22 AM

Just do it gently and take the pic from the right angle and all will be good.

hobbes

Activity: 128
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 11:14:25 AM

Yeah I checked that too.

I tried it, it allowed my unfunded order and showed under Open Orders but it didn't appear on the order book at Clark Moody.

Edit: I put a Bid in I don't have enough cash to fund, the order appeared only to the amount of cash I DO have.
It was always like that. Otherwise you could too easily manipulate the depth charts.

It means that MtGox has not yet run the update.

I would like to order from silkraod what adam ordered.

Adam you are not the Winklevii!

ManBearPig

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 11:29:00 AM

It was always like that. Otherwise you could too easily manipulate the depth charts.

It means that MtGox has not yet run the update.

Right, OK.

Never really tested it before - makes sense Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: