Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:46:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PenguinDice: An Open Source Bitcoin Dice Betting Tor Hidden Service  (Read 302 times)
penguindice (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 10:38:46 PM

Hello Bitcointalk Members,

I am announcing an open source dice betting tor hidden service called PenguinDice. The onion address is:

penguinsyuo2gtvz.onion

You'll need the tor browser to access the site. You can download that here:

https://www.torproject.org/

There are already a bunch of bitcoin dice gambling sites out there, so what's unique about this one? PenguinDice was designed with tor users in mind. It implements the following tor-friendly features:

1. Since it's a hidden service, tor users don't have to worry about MITM attacks from malicious exit nodes (which are common when accessing clearnet sites over tor).

2. The site uses a username and password login. Other dice betting sites try to make the player's life easier by automatically setting a browser cookie that will allow the user to access his/her account later without logging in. The tor browser clears cookies when closed. So a username/password login system is necessary for tor users.

3. The site functions without JavaScript, Flash, or any other insecure browser add-ons that tor users tend to keep disabled for security reasons.

A few important facts:

1. The house edge is 1%.

2. The site is open-source! Users may download the site's MySQL and PHP code.

3. Withdrawal transactions are sent immediately with adequate transaction fees, so you won't have to deal with long waits for withdrawals to complete.

The main disadvantage to this site right now is that the betting maximums are low (0.0002 to 0.001 btc per roll, depending on what number you want to bet on). So you're not going to win (or lose) huge amounts at once like on the big sites. I hope, however, to raise the betting maximums as the site gets more users.

As far as I know, this is the only dice betting hidden service out there (though please do tell me if you know of others).

This is a brand-new site and thus feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

-Penguiner

PS: For those of you curious about tor: Tor (or The Onion Router) is an anonymity network that you access with the tor browser. Why use tor? When you use tor, your ISP doesn't know which sites you're accessing and can't block what you view. And web sites you visit don't know your true IP address, and thus can't restrict your access based on where you live. The tor browser also comes with security features (like NoScript and HTTPS-Everywhere) to keep you safer from malware and phishing sites.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: