Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:55:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone crack my etherum wallet?  (Read 479 times)
mtwelve (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 03:13:54 AM

Forgot password, and it has a pretty significant sum (for me at least, around .85 BTC worth). I'm willing to offer 15% of it as a bounty to anyone that could assist me in recovering the password. PM me if more details are needed.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
isen

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:52:23 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2017, 04:20:03 AM by isen

Do you have the seed? If yes this enough to recover your coins if you delete your wallet download it again and choose a new password.
check the electrum faq page for more details http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html
mtwelve (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 12:23:12 PM

Do you have the seed? If yes this enough to recover your coins if you delete your wallet download it again and choose a new password.
check the electrum faq page for more details http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html

I'll check, I don't think I do.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
0xfff

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 01:33:55 PM

Have you considered using a script like this for example: https://github.com/lexansoft/ethcracker
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:49:15 PM

Have you considered using a script like this for example: https://github.com/lexansoft/ethcracker

That is a good tip. OP would need lots of processing power for cracking it tho. Afaik, that program is for bruteforcing.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:11:00 PM

Forgot password, and it has a pretty significant sum (for me at least, around .85 BTC worth). I'm willing to offer 15% of it as a bounty to anyone that could assist me in recovering the password. PM me if more details are needed.

Two solutions:
-You have the seeds. Then you don't really need us and you wouldn't post here as you're not new I guess.
-You don't have the seeds, then only bruteforce will work (from what I know).

For bruteforce the important part will be "how much do your remember". Approximative passwords? Length? Some characters? Vague idea?
It can goes really quick for example if you know that the password is "something like alex89/" but if you don't have much data it will be nearly impossible.

Sorry then because I lost 0.3BTC like this so I feel you --'

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
0xfff

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:13:08 PM

That is a good tip. OP would need lots of processing power for cracking it tho. Afaik, that program is for bruteforcing.

OP can probably give an idea on what the password may be which would drastically reduce the required attempts.
mtwelve (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 03:35:38 PM

Two solutions:
-You have the seeds. Then you don't really need us and you wouldn't post here as you're not new I guess.

For bruteforce the important part will be "how much do your remember". Approximative passwords? Length? Some characters? Vague idea?
It can goes really quick for example if you know that the password is "something like alex89/" but if you don't have much data it will be nearly impossible.

I only have the backups in the my keystore file. So no seed :p.
I contacted wallet recovery services and seeing if they can help me out.

valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 04:55:38 PM

Two solutions:

I only have the backups in the my keystore file. So no seed :p.
I contacted wallet recovery services and seeing if they can help me out.

Well then I suppose you can say goodbye to your money ^^'
If I remember correctly no good wallet would let you get back your funds without the seeds!

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄