Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:19:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: i mined 7 hashes, why i see 0.00BTC in my wallet?  (Read 885 times)
naglis (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:17:36 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2013, 04:40:00 PM by naglis

im using GUIminer 2012-12-03, mined 7 hashes but my bitcoin wallet shows me that i havent received any of it. i linked my guiminer with my wallet, as it says in tutorial. solo utilities -> set bitcoin client path. with my 12Mhash i get  a hash like every 10 minutes so far.
WHY I DONT SEE ANY MONEY IN MY WALLET? (bitcoin version v08.1 - beta)

IM TRYING TO USE SLUSH WITH GUIMINER. I REGISTERED IN ITS SITE ECT, GOT MINERS USERNAME WITH PSW. I USE IT AND IT DOESNT CONNECT.
TUTORIAL PAGE SAIS I NEED TO CONNECT MINER TO FOLOWING URL, http://api.bitcoin.cz:8332 (Main pool URL) or ipv6.stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 (IPv6, only for Stratum miners) BUT THERE IS NO FIELD IN GUIMINER TO ADD IT. whats the problem?
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:24:56 PM

How many shares have you contributed to the pool? Does the pool support instance payout? What is the threshold?

7 hashes is close to nothing actually. 12Mhash is very very small number. If you do pool mining, you should keep GUIminer run for a week to see the result. 
DJTrey

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:26:23 PM

Just be patient!

I would be very appreciative to have your DOGES or CATS:
DOGE: DRMZmvq64viwnVe8KVAvdSi1ScAdLpAdt6
CAT: 9beNzJtiYtHF3YggE9k5EG4TbDy7QZ8Hbe
udet4food

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:26:56 PM

im using GUIminer 2012-12-03, mined 7 hashes but my bitcoin wallet shows me that i havent received any of it. i linked my guiminer with my wallet, as it says in tutorial. solo utilities -> set bitcoin client path. with my 12Mhash i get  a hash like every 10 minutes so far.

you have to be more patient, with every "hash" you getting a ticket that wins about 1 out of 8 million cases 25 BTC, otherwise 0 BTC. We call it gambling
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:47:56 PM

with my 12Mhash i get  a hash like every 10 minutes so far.

No, actually you're getting 12 million hashes every second.
naglis (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:34:58 PM

I tried solo mining. my m8 just said that its pointles work doing it with regular pc.

since i have GUIminer i see big list of pools, wich of them is best to choose/easiest to use? i tried to read a little and found huge pile of dificult information. best way for one click mining?

(found out that eligius pool doesnt requaires any registration, just asks to ad my wallet number to GUIminer and thats it AS I UNDERSTOOD) 
mantler

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:41:04 PM

You will most likely never win the 25 BTC reward with 12 MH/s.  You should be mining using a pool, not solo mining, with that hash rate.  I mined in a pool for a month with 410 MH/s and only made 0.7 BTC.
UncleMeat

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:42:53 PM

I tried solo mining. my m8 just said that its pointles work doing it with regular pc.

since i have GUIminer i see big list of pools, wich of them is best to choose/easiest to use? i tried to read a little and found huge pile of dificult information. best way for one click mining?

(found out that eligius pool doesnt requaires any registration, just asks to ad my wallet number to GUIminer and thats it AS I UNDERSTOOD) 

Many MANY different pools out there with different payout methods, different pooling methods (getwork vs stratum), different hashrates... I'm a n00b and still learning. Most of what I know I've learned here. What I've done? Read through the mining forum, tried various pools, and found something I liked (slush's).
cactinsane

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:45:53 PM

IMO it takes a while before you see results.
zellt5

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:52:02 PM

try bitparking and abc pool they are very noob firendly and seem pretty reliable but at such a low hash rate your probably still just spinning your wheels
naglis (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:00:01 PM

aand eligius after 15 mins gaved me long poll IO error..

GUIminer kas slush pool also. i add miners username, its pasword, and i getno JSON object could be decoded.  IO errors - 1, tolerance - 2

when i go read how to join slush, they say what is stratum

what is threshold?

what is namecoin?
Hyperbolical

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:06:06 PM

im using GUIminer 2012-12-03, mined 7 hashes but my bitcoin wallet shows me that i havent received any of it. i linked my guiminer with my wallet, as it says in tutorial. solo utilities -> set bitcoin client path. with my 12Mhash i get  a hash like every 10 minutes so far.
Each hash gives you a very small chance to win 25 BTC, you'll probably be better off in a pool.
nybbler905

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:47:45 PM

aand eligius after 15 mins gaved me long poll IO error..

GUIminer kas slush pool also. i add miners username, its pasword, and i getno JSON object could be decoded.  IO errors - 1, tolerance - 2

when i go read how to join slush, they say what is stratum

what is threshold?

what is namecoin?

OK, longpole IO error means some how you lost connection to their pool's longpole server, look on their site in case you missed some setting for long poles.  Usually long poles is for long waits between asking for and giving back data/results of hashing.

There are a few JSON object encoders out there, make sure you have the recomended software for it... if the error was in the last 48 hours, Slush's pool is still experiencing either the full DDos attack or the aftermath of one and the Stratum server ( as oposed to get work ) is not responding and could have sent corrupt JSON data.

Stratum is a weird beast where work is sent as chunks to workers so the worker holds a pile of work and does not have to ask each time for work to hash.  It lowers how much you access the server directly to say ' nope on that, give me more data to hash ' and make it ' group x to x+summin, nada, give me a bunch more '

Threshold is one thing i haven't figured out yet....

Namecoin is a convoluted IP naming system that is tied to a value of an IP name.  If you can not host names where you are on a 24/7 running system ( like me, I gota shut the pc off at night ) it's not worth it, however, if you have access to a server that can, it can be a copper mine ( lower than silver or gold, but still make money )

hope this rant helps someone out Smiley

Always looking for donations even as low as 1uBTC
14XfpYPdtYiGoEiDcKrSzuvBM3ukhwANUh - BTC
LS7FEfu9ajp3NQcDjui9TSKscwQesj9i8k - LTC
LHe9g5ixMyfdtqAEHU5vErG1eQrDshBFRW -Luckycoin
deathoxy

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:11:20 PM

Even mining more hashes in slush pool can easily get you 0btc.
The reason is that slush pool has pool-hoppers protection implemented,
and value of shares that were mined in the beginning of the round decays over time.
The consequence is that you'll get any money only if you'll submit shares in the last 5-10 minutes of a round.
And as you can never predict when round will end, this system rewards miners who maintain their connection to pool for a long time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: