Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:04:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what's means of "stratum from pool 0 requested work restart"?  (Read 43135 times)
supwang (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:18:13 PM

Hi, all:

When I mining with p2pool+cgminer, always show "stratum from pool 0 requested work restart". what does it means?
Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
evilpete

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:05:28 AM

The short version is that the work to produce the "next" block depends on the previous block.  The moment a new block is found, any in-progress searching is aborted because it won't produce anything useful.  This is important because it encourages a "found" block to be used and distributed quickly.

You should see this message each time the bitcoin network as a whole finds a new block.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi
supwang (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:32:23 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2013, 03:43:25 AM by supwang

The short version is that the work to produce the "next" block depends on the previous block.  The moment a new block is found, any in-progress searching is aborted because it won't produce anything useful.  This is important because it encourages a "found" block to be used and distributed quickly.

You should see this message each time the bitcoin network as a whole finds a new block.

Thank you.
Does it has any influence for the efficiency of mining? I found seems the increase speed of "accepted" reduced when this phrase appear over and over. (Is the psychological effect to me?)
mitty

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:06:43 AM

Thank you.
Does it has any influence for the efficiency of mining? I found seems the increase speed of "accepted" reduced when this phrase appear over and over. (Is the psychological effect to me?)
It might very briefly decrease your mining hashrate because of the time required to fetch new work from the pool/start working on the new work.  There's nothing you can really do about it though, other than switch to a conventional pool but that might not really make a huge difference in your hashrate so I think you're fine. Wink (it should be noted that p2pool has 10-second blocks so you'll see this message about once every 10 seconds.  That's why you can't use p2pool with devices that take a long time to start new work like BFL singles.)
supwang (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:42:25 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2013, 04:55:27 AM by supwang

It might very briefly decrease your mining hashrate because of the time required to fetch new work from the pool/start working on the new work.  There's nothing you can really do about it though, other than switch to a conventional pool but that might not really make a huge difference in your hashrate so I think you're fine. Wink (it should be noted that p2pool has 10-second blocks so you'll see this message about once every 10 seconds.  That's why you can't use p2pool with devices that take a long time to start new work like BFL singles.)

Thank you for your explain. Does it mean if I use "--fix-protocol" has no use for the hashrate?
Sorry for my poor english, you said that "That's why you can't use p2pool with devices that take a long time to start new work like BFL singles". Does it mean that I can not use p2pool+cgminer to mining 7*24?
mitty

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:29:08 PM

Fix protocol simply prevents CGminer/bfgminer from attempting to auto-switch any getwork pools to stratum/gbt. I think you would would only use this in special cases where you only want to use getwork. If anything, using fix protocol could decrease your hash rate since getwork is less efficient than stratum or gbt.

And the issue I described with p2pool only applies to BFL single FPGAs, not GPUs, so you should be fine. Smiley
(Yes, you can use it 24/7 with GPUs and it will work fine)
supwang (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:12:03 AM

Fix protocol simply prevents CGminer/bfgminer from attempting to auto-switch any getwork pools to stratum/gbt. I think you would would only use this in special cases where you only want to use getwork. If anything, using fix protocol could decrease your hash rate since getwork is less efficient than stratum or gbt.

And the issue I described with p2pool only applies to BFL single FPGAs, not GPUs, so you should be fine. Smiley
(Yes, you can use it 24/7 with GPUs and it will work fine)

Thank you. I'm using HD7970s*2 for mine now. Hope everything will be fine,hehe.
n00bl0r14n

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:41:24 PM

Greetings! This might seem dumb.

I run cgminer 3.12.3 with BF1 with the setup: "cgminer -o http://mint.bitminter.com:8332 -u username_worker -p random".
Does the mining just simpy stop or do I have to press the reset button (wich I just did) on the BitFury or will it continue automaticly after x time?

If so, is there any automated command for that?
Foysal

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Zazzles, cuz, well you know, he's Zazzy...

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 03:50:48 PM

Thank you.

Quick question.

I've just moved to a P2Pool for the first time (this morning) I have a mixed rig of block errupters and ant miner U1s - would they work ok with a P2Pool? Or do you think I would experience HW issues?

~Foyz

BTC: 1H8SMAxJE54SRXNZVtThWurc88KQFCeNC5
ETH: 0xe91f113f1d4Cd2910CacA6748c9D4CcD902D9014
Cryptocurrency has opened my eyes. If I've been helpful, you know what to do *points up*
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: