Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:08:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost my litecoin wallet password...  (Read 7421 times)
Duetschpire

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 12:11:21 AM

I've lost my litecoin wallet password  - the wallet from litecoin.org - any suggestions? ...I have a ton of litecoins in it and feeling VERY pissed off

I did the same to my WDC wallet yesterday, I think I miss spelt it twice, typo, whatever it was it just wasn't my pass (which I was like 1000% sure about as it's 24 hours old). Brute forcing with the letters (upper/lower), the characters and number I had in it, the software said it will finish in around (the next big bang) LULZ.

Here's how I fixed it: (windows 7, maybe 8 will work too)

I backed up all my wallets in my roaming folder, right click on the roaming folder, select properties, go on "Previous Versions" tab, select a version that has a date after you installed your wallet, but before you encrypted it (lucky for me that was easy as it's a new wallet/encryption)... click open, copy the wallet.dat file and paste it somewhere. Replace your wallet.dat file in your wallet with the extracted one (make sure you did back up the original!!!), when you open your litecoin-qt it will start syncing from scratch, but you'll notice that it's not encrypted.

It might take a day to sync, but HELL, who give a crap, you'll have your coins back :-)

If this put a smile back on your face, put one on mine, my address is below :-)

joshuaxls

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 01:36:32 AM

So sorry.
KlausMiner

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:19:41 AM

cant get them back bro
Suave

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:25:37 AM

DuetSchpire you are the man! Thank you so much for posting that. I was able to restore it to a previous version and it was unencrpyted. I can breathe again... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
kodo

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:33:26 AM

That's pretty funny, but if he has lost the password for his wallet, his coins are gone and he has nothing more to lose. On the other hand, perhaps computers will be powerful enough in a few years to crack the wallet's encryption.

Lmao! exactly what I was thinking
adrian-mx

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:43:40 AM

sorry for your lost dude, next time you should write your password and keep it in a safe place in case that happen again.
Duetschpire

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:01:20 AM

DuetSchpire you are the man! Thank you so much for posting that. I was able to restore it to a previous version and it was unencrpyted. I can breathe again... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Glad I could help :-)

If it was worth it, please consider donating for my rig below :-)

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 04:38:42 PM

I've lost my litecoin wallet password  - the wallet from litecoin.org - any suggestions? ...I have a ton of litecoins in it and feeling VERY pissed off

I did the same to my WDC wallet yesterday, I think I miss spelt it twice, typo, whatever it was it just wasn't my pass (which I was like 1000% sure about as it's 24 hours old). Brute forcing with the letters (upper/lower), the characters and number I had in it, the software said it will finish in around (the next big bang) LULZ.

Here's how I fixed it: (windows 7, maybe 8 will work too)

I backed up all my wallets in my roaming folder, right click on the roaming folder, select properties, go on "Previous Versions" tab, select a version that has a date after you installed your wallet, but before you encrypted it (lucky for me that was easy as it's a new wallet/encryption)... click open, copy the wallet.dat file and paste it somewhere. Replace your wallet.dat file in your wallet with the extracted one (make sure you did back up the original!!!), when you open your litecoin-qt it will start syncing from scratch, but you'll notice that it's not encrypted.

It might take a day to sync, but HELL, who give a crap, you'll have your coins back :-)

If this put a smile back on your face, put one on mine, my address is below :-)

i am trying this now but with the new client 0.8.3... keeping fingers crossed...
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 12:18:27 AM

damn turned out the other wallet files i had were from a different computer... there goes 40 ltc down the drain... all i remember was doing something clever for this passphrase...

address is LLGaRczHFJJ59Um6isRiq4For1PKxhbaEa
i3lome

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:45:28 AM

Contact the host, they maybe able to verfy you by your ip. If not gone for ever
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 01:36:58 AM

Contact the host, they maybe able to verfy you by your ip. If not gone for ever

this is a wallet on my PC
i3lome

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:42:33 AM

Oh sorry must of missed that. Only option is to bruteforce it. Do you have a buddy with a decent enough rig to crack it
litecoinjack

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:45:50 AM

As I just said on another post, I found a freeware that helped me recovering my bitcoin password.
Seems that this tool also works on litecoin and novacoin wallet. It can be downloaded for free on www.recoinvery.com - Tell me if it worked as great as it did for me
utarinues

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:49:28 AM

all i remember was doing something clever for this passphrase...

It can be bruteforced if you have idea how the passphrase looked
Duetschpire

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 04:28:32 AM

all i remember was doing something clever for this passphrase...

It can be bruteforced if you have idea how the passphrase looked

When I lost my LTC and tried to brute force, and although I knew what I would have typed, the software told me it will finish in the next BigBang Sad

Got my coins back though through the method mentioned above... My passphrase was BIG

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: