Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:59:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: All my friends now interested in bitcoin !!  (Read 1770 times)
massivebitman (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 02:46:42 PM

So I was talking about bitcoin many months ago when I invested.

Now everyone's coming back to me because they've seen it on the news and they're hooked!

This is why I still bought in at $95 cause it makes me think there's pressure for it to go up.

Especially now it looks like it's reached bottom.

Seen some huge purchases lately.

If we break through 100 I imagine a wall is going to form somewhere around 90, but I know that's a big if..

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:02:26 PM

Now everyone's coming back to me because they've seen it on the news and they're hooked!

This is why I still bought in at $95 cause it makes me think there's pressure for it to go up.

If we break through 100 I imagine a wall is going to form somewhere around 90, but I know that's a big if..

How many friends do you have? 3? 30? 300?
OnlyGoodVibes

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:05:33 PM

My friend only came back to me about Bitcoin because they heard it crashed and wanted to although at me for washing all my money... geez it sure is easy sitting on the sidelines  Roll Eyes Haven't lost a penny, by the way.
seldon

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:16:29 PM

As someone said "Those wanting cheap coins at 250 are to afraid to buy now at 50"
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 03:19:47 PM

How the hell did you buy so near to an obvious resistance point ($100)? It's so clear you will be able to buy at least $10 cheaper ($85ish), why do you people like to give away your money?

Well, I guess that's where speculators make their profit.

massivebitman (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 09:09:43 AM

How the hell did you buy so near to an obvious resistance point ($100)? It's so clear you will be able to buy at least $10 cheaper ($85ish), why do you people like to give away your money?

Well it's not clear that I can buy at 85... $1.17M needs to be sold to get to 85..

I've lost too many times trying to place buy orders at a value, and the price has shot past it..

I tried it in the 30s the 40s, and finally in the 70s I decided I'd buy at market unless I had a good reason not to.

Now that I'm trading in USD it's probably not so bad, but I didn't want to miss out, on the wall crashing down

massivebitman (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 09:13:44 AM

How many friends do you have? 3? 30? 300?

Ok I might have been exaggerating . Not all of them. but nearly say around 4/7 people that I talked with about bitcoin have mentioned it to me since the crash.

And I haven't seen those other 3 since the crash, so if they bring it up then that's more

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:28:18 AM

Well it's not clear that I can buy at 85... $1.17M needs to be sold to get to 85..

I've lost too many times trying to place buy orders at a value, and the price has shot past it..

I tried it in the 30s the 40s, and finally in the 70s I decided I'd buy at market unless I had a good reason not to.

Now that I'm trading in USD it's probably not so bad, but I didn't want to miss out, on the wall crashing down

Man, you know those numbers (eg. $1.17M needs to be sold to get $85) are just fake walls that vanish when the price goes down, right?

$100 is huge resistance point and there will be volatility around that psychological barrier (which is b/e point for a lot of people), it is difficult to know for sure if price will go down to $65ish in the next few hours/days (it's likely, but no one can be sure), but you can bet that price will go at $85 all the time (well, in fact we touched less than $83 just 22 hours ago).

I mean, BTC is volatile, try to take advantage of that or others will do (with your money).

Francesco

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 10:06:25 AM

Man, you know those numbers (eg. $1.17M needs to be sold to get $85) are just fake walls that vanish when the price goes down, right?

$100 is huge resistance point and there will be volatility around that psychological barrier (which is b/e point for a lot of people), it is difficult to know for sure if price will go down to $65ish in the next few hours/days (it's likely, but no one can be sure), but you can bet that price will go at $85 all the time (well, in fact we touched less than $83 just 22 hours ago).

I mean, BTC is volatile, try to take advantage of that or others will do (with your money).

Yeah, there is a risk of going downward. But if we broke the resistence (and with Bitcoin, everything can happen), there could be a new rush of enthousiasm and a new spike. Then $100 would become a resistence in the opposite direction. Worth betting a few chips on that, in my opinion Wink Although I too hope for the 80-ish to buy big time.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 05:14:25 PM

*high five*

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:18:46 PM

yeah i feel quite bad about that.
because they are my friends, i didn't say that:
"didn't i fuc*ing told you so every single month of last year? now you see this blond hair bimbo speaking about bitcoin and you feel it's more real? you use internet every day and still fail to understand what is decentralisation?"
friends friends ...

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:25:28 PM

yeah i feel quite bad about that.
because they are my friends, i didn't say that:
"didn't i fuc*ing told you so every single month of last year? now you see this blond hair bimbo speaking about bitcoin and you feel it's more real? you use internet every day and still fail to understand what is decentralisation?"
friends friends ...

+1 except I feel this way since about two years.

It's so hard to not rub it in their face "I told you about it when they cost 5€ a Coin and now when they are over 100 you finally listen?"

But the good thing though, the peole that only get in it because they are getting more valuable are exactly the kind of guy we don't need (or only need to make them more valuable), this people would also buy shit if they would read often enough that the poop stocks are on the rise.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:32:35 PM

I had a friend ask me about BTC the other day:

Undecided "Do you know anything about those bit-whatevers"?

Grin "Actually, yes...yes I do"

He was interested in the anonymity aspect, and had only heard a small blurb an the news about it. I (of course) explain a bit about how it works, the basic protocol, ways to get money in and out of the system, and so forth.  He seemed really interested in it until I dropped the bomb on him.....the insane volatility.

Huh "So what happens if I buy, say, $100 worth of bitcoins and the market tanks?"

Grin "Well, that money is gone unless the market recovers"

Undecided "I think I'll just stick to prepaid credit cards"

Grin "...probably a smart move"

So yeah, I talked him out of it...I cant let my friends lose money in an obviously over inflated market just because they want to buy bullets or whatever without a paper trail.

mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:43:00 PM

This happened to me too.

I was talking about bitcoins last October and no one was listening to me.

I tried to start a mining pool with my friends and only 2 joined in.

Now everyone is asking me and giving me money to buy them bitcoins on mtgox because the queue to get verified is so long!

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:00:08 PM

people are emotional. if you say "that money is gone" first thats scary

to say "the market will likely recover like it has many times and you'll eventually make more, but there's a chance you'll lose it if government for example threatens to shut it down or regulate it but thats not likely at least in the short term"

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
BitSmile

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:14:07 PM

Bitcoin is going mainstream, really. If you only look here in the forum you only see a few faces, but there's a lot of people buying, and using, that don't even know of the forum. I was using bitcoin one year before registering in this forum. My mother is getting into it, maybe for use in silk road lol, and today, a great article on bitcoin came on a regional newspaper, explaining some of the fundamentals and how if it gets mainstream, it maybe will crash the fiat currencies(everyone here reads that newspaper) and I live in relatively unpopulated area in Portugal. Of course, the mainstream media isn't favorable to it, yet. But they will be forced to. Trust me, it's getting mainstream, volatility aside. The volatility means nothing, people believe it the same way. Satoshi is my hero  Cheesy
posted it on other thread, but it's more relevant to this one.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: