Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:58:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I become a Hero Member or even a Full Member?  (Read 650 times)
mantler (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:31:47 PM

Hey guys, do moderators pick and choose who is considered a Hero or Full member based on quality of posts?  Or are there just certain requirements which need to be fulfilled before your account type will change?  I'm curious.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VirtualWorld

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:36:35 PM

It probably depends on how many times you have posted.
People can also be sorted in different forum groups, resulting in different titles.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:37:25 PM

It depends on the number of your posts  Wink

mantler (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:40:02 PM

Thank you sir.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:41:36 PM

It depends on the number of your posts  Wink
How much addicted you become.
Please, run away before it's to late! Look at me, i'm addicted!

:|

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
mantler (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:47:01 PM

I'm addicted too my friend.  See you at the BA meetings
mantler (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:50:07 PM

Here's a similar question, how do the moderators get their title? Do they work for the site or are they just extremely trusted users with reponsabilities?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:45:09 PM

Hey guys, do moderators pick and choose who is considered a Hero or Full member based on quality of posts?  Or are there just certain requirements which need to be fulfilled before your account type will change?  I'm curious.

It probably depends on how many times you have posted.
People can also be sorted in different forum groups, resulting in different titles.

If you would have taken the time to read the "NEWBIE README" post (and read the posts linked to from there) pinned to the top of this Newbie sub-forum, you'd know the answer.

So you may be wondering whether you should trust someone based on those fancy coins under their name, or perhaps their post count. The short answer is: Do not use these rankings to determine trust!
This post is intended to show you as a future trader how easy it is to get a rank, so that you can be wiser when conducting a trade. As a side note, I always recommend using escrow when possible, especially when you have not previously traded with someone. Always read their posts in their profile to help determine whether they are contributing positively and to attempt to determine trust. Search the forums for more detail and read the other stickies relating to trading discussions and trust.

All the main ranks that can be handed out to normal users are: Brand New, Newbie, Jr. Member, Full Member, Sr. Member, and Hero Member.
Special notes for Newbie status: If a user has been whitelisted manually by forum administration, they will retain Newbie status regardless of their post count, until they have fulfilled a minimum of 4 hours logged in.

In addition to the main rankings, there are also sub-rankings that can be applied, and those are: SCAMMER, Donator, and VIP. Besides the colors, Donators and VIPs get other perks such as access to a secret subforum dedicated to them, and the ability change their usernames whenever they want from within their profiles. SCAMMERs have several restrictions, but are still allowed to post unless they are banned for another reason. SCAMMERs cannot change their profile (including signature, avatar, etc), cannot edit their posts later, and other things.

Finally, staff sub-rankings are as follows: Staff, Moderator, Global Moderator, Administrator, and Founder. Staff members have access to a special "Staff" board where forum moderation is discussed, as well as to the Donator board. Any staff member can whitelist a newbie, just ask!

Rank
Description
Tag
Brand New:Zero posts, gets 1 gold coin under his name.
Newbie:Has less than 4 hours of logged in time, and gets 1 gold coin under his name.
Jr. Member:Between 5 and 100 posts, and gets 2 gold coins under his name.
Full member:Between 100 and 250 posts, and gets 3 gold coins under his name.
Sr. Member:Between 250 and 500 posts, and gets 4 gold coins under his name.
Hero Member:More than 500 posts, gets 5 gold coins under his name.

Sub-Rank
Description
Tag
SCAMMER:Manually applied by administration, regardless of post count and gets 5 red Xs under his name.
Donator:Manually applied by administration after 10 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under his name
of which the last is half green. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count when user is a Donator.
VIP:Manually applied by administration after 50 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under his name
of which the last is half purple. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count when user is a VIP.

Staff Rank
Description
Tag
Staff:Shown when moderators (see next point) post outside of the sections that they moderate.
Always shows 5 gold coins.
Moderator:Shown when moderators of specific sections post within those sections.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is shown as half faded-out green.
Global Moderator:Applied to Staff that have moderation privileges in all boards.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is half teal colored.
Administrator:Has all available permissions and can appoint moderators and perform other administrative tasks.
Gets 5 gold coins, of which the last is shown half red regardless of post count.
Founder:Reserved for Satoshi, gets 5 platinum coins under his name.

To become a Donator or a VIP, send a PM to theymos to get a unique donation address.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:47:22 PM

Here's a similar question, how do the moderators get their title? Do they work for the site or are they just extremely trusted users with reponsabilities?

Moderators are appointed by Administrators.

What's the difference between "working for the site", and having "responsibilites"?  Are you just asking if moderators get a paycheck?
layerz

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:53:21 PM

OHH that clears some stuff up for me too!
mantler (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:25:02 PM

What's the difference between "working for the site", and having "responsibilites"?  Are you just asking if moderators get a paycheck?

I'm assuming the moderators don't get a paycheck, but by responsibilities i meant moderating topics for misplaced subjects and watching for rule breakers.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:29:09 PM

I'm assuming the moderators don't get a paycheck, but by responsibilities i meant moderating topics for misplaced subjects and watching for rule breakers.

And by "working for the site" you meant?
mantler (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:15:30 PM

Do they do this to get some sort of benefit, gain, or privilege, or just because they want to.

or because they want to.
sdhayes12345

Activity: 79

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 09:54:45 PM

Number of posts.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:12:09 AM

Do they do this to get some sort of benefit, gain, or privilege, or just because they want to.

or because they want to.

I don't know about the other mods, but I do it mostly because I am reading a bunch of posts each day regardless. More than that, I patrol Recent Unread Topics (in other words, the full stream of posts from all boards). Since I can be trusted to follow policy, I was given moderation power.

InstaDice

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:20:23 AM

A long way from where I'm at... but I can't wait to be a Hero Member Shocked
mantler (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:54:56 AM

or because they want to.

I don't know about the other mods, but I do it mostly because I am reading a bunch of posts each day regardless. More than that, I patrol Recent Unread Topics (in other words, the full stream of posts from all boards). Since I can be trusted to follow policy, I was given moderation power.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear.  I'm glad this system runs this way.  Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: