Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:09:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No had the time to copy password (PC reboot)  (Read 395 times)
Jugo (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 08:57:32 AM

Hello!

Yesterday I have installed Electrum and the PC has rebooted and I have not had the time to copy the sentence.
I haven't done cleaning of my PC so I think it will be somewhere?
The problem is that I have money inside and I can't send it.
 Undecided
What can I do?

Cheers
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6183

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:33:48 AM

I'm confused because you mentioned both password and sentence .. I assume by the password and sentence you mean the 12 words seed ? I don't understand how you got any funds If you rebooted the PC before copying any address or copying the seed ?
For sending you will need the wallet password and not the seed , If you don't have that then you can recover the wallet using the seed and If you don't have the seed then there is nothing much you could do .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jugo (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 12:04:13 PM

Thank you for your answer. It is the seed I haven't had time to copy.
But I haven't do cleaning on my PC and I don't give up because the application obliged you to type the seed one time.
So I am searching how to know ALL that have make the buffer of the keyboard work.
And if it doesnt work, I will try brute force to recover the seed.
 Cry
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 6183

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 12:09:39 PM

Thank you for your answer. It is the seed I haven't had time to copy.
But I haven't do cleaning on my PC and I don't give up because the application obliged you to type the seed one time.
So I am searching how to know ALL that have make the buffer of the keyboard work.
And if it doesnt work, I will try brute force to recover the seed.
 Cry

It doesn't ask you for the seed while trying to send bitcoin as far as I know so you should be able to send using the password If there is any. cracking a 12 words seed is pretty much an impossible task otherwise everyone would be cracking everyone wallets , so unless you have most of the seed , I wouldn't even think of it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jugo (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 12:25:03 PM

It wants a password but I haven't enter one to send my BTC, it is crazy!
Is there wallet emulators where you can enter you wallet number and send?
I don't understand why it asks me a password: Until the seed there is no password entered  Huh
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 02:58:47 PM

It wants a password but I haven't enter one to send my BTC, it is crazy!
Is there wallet emulators where you can enter you wallet number and send?
I don't understand why it asks me a password: Until the seed there is no password entered  Huh

The password is for encrypting the wallet file. You would have had to manually add a password to the wallet and you would have had to supply it with some password in order for this to activate.

The seed (12 word phrase) is separate and is used to recreate the wallet file. If you don't have either the seed or the password, I don't think you'll be able to access the wallet very easily.
Coin-Keeper

Activity: 758
Merit: 606

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 11:40:47 PM

This thread reads a little "fuzzy" for someone reading along and trying to help you.  Is there any chance that you sent BTC and then added a password to Electrum's wallet file later in the day?  If you didn't save the SEED and then encrypted the wallet file the SEED itself is now encrypted.  What does Electrum show when you open the wallet file and then click on SEED in the control panel?  It will either show the seed (if unencrypted) OR a pop up will ask you for a password.

BTC: 1PYSBbuKM3kW19xe9TXJQfq64rPhd8XorF
Staked and Verified: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg17102755#msg17102755
Jugo (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 04:35:32 AM

Hello! Thank you to all to help me.
I haven't a button or something else where is written "seed" on the control panel. There are little drawings and as soon I clic on: "PASSWORD: "
I have tryed to bypass the password (Patator, Hydra) and other softwares but no result else a software wrote my 5 e-mails on Google+, the passwords, same with ebay, amazon, skype, facebook... I was on the ass, you leave your computer 3min anyone come and can gather a lot of datas... But it isn't the problem.
I have the version 2.7.18 and when I want to pay a supplier: "PASSWORD:" and I haven't enter a password  Cry

Cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: