Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:14:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Speculation contest - Who's the best with predictions?  (Read 893 times)
wobber (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:32:48 PM

Simple. Forum based.

I will give 48 hours for the contest. I see there are many technical analysts that are pretty good, other people just spread FUD.

If you're in, just post how to you thing the market will go. For each 48hrs correct prediction you get 1 point. 1 bonus point for giving TA with graphs.

However I understand some do not want to disclose their positions so half a point wil be awarded for giving a correct vague prediction and then provide a TA after the 48 hrs time frame.

I just want to see who's the best. If the winner wants, I'll make a website for subscription services. And of course, subscribe.

Round 1 ends on April 19th 4:35 pm UTC

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
yuvadm

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 04:59:49 PM

and the crowd goes w... *crickets*
wobber (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:12:35 PM

yea...

phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:12:38 PM

Well I can tell you who is definitely the worst.  Proudhon.  He screams crash every day for like a year through every rally.  He was finally "right", but I hesitate to say "right" because if he screamed it long enough he was bound to be right eventually.
deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:14:29 PM

Well I can tell you who is definitely the worst.  Proudhon.  He screams crash every day for like a year through every rally.  He was finally "right", but I hesitate to say "right" because if he screamed it long enough he was bound to be right eventually.

nobody has consistently predicted the market more than flipping a coin. proudhon is at least consistently wrong.

michaelGedi

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:23:08 PM

I predict it will go up or down for certain

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
superside

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:23:48 PM

nobody has consistently predicted the market more than flipping a coin. proudhon is at least consistently wrong.

Or consistently deceiving...
wobber (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:24:04 PM

I predict it will go up or down for certain

Up AND down is better...

deadweasel

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:25:54 PM

Or consistently deceiving...

in BTC i assume everyone is deceiving me.

Dr3AM$cAp3

Activity: 80

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:32:51 PM

*chuckle*

I predict this bear pattern will continue till we level at 30.  Hopefully I am wrong and it will go back up and remain stable, but either way, I win. Cool 

New to the game, too much to learn.
Smiley OD, sarcasm implied.
Wuji

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:40:14 PM

I wasn't able to predict the huge surge since January but, the top of the bubble was easy to see.  I know I'm not the best with predictions because, the news and speculation on Bitcoin is unpredictable and I can't figure this crystal ball out.  At any rate I'll take a wild guess at $70-$80.  Of course if there is more news about adoption in the next 48 hours that is a useless guess and we may break $100 again.

I initially thought $70 and with MtGox problems figured below $50.  I think speculators have held it up for the past week and will continue to as it slowly slides down long term.  I hope so anyway so I can go all in again and patiently await another bubble or real adoption and a valid price increase (even better long term).
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:50:51 PM

Think we might test 65-70, then trend upwards again. It will be a bumpy ride. Fasten your seat belts and gird your loins.
Meman

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:43:55 PM

I'm no TA, but my wild guess: trending sideways between 50$ and 100$ with more and more people losing their interest in bitcoins
awakening

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:00:07 PM

Well.. Now Proudhon swinged back from bear. He predicts one hundred bucks now  Grin
UKMark

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

Empty vessels make most noise.

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:05:28 PM

As long as we don't dip passed $73 for too long I'm pretty confident long term. We have seen some big sells over the past few days starting around now 20.00UTC, so I'm buckling in just in case Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: