Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:19:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think of people that treat Bitcoin solely as an investment?  (Read 5816 times)
nyanhtet

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bawga

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 07:41:50 AM

It meant bitcoin to the end. As a currency, it need to regulate and use and also need infaltion. But ppl hold as investment and not use. Some good alt-coins will replace BTC as currency.

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!         
  Website | Blog | Reddit | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
  Lisk Delegate - Communitypool: 80% reward sharing delegate
Transparency Report
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 07:59:24 AM

Right now most of the people are treating bitcoin as one of the investment only, they are not treating it as currency because bitcoin is not still under regulated through governments. Once governments accept bitcoin as currency than many people will start using bitcoin as currency.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:02:52 AM

Right now most of the people are treating bitcoin as one of the investment only, they are not treating it as currency because bitcoin is not still under regulated through governments. Once governments accept bitcoin as currency than many people will start using bitcoin as currency.
Actually its a currency but only as digital currency and the beaty of bitcoin is at the same time you could able to make it as an investment. Does depend on people on how they gonna treat bitcoin as long we do earn and use it on a positive way then it would be fine.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
kumax

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

🚀 🌏

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 09:25:35 AM

Chances are half of the people (or maybe more) that you’d come across here would choose bitcoin more as an investment than a currency. You know why? Because that is the wise thing to do. If you are presented with something that outperforms any other known currency and legitimate investment at the moment, you would be a fool not to take advantage of it.

The thing is also that there are already some better altcoins for a money transfers (or just lets say payments) on the market, than bitcoin is. With the high fees and long times for bitcoin transaction processing, it may not be considered as a best option anymore. On the other hand, bitcoin proved itself to be a very good kind of investment, so it is no surprise, that majority of members uses it mostly as an investment.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 09:48:06 AM

Bitcoin for me is solely as an investment because in my country here it is hard to find anyone accepting it and since the price has been on increase it makes perfect sense to categorise it as an investment.

Bitcoin is going to end up a digital Gold remember Gold use to be a trading tool use for everyday transaction but it is no more serving that role.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:21:57 AM

well bitcoin is a currency and we have use it as currency but majority of the people use it as a source of making profit and finally people think that bitcoin is just to make profit. Some stupid ask me that how  much profit I make with bitcoin, well I reply that how profit do you make with real money . yea its a form of money we can make profit only when we do some task with it not just money will come automatically.
rivoke
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:28:04 AM

I think it's reasonable since bitcoin have high value and ever reach as high as gold so whenever who invest into bitcoin , they already made a great choice for their future investment.
By seeing bitcoin value based on graph , bitcoin become the great investment I've ever see compare gold
yellow1

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:33:45 PM

I think those people who treat bitcoin as an investment saw the price of bitcoin in the future  Grin Or maybe they have a lot of investment in other instrument that they look for others where to invest their fiat money. Or maybe they felt that bitcoin price will rise and that they can have a lot of returns in the future.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:48:14 PM

Bitcoin will remain a better gold, the price will never be stable enough for it to be a currency in the classic sense of a currency that is always table. You can't have a free, decentralized market and a fixed price, if you want a fixed price, you need governments and regulations.

Bitcoin will only go up long term, which makes it the ultimate investment.
vnvizow

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:58:50 PM

Bitcoin will remain a better gold, the price will never be stable enough for it to be a currency in the classic sense of a currency that is always table. You can't have a free, decentralized market and a fixed price, if you want a fixed price, you need governments and regulations.

Bitcoin will only go up long term, which makes it the ultimate investment.
It's all speculation but perhaps by the time the last coin is mined the price will remain relatively stable, by then it'll all depend on demand so if people keep losing coins and wallets (or worst case scenario: another country's currency destabilizes) it'll be a great thing for the economy (even though it sounds horrible)
Ravion

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 06:34:04 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2017, 06:42:05 PM by Ravion

The volatility makes newbies feel like it's an investment to get quick money. Well, it is that for some time but it is not just an investment when you understand what Bitcoin is. Using Bitcoins and doing transactions with it is comparatively simple and easy. There are many other features of Bitcoin which make it distinctively better than any other currency or payment gateway.

Some people are perhaps investing their money in Bitcoin thinking of it as an alternative to gold, but Bitcoin is different than gold. For some people, the entire purpose of Bitcoin is this type of investing.
Sure, they're entitled to do whatever they want with their money, but in terms of how it benefits Bitcoin, it would be better if they use their money for purchasing things. That's what's going to make Bitcoin more widespread.
nyanhtet

Bawga

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 07:34:08 PM

Bitcoin is created to use instead of fiat, not as gold.

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!         
  Website | Blog | Reddit | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
  Lisk Delegate - Communitypool: 80% reward sharing delegate
Transparency Report
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 07:49:17 PM

I've seen a lot of people arguing that Bitcoin can be profitable because of its volatility and convenience, but sometimes I feel that people using Bitcoin as an investment have little enthusiasm for its main use as a means of trading without an intermediary.

Under whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat circumstances should Bitcoin be treated as investment and to what extent should people think about its use as a global currency?
Treating bitcoin as an investment will undermined it values as a currency. I read online how Israel tax authority wanted to treat bitcoin as a property but bitcoin is not a property the same way dollar is not a property. Sec what to regulate bitcoin and allow it to be trade like stock, gold and silver, doing this will also undermined crypto currencies as a currencies.
artows21

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 09:44:25 PM

I'm agree with them, why not? The price of bitcoin goes up so it's really interesting to treat it as an investment. We don't know what is going to happen, maybe the value of BTC is going to explode. So I think it's a great investment maybe more interesting than the gold!
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:30:33 PM

Bitcoin supposed to be used as a currency, because the price is based on the demand and supply, if too many people used it for investment without doing transaction it can caused the pirce to stagnant, but bitcoin is a very good investment tool, so the situation of making bitcoin into investment can't be avoided
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:03:14 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2017, 03:08:25 AM by el kaka22

I think it's reasonable since bitcoin have high value and ever reach as high as gold so whenever who invest into bitcoin , they already made a great choice for their future investment.
By seeing bitcoin value based on graph , bitcoin become the great investment I've ever see compare gold
When the bitcoin started we were all talking about a new currency that is going to change the whole idea of using the money on the internet, but after a couple of years the price was really high that it has become more of an investment and people saving and buying it, and the ones who believed in it a long time ago are really lucky. I am not finding any wrong with them.

We cannot argue that we should not save bitcoins as an investment. It must be a basic human right to do what ever they want to with their wealth.

But time will enforce them to start using their savings. How long one will sit and watch their saving's value goes skyrocketing. Either their basic needs nor emergency needs nor emotions will make them to come out of their investment mode.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
olushakes

Merit: 254

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:18:37 PM

I've seen a lot of people arguing that Bitcoin can be profitable because of its volatility and convenience, but sometimes I feel that people using Bitcoin as an investment have little enthusiasm for its main use as a means of trading without an intermediary.

Under what circumstances should Bitcoin be treated as investment and to what extent should people think about its use as a global currency?

For those who treat bitcoin as an investment then they know what they were getting into and where ready for whatever outcome of such decision whether it will be favorable or otherwise. From what we are seeing now everyone will agree that its a good decision to take but I am sure more than half of those praising them today would have castigate and even called them a fool for taking such decision a long time ago depending on how long the hold have taken.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 3480

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:38:13 PM

Under what circumstances should Bitcoin be treated as investment and to what extent should people think about its use as a global currency?

A lot of people see btc as an investment because they are ready to earn Wink with their coins.
but behind there is a technology, a new one, just partially explored. I say partially because it's not a mainstream technology and if you try to pay in real life most of places will never heard of it Cheesy .
So bitcoin is not just an investment, and probably one day we will know this difference.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:45:50 PM

Bitcoin is freedom -- everyone is free to use Bitcoin how they want as Bitcoin is a multifunctional solution that offers enough features to people. One person only needs Bitcoin to function as currency, while the other only sees Bitcoin as an investment opportunity. Why should we care about what others do with Bitcoin? Doesn't make any sense. It's annoying to see people judge on how others use Bitcoin. Mind your own business....
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:01:03 PM

When the bitcoin started we were all talking about a new currency that is going to change the whole idea of using the money on the internet, but after a couple of years the price was really high that it has become more of an investment and people saving and buying it, and the ones who believed in it a long time ago are really lucky.
it's really about how a new era of currency work , the high price won't make it stopped considered as a real currency. it could be a new trend, just the matter of time whether people can accept bitcoin condition with its volatility? or bitcoin will gone as a virtual stock forever? the decision are always in our hand so just make your own choice and let's see.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: