Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:00:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think of people that treat Bitcoin solely as an investment?  (Read 5816 times)
Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:27:11 PM

Well everyone has it's way of using things. If they only use it for that there's nothing that we can do about it.
I am happy that more people are using the Bitcoin, even if it is only solely for investing.
And it can also be said that if a person start to use Bitcoin for a particular purpose then he will also use it for his needs like to use Bitcoin to buy different things from online shop and to use Bitcoin for transacting the money to any other person. As if he will start using Bitcoin then he will know about a number of other features of bitcoin and so he will adopted it as a full-fledged currency for himself.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wesimon

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:46:08 PM

I've seen a lot of people arguing that Bitcoin can be profitable because of its volatility and convenience, but sometimes I feel that people using Bitcoin as an investment have little enthusiasm for its main use as a means of trading without an intermediary.

Under what circumstances should Bitcoin be treated as investment and to what extent should people think about its use as a global currency?

Personally, i treat bitcoin as an investment too. And I think treating it as an investment should never become an issue to us. We have different perspective and views on how we see such thing specifically bitcoin. Today, bitcoin's value is changing from time to time. That maybe is a big factor why people chooses to hold their bitcoin and wait for it to profit.

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:36:05 AM

I've seen a lot of people arguing that Bitcoin can be profitable because of its volatility and convenience, but sometimes I feel that people using Bitcoin as an investment have little enthusiasm for its main use as a means of trading without an intermediary.

Under what circumstances should Bitcoin be treated as investment and to what extent should people think about its use as a global currency?

Personally, i treat bitcoin as an investment too. And I think treating it as an investment should never become an issue to us. We have different perspective and views on how we see such thing specifically bitcoin. Today, bitcoin's value is changing from time to time. That maybe is a big factor why people chooses to hold their bitcoin and wait for it to profit.

Since the rise of bitcoin prices, I never cash them out and just hold on - I will definitely accumulate more bitcoin as days go by but I will only cash it out when it reaches $3000 in price I guess but to be honest, I really don't have any plan of cashing out now I am just holding:)
Prodigan786

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:16:46 AM

Yes as you mentioned bitcoin is highly volatile so people thinking it as a investment like gold or other commodities . I can see both thing in bitcoin having currency value as well as trading asset.
Prodigan786

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:33:11 AM

I consider bitcoin, both as a form of investment and a global currency for doing daily transactions. The price of bitcoin is volatile, so taking advantages of this volatility isn't a bad thing. A time might come where the price of the coins might be stable or lets say less volatile, hence people will start using it as a form of storing assets or as a day to day trade currency.
Exactly i do agree with your point once it tcomes to stability and small fluctuation like other currencies we compare using USD dollar to country currencies. then people start to use as global currency.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:48:20 AM

Since the rise of bitcoin prices, I never cash them out and just hold on - I will definitely accumulate more bitcoin as days go by but I will only cash it out when it reaches $3000 in price I guess but to be honest, I really don't have any plan of cashing out now I am just holding:)
Just stick to your plans because someday it will payoff and for me, don't settle for less and don't focus for short term profits because you can still earn a lot more money than that because the price of bitcoin up to 3,000 USD is still undervalued and it can still go up even more in the next few years so it is worth it to just hold and have a lot of patience because in the end, it will pay off.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:02:37 AM

Bitcoin price is volatile. I think most people realize it and use their money accordingly. For me, I think it's a great long term investment than short term. It would be great if everyone can start using bitcoin more instead of fiat but I don't see that happening.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:35:21 AM

Bitcoin price is volatile. I think most people realize it and use their money accordingly. For me, I think it's a great long term investment than short term. It would be great if everyone can start using bitcoin more instead of fiat but I don't see that happening.

The volatility of price is what day trader love because that is the way they will go to earn during the day of trading. If there is no volatility of price, then it will take some time to gain profit out of our trades. volatility is a good sign that bitcoin is really doing a great job.
Gens09

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 11:38:01 AM

Until today i guess bitcoin will still continue to increase its price in thw market so no doubt that bitcoin is still profitable in the market no doubt about that but still investment is also risky so do not put all your wealth in bitcoin i guess the bitcoin price could go down in just a split seconds.
pecson134

Activity: 630

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 12:14:03 PM

I think those people who use bitcoins as an investment was clever and doing a good strategical move. Though investing on bitcoins and in any other forms yields no absolute(fixed) outcome especially bitcoins which is continuously changing, there still people who are engaging in this kind of business knowing the risk of every investment they made and I considered them as wise people sine they were confident enough to manage their plans through.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 12:31:08 PM

I think it is a natural thing. Many people use bitcoin as an investment compared to using it for currency and payments in various places.
Directly that the investment in bitcoin is so profitable that people are interested in investing and trading.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 12:45:56 PM

I think it is a natural thing. Many people use bitcoin as an investment compared to using it for currency and payments in various places.
Directly that the investment in bitcoin is so profitable that people are interested in investing and trading.

Yes that is true.  Bitcoin has so much potential like gold, copper, gas, and other currencies that people are into it mostly for investing.  While many of us here are for earning it because we need an income.  Unlike some others who were already have money they use it for investment.
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 12:47:05 PM

They're smart and responsible,they knew that to be able to be successful and earn more than in their regular is theres a need to invest and they are being responsible on thinking how they future might be knowing investing can or will make them successful.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 01:14:03 PM

Yes that is true.  Bitcoin has so much potential like gold, copper, gas, and other currencies that people are into it mostly for investing.  While many of us here are for earning it because we need an income.  Unlike some others who were already have money they use it for investment.

Obviously using bitcoin for investment is a big step in controlling and managing finances.
Because bitcoin is the best investment today when compared to other types of investments. And it seems still worth investing in bitcoin at this time because given the price of bitcoin is relatively unstable.
Novun

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 01:31:17 PM

Even if you are only thinking of bitcoin as a currency you should still encourage investors because they are te ones who keep increasing the price of bitcoin. Which is good for everyone. increasing price just increased awareness and interest in Bitcoin which is the most important factor.
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 01:37:08 PM

Obviously using bitcoin for investment is a big step in controlling and managing finances.
Because bitcoin is the best investment today when compared to other types of investments. And it seems still worth investing in bitcoin at this time because given the price of bitcoin is relatively unstable.
Investing too is a form of making use of bitcoin. Though it doesn't make a circulation of moving through different transactions in the network, it too gets calculated to the supply part. These days majority of the people give importance as an investment and very few consider it for transaction and earning purpose.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████