Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:29:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory 0.95.1 will not run bitcoind in the backround  (Read 574 times)
hawktwo (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 03:50:22 PM

I recently upgraded to the latest versions of both Armonry and Bitcoin Core on a windows 7 machine.
Now I am able to run and sync armory if I launch Bitcoin Core manually but when I switch to "run in background" option, armory is stuck preparing Databases 0% 1 sec.
Any idea why is this and how it can get fixed?
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 06:09:39 PM

There have been some issues with Armory managing Bitcoin Core. These should be fixed in the next version but for now, just run Bitcoin Core manually.

hawktwo (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 08:59:07 PM

There have been some issues with Armory managing Bitcoin Core. These should be fixed in the next version but for now, just run Bitcoin Core manually.

Thanks for confirming this. Appreciate your reply.
hawktwo (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 10:51:25 PM

Makes me wonder- how can we save the blockchain data on another drive?
Since we can't use the "run in the background" option anymore, how does armory know to look for that data?

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 10:54:30 PM

Since we can't use the "run in the background" option anymore, how does armory know to look for that data?
Armory has various command line options to specify certain things. Basically anything in the settings has a command line option, and some more that also aren't in the settings. If you want to move Bitcoin Core's datadir to another drive, you need to set the --satoshi-datadir=<path> option where <path> is the path to Bitcoin Core's datadir. You can also specify a different location for Armory's datadir with --datadir=<path> where <path> is the path to wherever you want Armory's datadir.

hawktwo (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 11:08:14 PM

Armory has various command line options to specify certain things. Basically anything in the settings has a command line option, and some more that also aren't in the settings. If you want to move Bitcoin Core's datadir to another drive, you need to set the --satoshi-datadir=<path> option where <path> is the path to Bitcoin Core's datadir. You can also specify a different location for Armory's datadir with --datadir=<path> where <path> is the path to wherever you want Armory's datadir.

I see. Will I need to enter the command line manually every time I use armory or is there a way for it to save this change?
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 11:10:40 PM

I see. Will I need to enter the command line manually every time I use armory or is there a way for it to save this change?

In 0.95, yes. For the next version I'm introducing config files for DB and client.

hawktwo (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 01:57:05 PM

In 0.95, yes. For the next version I'm introducing config files for DB and client.

For now, is there a certain order to execute this command?
I'm not too familiar with using command line.
Can you please explain like to a five year old.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 02:00:42 PM

For now, is there a certain order to execute this command?
I'm not too familiar with using command line.
Can you please explain like to a five year old.
Right click the shortcut on your desktop that you use to start Armory. There is a box labeled "Target". Click into the box and move the cursor all the way to the right. Add the options there, making sure that there is a space between what is already in the box, what you add, and between each option that you add. Then Click OK and now when you double click the shortcut to start Armory, it will use the options you just added to the startup command in the Target box.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: