Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:56:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Teresa is going to get a visit from the IRS  (Read 6172 times)
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:57:35 PM

Why is it that whenever someone talks about not paying taxes, someone inevitably has to mention the fact that they are going to get audited or they are going to go to jail. That is sort of a given is it not? Why perpetuate the IRS's fear game for them?

When someone online talks about smoking pot or doing drugs it is not immediately followed by "You're so going to get a visit from the cops and your ass is going to be in jail".

Because the cops are, generally speaking, jokers. The IRS are not. Their ability to audit is impressively scary, trust me.

Really? I haven't paid taxes since 2004. Haven't even got a letter from them. I don't think they know who I am.

Of course, I never sign any of their paperwork.

I'm grumpy!!
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:18:44 PM

Bitcoin is no different from cash as far as taxes go. It's not "The End of the State." If you are going to evade taxes and announce it publicly:  Roll Eyes

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:28:25 PM

Her not paying taxes means we all have to pay more. She's not my hero.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:46:57 PM

I would NEVER advise anyone to not pay your taxes.

Just remember to pay your taxes to the correct authority. Sometimes this seems confusing to people, so I took the liberty of drawing up this little chart to help everyone out with this issue:

The possessive "its" does not contain an apostrophe.

Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:57:16 PM

When miners have no more coins to mine and make a living on tx fees. They will become our tax collectors leaching Bitcoins out of the economy!
Mylon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Mining FTW

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:01:36 PM

Why does everybody keep thinking governments can't tax bitcoins... on whatever you buy, the company you bought it from, still has to give 21% VAT (here in Holland, if customer in EU based only) whenever your salary gets paid in bitcoin, government is still going to grab the amount of tax they want, before you get your bitcoins in your wallet. Its just going to make the life of accountants a million times simpler, txn in the blockchain, it happened Smiley Double-spend, impossible to hide. (and will not be possible very easily)

Still not sure if they'll survive when they can no longer print money. (since nobody accepts their money anymore)

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS
mikegogulski

Activity: 360

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 08:15:35 PM

Sounds like they're just being lazy.

And, what, laboring and paying to do a bunch of stupid, unnecessary, wasteful and dehumanizing government paperwork is fucking virtuous?

FREE ROSS ULBRICHT, allegedly one of the Dread Pirates Roberts of the Silk Road
mikegogulski

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 08:24:21 PM

Her not paying taxes means we all have to pay more.

Damn. And here I thought it meant we'd just get less of neat things like bombing brown people all over the planet, jailing generations of minorities, bailing out the quadrillion-dollar fraud that is the financial sector, raising populations of authority-worshippers, IRS agents, &c., &c.

Guess I was wrong.

mikegogulski

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 08:26:15 PM

Why does everybody keep thinking governments can't tax bitcoins... on whatever you buy, the company you bought it from, still has to give 21% VAT (here in Holland, if customer in EU based only) whenever your salary gets paid in bitcoin, government is still going to grab the amount of tax they want, before you get your bitcoins in your wallet.

You seem to be making the assumption that people necessarily or generally want to be fully-regulated participants in the state-blessed "legal" economy.

If that's so, why?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: