Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:09:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We Build Alt-Coin Mining Pools!  (Read 927 times)
c4n10 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:00:48 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2013, 08:22:24 PM by c4n10

My partner (viperaus) and I are building mining pools for those who are interested.

For a sample of our work, please visit: MineLitecoin

All pools come with: long-polling support, increased security features to help protect from DDoS and database/code hacking/injection (apache, iptables, fail2ban and more), custom written back-end code to populate a MySQL DB using php & python as well as custom watchdog scripts to check to make sure the pool's components are running & re-start them if they are not and free tech support for the life of the pool. Packages with front-end GUI also include a mobile site.

Pricing is as follows:
  • 1) 10 BTC for pool with long-polling and no front-end GUI
  • 2) 40 BTC for pool with long-polling and front-end GUI
  • 3) 50 BTC for pool with long-polling, stratum and front-end GUI

Some alt-coins require additional code work depending on which rpc calls are available or not available. In these cases prices are:
  • 1) 15 BTC for pool with long-polling and no front-end GUI
  • 2) 45 BTC for pool with long-polling and front-end GUI
  • 3) 70 BTC for pool with long-polling, stratum and front-end GUI
Shad3dOne

Activity: 261

Interesting.....

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 07:10:21 PM

Thank you.

A lot of people could benefit form your service.

Domain for sale -> NXTcoin.com, 200 btc/2.9 M nxt. pm me
like craigslist but for btc! --> Visit BTClist.com
FederationCredits--> C6khbXzADRUeT9di2SpNubCt2UVTuayKMV What's this?
temor

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:29:08 PM

That's a lot of money though. I hired two indian guys and one american to do this for me for less than half.

Please make a post in my Reputation Thread if we've had a successful trade.
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:32:42 PM

That's a lot of money though. I hired two indian guys and one american to do this for me for less than half.

They offer increased security features and free tech support for the life of the pool...?

Were these "friend prices"...?

Can I see a link to what they built for you...?

And what do you think fair prices would be...?
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:40:50 PM

There's always somebody that can do it cheaper... if you make a name for yourself at providing excellent service then people will happily pay extra to remove the stress, hassle, miscommunication problems associated with "hiring two indians and an american".

You might be avoiding problems like this:

c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:46:24 PM

There's always somebody that can do it cheaper... if you make a name for yourself at providing excellent service then people will happily pay extra to remove the stress, hassle, miscommunication problems associated with "hiring two indians and an american".

LOL!!! Perfect...
temor

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:59:08 PM

They offer increased security features and free tech support for the life of the pool...?

Were these "friend prices"...?

Can I see a link to what they built for you...?

And what do you think fair prices would be...?

They were not "friend prices". I have never been in contact with either party before.
Not quite yet seeing as I provided the first initial payment only yesterday Smiley
I'm not sure. Your prices could probably be fair if your service is That Good, but I also think that adding stratum support isn't worth 10 BTC.

I would, if I were you, start out being a bit cheaper. Not many people have ( at todays price ) almost $5.000 - $7.000 to throw away at a project that might not even go anywhere.

That picture is just perfect Tongue

I don't think that much could go wrong though. They all claim to have experience in the whole cryptocurrency " scene ", and they are only going to do the backend and a very simple frontend for me. The GUI is taken care of by myself and a very talented friend of mine.

Please make a post in my Reputation Thread if we've had a successful trade.
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 08:16:54 PM

They were not "friend prices". I have never been in contact with either party before.

Do they offer increased security features (like iptables, fail2ban, apache2, injection prevention on webpages, etc...) and free tech support for the life of the pool...?

Not quite yet seeing as I provided the first initial payment only yesterday Smiley

I wouldn't brag about the deal you got until you have something to show for it, you may be disappointed in the end... I at least have a functioning example of the quality of work you can expect: MineLitecoin

I'm not sure. Your prices could probably be fair if your service is That Good, but I also think that adding stratum support isn't worth 10 BTC.

These prices are including increased security features which help protect from DDoS and code/db hacking/injection, free tech support for the life of the pool, custom written back-end code to populate a MySQL DB using php and python as well as custom cron scripts to check and make sure the pool's components are running and re-start them if they are not and packages with front-end GUI also include a mobile site.

I would, if I were you, start out being a bit cheaper. Not many people have ( at todays price ) almost $5.000 - $7.000 to throw away at a project that might not even go anywhere.

I feel pretty confident in these prices, we are not building disposable websites that deploy in 10 - 15 minutes. We are building pools for people ho are serious abut wanting a pool.

I don't think that much could go wrong though. They all claim to have experience in the whole cryptocurrency " scene ", and they are only going to do the backend and a very simple frontend for me. The GUI is taken care of by myself and a very talented friend of mine.

And this is why you are only paying half the price (or less).
Warhawk24

Activity: 241
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:38:08 PM

check your messages
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: