Bitcoin Forum
December 15, 2017, 06:57:57 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the plan to fix slow transactions and high fees?  (Read 2744 times)
royalfestus

Activity: 490

“Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain”

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 05:57:16 PM

They mostly use it because it works outside of governmental control or censorship.
In fact, its origins and revelation was within the cypherpunk sphere which has no
interest in e-cash, but the idea of true unrestricted e-exchange.

I was just thinking if china holds that size of bitcoin and you addressed most of the owners to use to work out of government control or censorship. Seeing the indirect control of bitcoin by the chinese government. Can we still consider you statement to be void? or bitcoin is not serving that purpose anymore among the large users.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vaccinus

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 06:43:32 PM

It hasn't happened to me yet, fingers crossed, but even transactions where I have paid low fee's have gone through eventually.
Im not saying that block size isn't a problem, just that its doing bloody well considering!
Maybe Im one of the few lucky ones.
I've paid low fees also, but takes time (sometimes 1+ day(s), but I'm talking about making a small purchase in person, which would require a faster transaction.
This is where litecoin or dash comes in litecoin has 2 minute blocks and dash can instant TX, the owner can shapeshift to bitcoin without worry later.

litecoin has 2.5 minutes block time not 2, how can dash intant tx? they have a block time right, the confirmation can't be lower than 1 minute, i see a large amount of orphan for coins that have a lower than 1 minute confirmation time, and dash and litecoin i have lower volume on transaction than bitcoin, are they really comparable?

AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 07:44:06 PM

They mostly use it because it works outside of governmental control or censorship.
In fact, its origins and revelation was within the cypherpunk sphere which has no
interest in e-cash, but the idea of true unrestricted e-exchange.

I was just thinking if china holds that size of bitcoin and you addressed most of the owners to use to work out of government control or censorship. Seeing the indirect control of bitcoin by the chinese government. Can we still consider you statement to be void? or bitcoin is not serving that purpose anymore among the large users.

If I understand your statements correctly:
If those users keep their coins on exchanges and only exchange between exchange accounts,
that is not Bitcoin and its original designed purpose. That is speculative trading.

The Chinese government in theory can not control or regulate Bitcoin accept by going after the
Chinese miners or the Chinese exchanges. As long as you are not one of them, you are mostly
safe and free of censorship or control (until China fully outlaws bitcoin and hunts users and/or
node operators).

Bitcoin was designed to work without third-parties like banks or exchanges.
As long as Chinese btc users don't use bitcoin through those systems, they are fine (in theory).
Bitcoin was designed specifically for Person to Person, not Person to Exchange to Person.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Nathan047

Activity: 350

*['-']*

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 10:02:22 PM

This is where litecoin or dash comes in litecoin has 2 minute blocks and dash can instant TX, the owner can shapeshift to bitcoin without worry later.
Yea, Litecoin or DASH could work, although they're not bitcoin and if places don't adopt bitcoin then I don't expect them to jump strait to DASH or Litecoin.

bc1qa2892fkxt7e86j9g5jxxwwsjltkvx0xkm30d3q
kingcolex
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 02:50:32 AM

It hasn't happened to me yet, fingers crossed, but even transactions where I have paid low fee's have gone through eventually.
Im not saying that block size isn't a problem, just that its doing bloody well considering!
Maybe Im one of the few lucky ones.
I've paid low fees also, but takes time (sometimes 1+ day(s), but I'm talking about making a small purchase in person, which would require a faster transaction.

litecoin has 2.5 minutes block time not 2, how can dash intant tx? they have a block time right, the confirmation can't be lower than 1 minute, i see a large amount of orphan for coins that have a lower than 1 minute confirmation time, and dash and litecoin i have lower volume on transaction than bitcoin, are they really comparable?
Dash uses masternodes, which is a wallet that has 1000+ dash in it, it becomes a special node that allows for instant TX quorums to be processed, those who run the nodes get a POS style reward every so often.
It works great from everything I've seen about it, it doesn't seem like something we could bring to Bitcoin though due to the compensation of nodes.

wizmo

Activity: 350

Zabercoin – An Asset Backed Cryptocurrency

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 03:20:27 AM

I always pay recommanded fees and it only takes 3-4 minutes to confirm.

THE FUTURE OF
REAL ESTATE

║║
║║
║║
▬▬ ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ▬▬

║║
║║
║║
kingcolex
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 03:21:46 AM

No, no it does not.

poloniexwhale

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 04:26:16 AM

SegWit, Bitcoin unlimited and 8 MB are the major solutions to us, the most popular one is SegWit, but it is still difficult to fully implement.

dominikherzog5

Activity: 122

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 04:30:00 AM

I think segwit is plan to fix slow transaction and high fees from developers,
unfortunately it is not activated because there are some people ( what I know the miners )
who disagree with activation of segwit and they won't update the software.
So we must wait and see other solution and what is the best can be accepted
by all of comunity of bitcoin until this problem finish.
why some people disagree it?
fast transaction and low fee will bring more people to use it
densuj

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 03:08:36 PM

I think segwit is plan to fix slow transaction and high fees from developers,
unfortunately it is not activated because there are some people ( what I know the miners )
who disagree with activation of segwit and they won't update the software.
So we must wait and see other solution and what is the best can be accepted
by all of comunity of bitcoin until this problem finish.
why some people disagree it?
fast transaction and low fee will bring more people to use it
Some people usually the miners, they are disagree with segwit because
if it be activated bitcoin will become like fiat money the government or corporations
can be control the bitcoin and the other reason bitcoin's network will be down.
dunfida

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 03:12:04 PM

No, no it does not.
You are right it doesn't always rely on recommended fees since transaction confirmation would really depend on the blockchain network because if there are lots of unconfirmed transactions no matter how big you will pay on the tx fee it would still took long.I don't know how to fix this at all since bitcoin cant really be controlled neither fix or edit the blockchain network.

▄▄▄▄              ▄▄                                                              ▄▄▄▄
████             ████                                                             ████
████              ▀▀      ████                         ████                       ████
████  ▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ████
█████████████    ████   ███████████   ▄████▀████▄    ███████████  ▐██████████▄    ████
████     ▀████   ████     ████      ▄████▀   █████▄    ████        ▀▀    ▀████    ████
████      ████   ████     ████      ███▀    ▀██████    ████         ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ████
████      ████   ████     ████      ████▄██▄  ▀████    ████       ████████████    ████
████     ▄████   ████     ████▄     ▀████████▄  ██▀    ████▄     ▐███▌    ▐███    ████       ▄▄
████████████▀    ████     ▀███████▌   ▀█████████▀      ▀███████▌  ████████████    ▀█████▌   ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀   

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.