Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:46:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nigeria is Following Venezuela’s Bitcoin Trend  (Read 469 times)
Kemarit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1350

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 10:53:39 AM

Venezuela currently stands as one of the countries where Bitcoin has been embraced to a very large extent.

The world should expect a Bitcoin revolution out of the most populous black nation in the world.

A curve that is developing in Nigeria points in the same direction as what is happening in Venezuela, maybe to a lesser extent, though.

Link: http://www.valuewalk.com/2017/02/nigeria-following-venezuelas-bitcoin-trend/

.dice9.win.░░░░▄▄█████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀████▄
░█████▀██▀█████
█████▀█████▀█████
█████▄█████▄█████
████▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄████
░████▄▀█▄█▀▄████
░░▀████▄▄████▀
░░░░▀▀█████▀▀
████
░░░░░░█████████

███████

░░░░▄▄█████▄▄░░█████
░░▄████▀▀████▄
░████▀░░░░▀████
████▄▄█▀█▄▄████
██░░███░░░███░░██
████▀▀█▄█▀▀████
░████▄░░░░▄████
░░▀████▄▄████▀
░░░░▀▀█████▀▀
         ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
     ▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
   ▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄▀
▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░▄▀
 ▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
COIN FLIP
       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀░█
█░░░▀▀▀▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▀▀▄▄░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀
     ▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░░░▀
DICE
      ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄   ▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
█░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░▄▀▀▀░█░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█▀▀▀▄█░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█▀▀▀▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▀▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
   ▀▄▄░░░░█░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
      ▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀░░░░░░░░▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀
TWO DICE
▄█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀ ░░░▄▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▄░░░░▀█▄
▄▀▀█▄▄▀▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░▀▄░░░▀▀▀▀▄▄█▀▀▄
▄█▀▀█▀▄ ░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░ ▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀█▄
▄▀░░░█░░░▀▄░░░░█░░░░░░░░░ █░░░░▄▀░░░█░░░▀▄
█░░▄▀░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░ ▀▄▄▀░░░░░░▀▄░░█
█░▄▀░░░░░▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄░░░░░▀▄░█
█▀░░▄▄▀▀▀░░ ░▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀ ░░░▀▀▀▄▄░░▀█
▀▄▀▀░░░░░░░   ░░▀▀▀▄░░▄▀▀▀░░      ░░░░▀▀▄▀

ETHEROLL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 10:59:36 AM

Venezuela currently stands as one of the countries where Bitcoin has been embraced to a very large extent.

The world should expect a Bitcoin revolution out of the most populous black nation in the world.

A curve that is developing in Nigeria points in the same direction as what is happening in Venezuela, maybe to a lesser extent, though.

Link: http://www.valuewalk.com/2017/02/nigeria-following-venezuelas-bitcoin-trend/

Having read what is posted in that link of yours, I beg to disagree that because of the inflation being faced, then the way out is definitely the adoption of bitcoin, according to the article. In that same article, you only make reference to Venezuela without saying out rightly that they are using it over there and it has help arrest the country's inflation trend. To me, this article is not informative enough to actually say this is the way to go...
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 11:02:28 AM

It could be a big boom to nigerian economy. I can't imagine how much it would take them to improve their importation and exportation through bitcoin. 500NGN to $1 is just crazy in my opinion. Too low value, however if they could use the digital currency. (eg They imported products use bitcoin as a medium to purchase and vise versa.
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 11:10:55 AM

It could be a big boom to nigerian economy. I can't imagine how much it would take them to improve their importation and exportation through bitcoin. 500NGN to $1 is just crazy in my opinion. Too low value, however if they could use the digital currency. (eg They imported products use bitcoin as a medium to purchase and vise versa.

People of countries like those are taking advantage of Bitcoin for their value and anonymity features. I have heard more cases of cheating and fraud from countries like Nigeria than a boom to economy.  Undecided

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 11:20:54 AM

Nigeria is following the footsteps of Venezuela and has started to be engage in bitcoin business. The Central Bank of Nigeria has seen merits on the use of bitcoin and is now conducting a study on it. With it people are encouraged to buy bitcoin since even the central banks itself has appreciated bitcoin. Sooner or later Nigeria and Venezuela will be one of the countries that has more people using bitcoin.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1197

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 11:28:02 AM

As its the initial stage of bitcoin adoption into the country can expect more scams and ponzi emerging within the country, because people already in an economic crisis will always get interested towards something that helps to regain the hope of development. Already an MLM from Nigeria which at one point became a scam has now started to attract the people describing that it pays in bitcoin.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 12:15:58 PM

Nigeria is following the footsteps of Venezuela and has started to be engage in bitcoin business. The Central Bank of Nigeria has seen merits on the use of bitcoin and is now conducting a study on it. With it people are encouraged to buy bitcoin since even the central banks itself has appreciated bitcoin. Sooner or later Nigeria and Venezuela will be one of the countries that has more people using bitcoin.

Nigeria is adopting Bitcoin but not in the same way as Venezuela. The two countries are driven into bitcoin by completely different reasons. While Venezuela is driven by an economic crisis followed by aggressive capital control measures implemented by the government in order to seize the people's wealth and to ensure that wealth doesn´t leave the country. In Venezuela, bitcoin acts much as an escape to a terrible and constant devaluation of the national currency while acting as a tool for international transactions as well.
In contrast, what we see in Nigeria is a completely different case. Although the adoption of Bitcoin has been driven mainly by Ponzi schemes and other HYIP schemes and scams, contrary to what happens in Venezuela, the Nigerian government seems to be pretty supportive and shows real interest in Bitcoin.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 12:38:20 PM

Nigeria is adopting Bitcoin but not in the same way as Venezuela. The two countries are driven into bitcoin by completely different reasons. While Venezuela is driven by an economic crisis followed by aggressive capital control measures implemented by the government in order to seize the people's wealth and to ensure that wealth doesn´t leave the country. In Venezuela, bitcoin acts much as an escape to a terrible and constant devaluation of the national currency while acting as a tool for international transactions as well.
In contrast, what we see in Nigeria is a completely different case. Although the adoption of Bitcoin has been driven mainly by Ponzi schemes and other HYIP schemes and scams, contrary to what happens in Venezuela, the Nigerian government seems to be pretty supportive and shows real interest in Bitcoin.
i think your point often means Venezuela has less fraudulent cases regarding bitcoin? Huh
i know that place is issuing a larger denominations of banknotes like 10000, and they decided to adopt bitcoin.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 12:50:28 PM

Well that is a good news to hear, soon if the majority in that country accepts Bitcoin, then for sure some of its neighbouring countries will follow. After that I am pretty sure that the demand will go up. If the demand is higher than we expected we might see Bitcoin higher than 1000$ per coin. But that is my optimistic approach there are many hindrances of that happening.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 12:58:33 PM

I am not sure about Nigeria adopting bitcoin as an official policy. I read a few weeks ago that the apex bank of Africa’s largest economy warned local financial institutions against doing business in virtual currencies like bitcoin as they “are not legal tender in Nigeria.” Banks who trade and exchange digital currencies do so at their own risk. It also included Ripples, Monero, Litecoin, Dogecoin and Onecoin in its warning.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 01:03:13 PM

We don't need more poor countries to swarm in to the network but we need more merchants to trade premium goods for bitcoin, we don't need more mining farms, we need more people running nodes to keep the network decentralized, I have said it many times that bitcoin is in the open for anyone to grab as an opportunity to escape corruption of banking system.
Blawpaw
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 02:01:12 PM

We don't need more poor countries to swarm in to the network but we need more merchants to trade premium goods for bitcoin, we don't need more mining farms, we need more people running nodes to keep the network decentralized, I have said it many times that bitcoin is in the open for anyone to grab as an opportunity to escape corruption of banking system.

That's a strong point! We seriously need to keep the network decentralized. And today, the biggest threat is the mining conglomerates, so in order to maintain decentralization, we need to have more and more people running nodes. However, that is the only incentive, to keep the network decentralized. IMO, we need to develop a mechanism to reward those running Nodes.
Blawpaw
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 02:04:11 PM

i think your point often means Venezuela has less fraudulent cases regarding bitcoin? Huh
i know that place is issuing a larger denominations of banknotes like 10000, and they decided to adopt bitcoin.

That's one point of view. But what I really mean is that in Venezuela bitcoin is being adopted under a criminalization law, while in Nigeria its adoption even has the government support.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: