Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:43:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin Segwit miner support has reached 18% after a day  (Read 1566 times)
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 09:53:23 AM

if LTC miners accept segwit , they can kiss the profits from transaction fees Good bye.
LN will steal all of the transactions fees, and bankrupt the LTC miners.
Miners are not there for transaction fees. How can few litoshi saved anyone from bankruptcy?
https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/

Block rewards cut in halve every 4 years, at some point the Miners are supposed to survive off of transaction fees alone.
With each halving that transaction fee becomes a bigger % of their profit margin.

Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 10:07:38 AM

Litecoin miners are clever than bitcoin miners, they know if litecoin accepts segwit, they will win a lot of money because of price pump. Some stubborn bitcoin miners don't like segwit but eventually they will accept segwit. Let us see my prophet is correct or not.

BTC miners have already blocked segwit , it has no chance at all of being activated on BTC,
if LTC miners accept segwit , they can kiss the profits from transaction fees Good bye.

Ask your self this, on LN offchain network BTC & LTC would run exactly at the same speed, why the hell would I bother with LN's LTC, when I can use LN's BTC.
Segwit for litecoin is a death blow to litecoin.  Moving to LN removes any speed advantages you had over BTC onchain performance.
Charlie has accepted a payoff to kill litecoin, by including segwit.   Tongue

Cool

That is weird. I thought the fee is not an important issue in this case. But it turns out to affect miners a lot and other things which related to Litecoin. Why do people keep saying SegWit is good? My friend, who I mentioned in my thread, is one of the professional people in the cryptos field and I doubt that his decision is wrong. He joined the Bitcoin world in 2009 and he know everything about what he should do next to obtain more and more bitcoin and money
Well, as you say, time will tell us which is more benefit and who are right in this warzone

Charlie works for Coinbase & his brother Bobby at BTCC , they are all going to receive a windfall from LN if segwit gets activated.
They are counting on Charlie's influence in the mining community to sway the mining communities.

If Charlie is your messiah , then follow him blindly,

if you can think for yourself, wonder how you are going to earn onchain transactions fees to pay your mining bills, when all of the transactions are occurring Offchain and the profit going directly into LN's pockets. Block rewards keep diminishing every 4 years, what will you do when it no longer pays the bills and there are no transaction fees to make up the difference.  Tongue

Cool
dwgscale11

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 01:29:42 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2017, 02:02:05 PM by dwgscale11

Gentleman, what you see above is BU trolls trying to pump their political views.  Segwit is good, and it will be great on Litecoin. It WILL be activated.

Time to wake up!
 Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 10:08:07 PM

Gentleman, what you see above is BU trolls trying to pump their political views.  Segwit is good, and it will be great on Litecoin. It WILL be activated.

Time to wake up!
 Cool

dwgscale11 the one that wanted to bet, and when I placed a contract for him to sign chickened out.

Yeah your a beacon of stupid alright.  Cheesy

Cool

FYI:
Segwit activation is still less than 10% on LTC.
Segwit miner support (percentage of segwit blocks signaling within the current activation period)   679 (8.92%)

Personally expect the % to reach ~25% to 35% and then no higher just like BTC.  Wink
Seems every community has ~30% that are complete stupid sheep.

FYI2: What do the LTC miners think?

wavespump

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:53:09 AM

Litecoin miners are clever than bitcoin miners, they know if litecoin accepts segwit, they will win a lot of money because of price pump. Some stubborn bitcoin miners don't like segwit but eventually they will accept segwit. Let us see my prophet is correct or not.

BTC miners have already blocked segwit , it has no chance at all of being activated on BTC,

Ask your self this, on LN offchain network BTC & LTC would run exactly at the same speed, why the hell would I bother with LN's LTC, when I can use LN's BTC.
Segwit for litecoin is a death blow to litecoin.  Moving to LN removes any speed advantages you had over BTC onchain performance.

Cool

That is weird. I thought the fee is not an important issue in this case. But it turns out to affect miners a lot and other things which related to Litecoin. Why do people keep saying SegWit is good? My friend, who I mentioned in my thread, is one of the professional people in the cryptos field and I doubt that his decision is wrong. He joined the Bitcoin world in 2009 and he know everything about what he should do next to obtain more and more bitcoin and money
Well, as you say, time will tell us which is more benefit and who are right in this warzone

If segwit is not good, which is good? I like the segwit, not only softfork, but also developed by bitcoin core team. Which is the most reliable team. BU is better? No, I don't think so, hardfork will kill the price.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 03:54:09 AM

Cool

If segwit is not good, which is good? I like the segwit, not only softfork, but also developed by bitcoin core team. Which is the most reliable team. BU is better? No, I don't think so, hardfork will kill the price.
But are hope there is the second roger ver in litecoin? LOL
Based on his some technical reason and litecoin already enough without SegWit implement.
So are you explaining if you like SegWit caused by bitcoin core?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: