Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:06:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CoinDrama.com - Airing Out Bitcoin's Dirty Laundry  (Read 914 times)
nyusternie (OP)

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

"Living the Kewl Life"

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:21:54 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2013, 12:17:40 PM by nyusternie

Coin Drama
http://www.coindrama.com/

When AMC went off the air in Sept '11, it left a huge void in my guilty pleasure for drama-on-tap.
A year later, I discover Bitcoin and all is well again Grin

This site aims to be a collection of ALL THE DRAMA that goes in the Bitcoin/Alt-coin communities (past and present).

So far this is just a rough outline of a site so please bear with me.
However, I don't see why I can't start collecting data and throwing some coins your way in the meantime.

Offering BTC for stories, links, media and site suggestions:

1. New stories about drama happening today.

2. I'd also like to go back and record as many past stories (like pirateat40, bitcoinica, glbse, etc).

3. Suggestions on improving the website.

Here is a basic break-down on the rewards available (this may change without notice):

Exclusive Scoop - 1 Gold Coin ( 0.100 BTC )
New "Coin Drama" Story - 1 Silver Coin ( 0.010 BTC )
Story Update - 1 Bronze Coin ( 0.001 BTC )
(more rewards coming soon)

* The site will remain ad-free, aside from the self-serving promotion of our new social network launching soon…
And please keep in mind that we're still in the early development stage, so there are still a lot of issue to work out.

1SDoTrAWQnbJ2ZHvLs3a2XxazqNSishn1
GPG A1638B57 | OTC nyusternie

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:18:55 AM

Are you interested in someone writing recaps of past drama?
nyusternie (OP)

"Living the Kewl Life"

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:37:02 AM

that would be fantastic!

however, we just don't have the resources for that at this time (but i'll certainly keep you in mind).
atm i'm streatched too thin as it is, but this is something i've wanted to do for months now (been driving me crazy).
would like to start just by keeping things simple and linking to articles, threads, sites, etc.

for now, the current focus will be on defining the structure of the site (content, layouts, features, services, etc).
any and all ideas are very much appreciated (tips WILL be made -- just haven't worked out all the details yet)

anexsia

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:52:35 AM

This is great, I love it! One of my guilty pleasures is visiting Bitcoin Talk to see all the latest drama going on  Grin.
nyusternie (OP)

"Living the Kewl Life"

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:11:26 PM

This is great, I love it! One of my guilty pleasures is visiting Bitcoin Talk to see all the latest drama going on  Grin.

words cannot describe how much i love the drama that goes on here.
those asic folks have brought so much joy to my life
 Cheesy

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:30:52 PM

ziggap drama
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 12:44:49 PM

I guess you'll be generating revenue from the networking site?

I'll be happy to do some write-ups of past drama that I witnessed at no charge. It will be in my (very limited) spare time, so it might take a while.

Feel free to PM me.

Still around.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:44:58 PM

that would be fantastic!

however, we just don't have the resources for that at this time (but i'll certainly keep you in mind).
atm i'm streatched too thin as it is, but this is something i've wanted to do for months now (been driving me crazy).
would like to start just by keeping things simple and linking to articles, threads, sites, etc.

for now, the current focus will be on defining the structure of the site (content, layouts, features, services, etc).
any and all ideas are very much appreciated (tips WILL be made -- just haven't worked out all the details yet)

Happy to write a good quality recap if I can include a text ad there Smiley
nyusternie (OP)

"Living the Kewl Life"

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:13:45 PM

I guess you'll be generating revenue from the networking site?

I'll be happy to do some write-ups of past drama that I witnessed at no charge. It will be in my (very limited) spare time, so it might take a while.

Feel free to PM me.

yeah, we're currently developing a Social Networking site ( BTC Village ) for the bitcoin/alt-coin communities.
in the beginning, it will primarily be focused on "real-money" gaming (more like Bitcoin Minefield and less like online poker)

there is a tremendous amount of behind the scenes that is still being worked out, but its never to early to start promoting.
http://www.coinlovechest.com/ is another one of our promotional sites.

on the site (http://www.coindrama.com/) right now there's a link that says "Report New Drama".
just enter a link to an article, thread, whathaveyou; a brief description about what it is; and a payment address for your reward (yes, we want to pay our contributors)

Happy to write a good quality recap if I can include a text ad there Smiley

in the spirit of keeping things clean, it would have to be more of an attribution (w/ hyperlink) and less of a text ad
the goal is to keep BTC Village as ad-free as possible

things are very raw at the moment, so practically nothing has been finalized yet.
but we will certainly be crediting each and every contributor for their efforts and support.

i'm certain we can work something out

TCollar

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:34:21 PM

Most announcements of BTC website ideas make me slap my forehead,  But this one is awesome.

What always ticked me off about "gossip" sites was that they tended to focus on what doesn't really matter to real people (Celebrities) but instead if "gossip" type sites focused on government and its players I think it would do more to keep people who really effect lives to be more honest.

So go forth, kick ass, and take names. (and good luck)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: