Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:31:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Battle for the Red or Green Candle. Bull trap ?  (Read 1711 times)
samson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:09:21 PM

I believe the sudden unexplicable buying / selling throughout today has been caused by people battling to change the colour, range and fill of the candle on todays daily chart.

They're trying to change it to suit their own agenda.

There appears to have been some frenzied action late yesterday as well but I wan't watching.

The opening price today as reported on the Clark Moody website is $68.49.

Earlier today we saw a series of unexpected huge purchases right off the order books raising the price in total by more than $20 to a high of $98.77799, then it stopped.

Next various ask walls popped up, the largest of which is on $70, right now someone wants to purchase 22529 Bitcoins at $70.xx

Why is that ? I suspect it's solely to protect the closing price, if it closes lower than the opening then it's a red candle.

So in conclusion I'd suggest that the madness today has been a battle between the people who want the candle to be red and those who want it to be green.

A forced green candle at this stage isn't going to be a good thing, whoever's doing this has spent a lot of money and I have no doubt that there's little atruism in their intent.

My prediction : this is a large scale bull trap being laid out before us.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's the way it looks to me.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:10:28 PM

What motivates people to "change the colour"? I don't see how that is of any benefit to anyone.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:11:25 PM

Interesting. Why are candles green or red?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
San1ty

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:12:25 PM

Interesting. Why are candles green or red?

Better be trolling! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candlestick_chart

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:13:47 PM

People read waaaay too much into charts.

The only reason to even learn about that BS is so you can take advantage of other peoples chart superstitions.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:14:23 PM

Quote from: Wikipedia
In some East Asian countries such as Taiwan, China, Japan, and South Korea, the colouring scheme is reversed (red for higher closing, and green/blue for a lower closing).

Candlestick charts came from Japan. The proper colourcoding should actually be green=down.
samson (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:34:01 PM

What motivates people to "change the colour"? I don't see how that is of any benefit to anyone.

Really ?
Kazu

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:41:48 PM

I believe the sudden unexplicable buying / selling throughout today has been caused by people battling to change the colour, range and fill of the candle on todays daily chart.

There appears to have been some frenzied action late yesterday as well but I wan't watching.

Earlier today we saw a series of unexpected huge purchases right off the order books raising the price in total by more than $20 to a high of $98.77799, then it stopped.

Next various ask walls popped up, the largest of which is on $70, right now someone wants to purchase 22529 Bitcoins at $70.xx

Why is that ? I suspect it's solely to protect the closing price, if it closes lower than the opening then it's a red candle.

So in conclusion I'd suggest that the madness today has been a battle between the people who want the candle to be red and those who want it to be green.

A forced green candle at this stage isn't going to be a good thing, whoever's doing this has spent a lot of money and I have no doubt that there's little atruism in their intent.

I don't exactly see how any of this is 'unexplicable.' It may be 'stupid' but it isn't 'inexplicable.'

A bunch of people saw BTC going up at an insane rate and decided they wanted in, perpetuating the insane growth rate, until somebody sold big causing it to crash. Fear caused a bunch of others to sell, perpetuating the insane crash, until people decided they liked their Bitcoins cheap and bought up, again too fast, but people are freaked out and start selling, and manipulators want their coins cheap so they attempt to perpetuate this decline, and it crashes again. The manipulators buy their cheap coins, and the price slowly recovers until people try to cash out, by this time everybody is scared so shitless a wall of that size is enough to cause them to sell and the crash/bounce repeats. Its insanely difficult to tell WHEN its crashing or to how low, so a bit of fear is enough to make the speculators sell to try to get out on top. Of course Gox crashing a ton doesn't help the sentiment.

This issue will only be fixed when big players get in that want to encourage stability, not large swings, and when exchanges get their act together. Until then it will be a very rocky ride.

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:10:39 PM

rationalizing much? emotionally damaged?

"but but but the market could go down....but but but the market could go up....oh noes what do I do?"

I agree with Vlad. lol SELL all your bitcoins if you gotta ask.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

samson (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:15:47 PM

"but but but the market could go down....but but but the market could go up....oh noes what do I do?"

I agree with Vlad. lol SELL all your bitcoins if you gotta ask.

Not asking, just speculation.
samson (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 12:04:46 AM

So the day has ended and we have a large very bullish green candle reversing previous days of downturn.

Just good luck I guess

Volume total for the last 3 days combined : 991,530
Volume for today : 357,776

That's quite a turn around in 24 hours.
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 12:16:41 AM

So when the market goes down $40 in a day it is a "correction", but when it goes up $25 in a day it is inexplicable?

The real truth is easy: there are more people who want BTC and think the price will go up than those who think it will go down.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: