Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:06:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfloor trading suspended  (Read 9118 times)
True___Blue

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 12:37:57 AM

Crap, I was waiting for my Bank Account to be verified so I could withdraw via ACH. I've got a nice hunk of cash at Bitfloor right now  Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 12:43:34 AM

Bitfloor was hacked cause of the admin not having cold storage secured, and if you have money in there, then you are stupid and I can't feel sorry.

Where do you get this information?

I had a few hundred BTC and $10,000+ in USD with bitfloor. That is now all safely at other exchanges or was sent to another exchange and cashed out there.

I thank bitfloor for everything, was a pleasure doing business with you guys, if you ever return sign me up.

p.s. There's about $1.xx leftover in my account that i didn't feel like figuring out how much btc i could buy with. You can feel free to keep that as a donation towards all the time you've spent on this project and now this legal bs.

Good luck to you Roman!

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
infested999 (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:29:48 AM

Actually, why can't Bitfloor just make a contract where they transfer all of our account funds to MtGox or BitStamp (and they just make one big transaction to them), so that our money is safe?

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
dscotese

Activity: 444

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 01:48:26 AM

Having met Roman in person and discussing bitfloor matters with him at length some time ago, I do not think it is a scam. But they are now in trouble with banks that is for sure.

BTC withdrawals should be allowed right now. Anyone who has BTC and cannot withdraw it is being stolen from. He will probably mix in the BTC and USD in his account and reimburse everyone 50% of what they had @ 100$/BTC
I withdrew my bitcoins after you posted that without any problem.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:08:38 AM

I was able to click "withdraw" and the transaction went through but nothing has shown up on the blockchain yet...  Getting worried...

Give it some time. After the hack last year, in which all Bitfloor users' BTC funds were stolen, Bitfloor moved to storing most BTC funds in a cold wallet. Now that everyone is rushing to withdraw their funds, BTC transactions cannot all be processed automatically. The funds have to be manually taken out of the cold wallet first.

transaction just showed up on the blockchain.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
ezetortuga

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:46:54 AM

I just got my bitcoins back from BitFloor. Took about an hour. No problem. They are honest.
ramus313

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 12:03:30 PM

I have my funds in usd on my bitfloor account, I an undergoing the verification process, but that will probably take a week. Bitfloor have yet to respond to any of my emails that I sent them, hopefully I can get my money back, this was my first time dealing with them.
Rishodi

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 01:26:48 PM

The USD I withdrew from Bitfloor yesterday morning has appeared in my bank account. Total turnaround time was less than 24 hours, but I was already verified and I requested the withdrawal a few hours before trading halted.

Bitrated user: Rishodi.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:22:00 PM

So Bitcoin-24 goes down and now bitfloor too.
Viceroy

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:29:15 PM

Help! We need a new exchange! 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179147.0
(Please contribute meaningfully)
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:09:22 PM

BitFloor is ceasing all trading operations and returning client funds. Please see https://bitfloor.com  for details.

Everyone who has USD in their account is fucked. THe only withdraw option is direct bank deposit which will never work.

I tested it: I received payment from Bitfloor via ACH a few weeks ago.

Now we return you to our usual program of FUD and paranoia.

I try to be respectful and informed.
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:15:20 PM

... To withdraw USD you need to have a verified account and they are on backlog up to 3 days before they shut down. By the time everyone gets their money the money will be gone.

They should remove ID requirement and just send all the money through whatever means.

Good heavens ... what does it mean "they are on backlog up to 3 days"?  

What they say is normal and common procedure:

ACH (direct deposit)

ACH withdraw is free and takes about 1-3 business days before the funds are available in your bank account. Before you can withdraw funds via ACH you must fill out the form below with the required information. A member of our support staff will review your request and respond once ACH is setup.

There is no backlog and there is no 3 days 'before they shut down'.  

Just send all the money through whatever means?  What would 'whatever means' be?  Paypal?  I don't think so.

Bitfloor has been an honest and realistic service in the market for me.  They are doing their best to get things back to the owners.  Let's just get our facts straight here please.  

The price is always $5 to $10 higher on Bitfloor than on other exchanges, that's because it's the easiest exchange to put money on to and the hardest to get money out of. They are the only exchange that has instant local cash deposits but withdrawing money requires government ID.

Why can't they send everyone a USPS money order of their funds?

Have you ever received USD from an exchange without providing identity documents?

Viceroy

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:16:14 PM

how dare you test something rather than blindly speculate... who the hell do you think you are?
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:18:08 PM

I have my funds in usd on my bitfloor account, I an undergoing the verification process, but that will probably take a week. Bitfloor have yet to respond to any of my emails that I sent them, hopefully I can get my money back, this was my first time dealing with them.

I worked support a few years ago.  You might think through what would happen if everyone sends emails to them, how much delay does that cause.

ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:21:56 PM

how dare you test something rather than blindly speculate... who the hell do you think you are?

Yeah, I even did the test before I put real money into Bitfloor.  I guess I'll never fit in here.

flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:16:12 PM

I worked support a few years ago.  You might think through what would happen if everyone sends emails to them, how much delay does that cause.

Roman responded to 2 of my emails, he's definitely answering them.

Dr3AM$cAp3

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 12:02:46 AM

new favorite smart ass.  Haven't emailed em yet, wish everyone else would chill out.

New to the game, too much to learn.
Smiley OD, sarcasm implied.
whereismymoney13

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 05:49:10 AM

Has anyone heard anything besides the 10 day ETA for them to receive a check for our money? I mean if they had their bank account closed, how do they expect to cash this "check"?
flound1129

www.multipool.us

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 06:01:56 AM

Has anyone heard anything besides the 10 day ETA for them to receive a check for our money? I mean if they had their bank account closed, how do they expect to cash this "check"?

I think the idea is they will open a new account with the check.

True___Blue

Activity: 354

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 10:58:27 AM

Is anyone else still waiting on funds?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: