Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:45:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Op-ed: Impossible to de-Chinalize Bitcoin  (Read 13756 times)
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2017, 08:27:11 AM

PBOC has been strengthening the supervision to domestic Bitcoin enterprises. Companies related to bitcoin trading are paranoid and introduce a variety of restrictions on transactions. Harsher one prohibit Bitcoin withdrawal while easier company impose other policies to increase trade friction. On the other hand, PBOC still reserve abundant cards to play in terms of regulating Bitcoin.
It’s under such a background that topic of “de-Chinalize Bitcoin” is getting popular in the industry. My suggestion is to abandon the idea completely. It’s impossible to de-Chinalize Bitcoin.

http://news.8btc.com/op-ed-impossible-to-de-chinalize-bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
supergenics

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:32:01 AM

Bitcoin is borderless currency so anyone can join. The so-called "de-Chinalize" is actually trying to draw a border, and the idea is not aligned with the principles of bitcoin...
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:41:36 AM

I agree with supergenics. People try to fit Bitcoin is terms they can deal with. I fact i think people in general will find problems. If you look hard enough you will always find some kind of X-lization, just so you can demand it sw-x-lization. Whether it is a country or a region with to much hashpower or one entity (like a mining pool) spread over the whole world with to much hashpower. Only if you are the one with the hashpower you seem to have no problem. To a certain extent these awareness is good and healthy, but do not overdue it. 

7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:46:26 AM

I think it should be the other way round- PBOC is trying to get people in China to "de-Bitcoinize". It is possible but difficult due to the decentralized and P2P nature of bitcoin.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:57:17 AM

there is no Chinalize to de-Chinalize unless by de-Chinalize you mean we should kill the mentality of people thinking China is controlling bitcoin. there is even multiple topics about it. and when you look deeper into the issue you see that it comes from the numerous FUD that is being spread everywhere each time China makes a move.

the mining power is getting distributed with passing of time, Georgia is now becoming big, so that reason is already dead.

the volume they were reporting is also dead since now we all know it was all fake volume anyways.

so the question is how much longer the FUDsters are going to milk the China-controls-bitcoin-cow!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 09:03:38 AM

Yes, it is possible to De-Chinalize them from the strong influence they have in Bitcoin market, thanks to Japanese exchanges the trade volume seems to be coming back, Japan exchage gave Bitcoin chance when no one was willing to try and I can see them taking their strong positions back.
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2017, 10:18:52 AM

Yes, it is possible to De-Chinalize them from the strong influence they have in Bitcoin market, thanks to Japanese exchanges the trade volume seems to be coming back, Japan exchage gave Bitcoin chance when no one was willing to try and I can see them taking their strong positions back.

Japanese exchanges are taking 0 fees.

hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2017, 10:21:08 AM

Bitcoin is borderless currency so anyone can join. The so-called "de-Chinalize" is actually trying to draw a border, and the idea is not aligned with the principles of bitcoin...

Chinese market is shrinking, that doesn't concern you?

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 10:27:01 AM

PBOC has been strengthening the supervision to domestic Bitcoin enterprises. Companies related to bitcoin trading are paranoid and introduce a variety of restrictions on transactions. Harsher one prohibit Bitcoin withdrawal while easier company impose other policies to increase trade friction. On the other hand, PBOC still reserve abundant cards to play in terms of regulating Bitcoin.
It’s under such a background that topic of “de-Chinalize Bitcoin” is getting popular in the industry. My suggestion is to abandon the idea completely. It’s impossible to de-Chinalize Bitcoin.

The main issue on China was not on getting all bitcoins out of China but the creation of fake volumes and market manipulation of Chinese exchangers. But sooner or later China will also sell their bitcoins to get profit and in time the number of volume of bitcoins in their hands will diminish  and will be distributed worldwide.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 11:51:03 AM

Prohibit bitcoin withdrawal? Until the regulations about exchanges be done?
Or prohibit bitcoin withdrawal as fiat money (convert) ??
"war between government and Bitcoin will continue", I like this one as you have mentioned how capital against government since decades ago. Bitcoiners in China will find their ways even though gov ban bitcoin.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 11:59:13 AM

Chinese market is shrinking, that doesn't concern you?

the chinese market was never big in the first place.
just Fudsters and spammers embellished and racially exaggerated 'china control' purely to cause speculation

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 10:12:43 PM

Isn't that also the reason that China seemed to have a large volume?
Arcteryx

Activity: 728

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 10:18:09 PM

I would say yeah lets get this train turned right around and send it straight Japan's way! Grin

I had a theory and I think it will pay out dividends if it does come to fruition:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1791094

bitFlyer exchange all the way baby! Wink

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 01:48:36 AM

The main issue on China was not on getting all bitcoins out of China but the creation of fake volumes and market manipulation of Chinese exchangers. But sooner or later China will also sell their bitcoins to get profit and in time the number of volume of bitcoins in their hands will diminish  and will be distributed worldwide.

Not really, OTC trade price is still higher and coins are coming in.

RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:11:33 AM

actually it seems like it was perfectly possible to do that. China did de-Chinalize themselves. we no longer can see the same volume coming from China and then with the latest restrictions the volume on exchanges went to practically zero and everyone is not OTC trading.

i hope at least one good thing comes out of this when we stop seeing so many China FUD.

Buying the dip...
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 05:57:44 AM

actually it seems like it was perfectly possible to do that. China did de-Chinalize themselves. we no longer can see the same volume coming from China and then with the latest restrictions the volume on exchanges went to practically zero and everyone is not OTC trading.

i hope at least one good thing comes out of this when we stop seeing so many China FUD.

I see OTC trading volume is nearly 2000btc a day.

poloniexwhale

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 06:17:23 AM

Bitcoin is a global payment system, I can't get the idea of chinalize bitcoin, it is impossible, how can they localize bitcoin? Just more regulations doesn't mean chinalize bitcoin.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 06:30:55 AM

The Chinese government cannot regulate Bitcoin. The most it can do is regulate or restrict the use of Bitcoin by its people. Its actions do not affect anyone else in the world.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 07:23:57 AM

The Chinese government cannot regulate Bitcoin. The most it can do is regulate or restrict the use of Bitcoin by its people. Its actions do not affect anyone else in the world.
Yes, Chinese merchants are not allowed to accept bitcoin. But sometimes regulation is contagious.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 07:28:06 AM

is this chinese exchange all over again? what i think is that it's not the fee that determinate the volume, chinese exxchange had fake volume and not real volume because they were running their exchange with zero fee

traders don't even care about fee too much, they are all very minimum, volume is higher in japan for another reason, hype/better adoption etc...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: